MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #201
hostilityy
EDM & Progressive

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 yamaha YZF 450
2008 yamaha R6 (sold)
2009 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
What's the meme for "you're retarded"? When you resort to meme's instead of good concrete logic based on science then it just makes you look even more retarded.

Good luck with business calculus.

Cos your science and math doesn't apply to this rider's crash you dumb how many times I gotta tell you boy? This isn't a space shuttle going speed or sound. drag applies to endo? It's so small that shouldn't even be calculated, like jumping up and saying the earth weighs less for a split second. GTFO here.

our choices makes us who we are.

Last edited by hostilityy; 09-05-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NON 27 TWS (Texas World Speedway) EVENT STATUS Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 11-26-2010 05:42 PM
Another excellent event at TWS (Texas World Speedway) 6-22 tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 54 06-24-2008 07:18 PM
Special information for 3-3 TWS (Texas World Speedway) event tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 16 02-27-2008 05:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #202
pigfarmer
Banned

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

Old 09-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #203
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
I would tend to disagree with you based on momentum and center of gravity relative to the axis of rotation, in this case the front axle. While I'm sure drag imposes some opposing force on the rider / motorcycle, I don't think it's nearly enough to state that it's "easier" to induce this rotation at a lower speed.

In this case, you have both the forward momentum at the center of gravity (above the axle) moving forward, plus the force of deceleration between the ground and front tire acting at roughly 1' distance below the axle. The faster you're going, the stronger those rotational forces are going to be.

Honestly not trying to be an here: I'm not always great at describing things in words, I'd be happy to draw a diagram of exactly what I'm trying to describe if it would help.
Momentum is p=mv while drag stated earlier has a v^2 term so drag will grow much faster than momentum. Not saying Stoppies or endo's can't be done at higher speeds but only that it takes more braking force to overcome the drag.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #204
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

*yes that's oversimplified and negates gravity, but I intended only to highlight that the most important factors in this dynamic only increase with increased velocity, assuming you're operating at the tractive limits of the tire.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #205
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostilityy View Post
Cos your science and math doesn't apply to this rider's crash you dumb how many times I gotta tell you boy? This isn't a space shuttle going speed or sound. drag applies to endo? It's so small that shouldn't even be calculated, like jumping up and saying the earth weighs less for a split second. GTFO here.
I just calculated drag and how much it resists endos. The answer is more than your internal combustion engine out of a sports car can produce.

When was the last time you took a physics class? Fluid dynamics class? Dynamics class? Aerodynamics don't need that much speed to make a difference.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #206
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
*yes that's oversimplified and negates gravity, but I intended only to highlight that the most important factors in this dynamic only increase with increased velocity, assuming you're operating at the tractive limits of the tire.
Gravity is constant at any speed.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #207
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

Old 09-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #208
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Locked rear at that speed, heading into a corner, you go from being a pilot to passenger. Great if you are on motard but not on a supersport. Nothing but modulating the front brake and (counter) steering could have save any of them.

The other thing that is hard to reproduce is the lever effort you exert and speed at which you exert it, in an actual panic situation. You're him and come in to a corner (off line) thinking you will follow another bike through at twice the speed you thought the are actually going, realize it and start to check up, you're on the brakes but its clear you are going to hit them really hard, squeeze brakes more, more, who wouldn't panic? OR you're her thinking, "man that was a rush, oh I got to slow down, didn't think I would get to this corner that fast, oh wait, no not that slow" them BAM! "What the... was that bike upside down... brakes brakes brakes, oh I'm going to run this guy over... more brakes. Getting hit by the wrong end of bike from behind would make anyone here panic! That's tough to recreate even when you are trying.

In fact I change my theory. These endos were NOT cause by the prevailing laws of physics, they were cause when the vacuum generated by panic induced rectal evacuation, sucked the rear tires off the ground rotating the bikes end over end, only when the riders finally exhaled as they flew in the air did the bikes finally disengage from their seats.
Liked this post:
Old 09-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #209
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
But you didn't figure in gravity into your answer, did you? Nah, can't cause you Physic majors don't know what the it is.
When comparing two situations when there are constants you can ignore them. If I was calculating how much braking force it would take to do an endo I would need to calculate gravity but since I'm not doing that then gravity is irrelevant to the discussion of what speed is easier to endo at.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #210
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

I endo'ed b4 t3 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) same day and the rear came up, I still made the turn tho got some footage I may post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #211
MoreyFan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster

Quote:
not warp speed

camiseta camiseta keep calm and bazinga ilustracao
Old 09-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #212
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
yeah, I meant to have that comment with the diagram, didn't realize this was so popular and so didn't refresh before just posting.

If we were debating easier to endo at 120 mph or 160 mph, I might buy into drag having an effect, as the drag force might have a greater effect than the force of deceleration, as the traction of the tire is limited by the tire compound, drag is only limited by velocity. However, I'm not sold on the real-world explanation between 20-80 mph.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #213
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

If it makes a difference from 120-160 it will make a difference at 20-80. Motorcycles have terrible aerodynamics, especially with the rider sitting upright like with braking.

Another thing to consider is if a bike/rider have 50/50 weight distribution then at 20 mph it will be 49/51, then at 80 mph it will be 40/60(random numbers used to explain a concept. That means the braking force is going to have to overcome that weight bias before flipping the bike.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #214
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Hahahahhahaahh at some of these replies
Liked this post:
Old 09-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #215
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

All you guys and arguing over this are gay. Honestly, who gives a fk!? It's a crash. Instead of enjoying the video, you choose to argue about that doesn't even matter.

Anyways, I'm out. Catch you ladies later.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
Closed Thread