MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
shadowsinner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1

Send a message via AIM to shadowsinner
Exclamation 5/16/7 Wednesday Night Crash

On the last ride of the night from PP1, the group took the normal route down 610 and around to allen pky. Mario Cortez (big buy with mowhawk on the helmet) on his white and blue GSXR was towards the back/middle of the group, about 7 behind him, I was one of those. Mario took the allen exit off of 59 tonight going a bit too fast and laid his bike out and went over the edge of the rail right at the first turn of the exit and fell that about 40-50ft fall onto the road bellow. His bike continued around then exit and stopped length wise at the end mostly blocking traffic. There were only two other guys that stopped with me when we found the bike but could not find him. We got off our bikes and started looking for him as 4 other bikes hauled pass his bike on the ground and us walking around. If it weren't for a couple of bums under the bridge we would have never known he had gone over the edge. Screw you 4 who didn't even slow down to see what was going on or to help, talk about f*#$ed up! He was and is alive, thankfully! Both his legs are broken, his right wrist/hand, his left femur, & of course tons of road rash, this of course is just the first report from the doctor. He is currently at the:
Ben Taub General Hospital
(713) 793-2000 | 2525 Holly Hall St Houston, TX
Stayed up there a bit unitl after the family got there but he will be in surgery most of tonight and probably more soon. I will let ya'll know more as I find it out.
shadowsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C Moon Tower Wednesday 1/16/13 Meet Up. NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 44 01-17-2013 12:49 PM
S SOUTHEAST MEET WEDNESDAY 5-16-12 HOOTERS SEABROOK j_e_hurst Events, Meets and Rides 64 05-17-2012 03:49 PM
06/01 Wednesday Night Bike Night kpoera2003 Events, Meets and Rides 10 06-01-2011 08:54 PM
WEDNESDAY NIGHT 6/3/09 OTR - Cigar Night JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 9 06-04-2009 11:05 PM
any meets tonight? wednesday aug 16? houseofpaint Events, Meets and Rides 48 08-20-2006 08:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #2
infidel
drpickles

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

sorry to hear that. hope thing work out for the best
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 AM   #3
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsinner
On the last ride of the night from PP1, the group took the normal route down 610 and around to allen pky. Mario Cortez (big buy with mowhawk on the helmet) on his white and blue GSXR was towards the back/middle of the group, about 7 behind him, I was one of those. Mario took the allen exit off of 59 tonight going a bit too fast and laid his bike out and went over the edge of the rail right at the first turn of the exit and fell that about 40-50ft fall onto the road bellow. His bike continued around then exit and stopped length wise at the end mostly blocking traffic. There were only two other guys that stopped with me when we found the bike but could not find him. We got off our bikes and started looking for him as 4 other bikes hauled pass his bike on the ground and us walking around. If it weren't for a couple of bums under the bridge we would have never known he had gone over the edge. Screw you 4 who didn't even slow down to see what was going on or to help, talk about f*#$ed up! He was and is alive, thankfully! Both his legs are broken, his right wrist/hand, his left femur, & of course tons of road rash, this of course is just the first report from the doctor. He is currently at the:
Ben Taub General Hospital
(713) 793-2000 | 2525 Holly Hall St Houston, TX
Stayed up there a bit unitl after the family got there but he will be in surgery most of tonight and probably more soon. I will let ya'll know more as I find it out.
dude thats f***ed up glad hes alright and back on his feet soon.......
Old 05-17-2007, 05:37 AM   #4
Aggie
In slow, fast out...hmm

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'08 MD250H (track)
'06 NSF100 (sold)
'07 GSXR600 (sold)
'04 R6 (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

WTF!! He fell off the edge! Man, I hope he gets better...he's VERY lucky to even be alive. It's a long drop. I think about that everyday (take the turn to work everyday).

I can see someone not stopping at the end of the turn & U-turning, but to not turn back at all....they're f***in' a**holes. What goes around, comes around.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #5
paniro187

and yet people still ride out toe pp1 at night by the end of the riding season no posers will be left. every wednesday 1 or 2 people gets picked off. :eh:

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #6
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Wreck sends motorcyclist over elevated ramp near downtown
(5/17/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A motorcycle wreck sends a rider over an elevated ramp, crashing head first onto the ground below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also on ABC13.com:

Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The driver of the motorcyclist came off the freeway, trying to negotiate a turn, northbound 45 to the Allen Parkway," said Adrian Gaspar with the Houston Police Department.

The biker who did not follow the ramp's curve, crashed into the guardrail overnight. Police say he was ejected and flew over the downtown area ramp. The biker crashed some 20 feet below, head first on the ground.

He is in a hospital in critical condition. Police say the victim was wearing a helmet.
(Copyright 2007, KTRK-TV)

!!! Sorry to hear about that. Hope he recovers soon.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #7
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
and yet people still ride out toe pp1 at night by the end of the riding season no posers will be left. every wednesday 1 or 2 people gets picked off. :eh:
So tacky... getting picked off? They are not bugs man, these are people you are talking about. Show some consideration..

Hope he gets well. Thank he was at least wearing a helmet.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:51 AM   #8
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
So tacky... getting picked off? They are not bugs man, these are people you are talking about. Show some consideration..

new girl sit down please........don't rock the boat when you get in.

yeah getting picked off is what i said.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:51 AM   #9
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez

true they are people but yet these people continue to use bad judgement.

I hope he makes it through,

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #10
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Man...that sucks!
Old 05-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #11
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

What color is this guys mohawk? I was riding with a guy last night that had one, I'm not sure if his name was Mario but he has a black mohawk I believe.
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #12
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

Hate to ask...but this wasn't Korn13, was it?

Hope he gets well soon regardless of who he is.
Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
Some will never learn....:eh:
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #14
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

sorry to hear about this - sounds like his injuries will cause him to remember that night for the rest of his life.

Ride sensible so you can ride tomorrow.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
apalonia6
s

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600

Send a message via Yahoo to apalonia6
Sorry to hear about another rider going down.... We lost a great rider last wednesday night and now another.. Please everyone ride safe and use good judgement....
apalonia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #16
quEEn B
FEROSH!!!

OMG how terrible, but THANK he's alive
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #17
Cody_Rules
this.

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
at least he's ok, really messed up that nobody that passed came back, i would have stopped in a heartbeat
Cody_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #18
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Ouchie!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #19
Racer X 05

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

This makes me sick to my stomach to hear this! This why I quit going on these high speed night rides around 610. Your riding in a big group and if someone makes a wrong move and takes 3,4 or riders down with him then what? the rest of you were blessed not to be taken out. What if the next person doesen't hit the rail but high sides, and one of you hit him? For those who didn't stop. hope it never happens to you and somone passes you by!! I'm trying to preach but look I and a whole lot of other just laid Eric to rest I'm not trying to go to anymore wakes or memorial rides!! know who your riding with if not stay close to the one you do know or give yourself enough room to react in case something happens! If you set up a ride to go see him I'll go. Again sorry to hear of this but I'm glad it didn't take his life..
Old 05-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #20
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
I am sorry to hear about his accident and he hope that all is well with him but you people need to ride with your head and not your wrist.

Advertisement