MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #161
staysa01

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Hope I didn't leave anyone out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Can you give an example with your bike as to what you are looking for? I'd like to know how a 1996 Triumph Speed Triple performs in each test with video backup proving the results.
I'm not looking for data for myself. I've done enough riding and studying to know which size bike I want, and what to expect, but I couldn't quantify it concisely and definitively to someone who HASN'T got said experience/studying done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6racer View Post
you seem like you have a lot of riding experience, a lot of these motohoustoners dont know much about bikes. youre going to have to set up this testing on your own im afraid. i understand your frustration bro
If you're being serious: yeah, kinda what I've noticed. If you are trolling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
The general forum consensus seems to be rather contradictory to the above statement, and it actually seems to most casual observers, that it is indeed your posts that are rather depressing. I used absolutely no science in drawing that conclusion, but rather, a keen insight and first hand knowledge based on several years volunteer time with special needs adults. Shall I throw in a little science to prove my point, such as possibly...a poll?
General consensus doesn't count for , lol. An objective look at the US political sphere will tell you all you need to know about general consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cain View Post
I see what is going on here, and op might be book smart, but lacks real world experience. I am dealing with someone like this at work, a new hire that has no experience, but wants answers to questions outside the scope of experience that would likely be gained over time. Op, your questions are not uncommon, though juvenile, they have been asked before. If you are trying to create a formula for those new to the forum, it will never work, and people basing thier future purchases off said formula could prove to be fatal if the end goal is "which is faster", a mindset not uncommon amongst new riders.
I have experience with the bikes in question, but I couldn't quantify it to someone who doesn't. That is the root cause of looking for this information. Which questions are juvenile, etc?
staysa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/4 mile times for ur bike? Fastola Taking it to the Track 46 04-28-2012 12:21 PM
How many times have you dropped your bike? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 11-11-2010 08:42 AM
How Much Braking Do you Need On A Drag Bike ??? lanzer913 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 08-12-2009 04:55 PM
'DEFINITION OF ACCELERATION' Grinchy Off Topic 14 03-29-2009 08:27 PM
acceleration! RACER X Off Topic 6 12-22-2008 11:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #162
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysa01 View Post
I'm not looking for data for myself. I've done enough riding and studying to know which size bike I want, and what to expect, but I couldn't quantify it concisely and definitively to someone who HASN'T got said experience/studying done.
Ah, good one

Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #163
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Ah, good one

Sick implied burn, bro.

Maybe one day you'll come up with an argument that isn't a snide straw man comment.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #164
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

nah bro, come out to the meet tomorrow

Cypress Area Riders Meet Thursday 8/28/2014
Tomorrow at 6:30pm
Goode Company BBQ - 290 in Houston, Texas

Goode Company BBQ - 290
20102 Northwest Fwy, Houston, Texas 77065
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #165
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Who said it was for you? So the experiments we perform need to be for our own benefit? I thought you were the one asking for help here?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #166
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
If you understood the data at hand as well as you state, you'd have no problem explaining said data in layman's terms to anyone that was willing to listen. If you can't quantify it "concisely and definitively" to someone that is willing to listen to your rambling nonsense, you don't truly understand the material at hand. You genuinely seem intelligent on the surface, based on some of the posts that I've read, but you seem incredibly stubborn and argumentative at the same time. I hope you find the missing data you're looking for, but i can almost guarantee you. . .you aren't going to find it in this thread or in this forum using the thought processes you've continually applied up until now. At some point you're going to have to face the notion that the collective knowledge of the experienced members of this forum likely far exceeds your own. Until then, you're on your own.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #167
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Subscribed. Should be good for entertainment.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #168
Reduxalicious
OR IS IT?!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200R
2016 BMW R1200R

..Not that my bike is one you're looking at, but my Brake's are (at least according to my buddy) As good as the ones on his Tuono, granted they're both Brembo so..

Speed isn't my bikes big..THING so, won't even get into that, at least not compared to anything water-cooled.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #169
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Who said it was for you? So the experiments we perform need to be for our own benefit? I thought you were the one asking for help here?
I totally misread what you said, my bad. Thought you asked what I was looking for in a bike.

Here's an ok example. His gauges are hard to read at best and isn't revving before he starts, but shows how simple of a setup you can use.

Quote:
If you understood the data at hand as well as you state, you'd have no problem explaining said data in layman's terms to anyone that was willing to listen. If you can't quantify it "concisely and definitively" to someone that is willing to listen to your rambling nonsense, you don't truly understand the material at hand. You genuinely seem intelligent on the surface, based on some of the posts that I've read, but you seem incredibly stubborn and argumentative at the same time. I hope you find the missing data you're looking for, but i can almost guarantee you. . .you aren't going to find it in this thread or in this forum using the thought processes you've continually applied up until now. At some point you're going to have to face the notion that the collective knowledge of the experienced members of this forum likely far exceeds your own. Until then, you're on your own.
The general consensus is a confused mess. Type "1000 vs 600" and you'll find 'experienced riders' telling you anything from a 1000 will pull your arms off if you give the throttle the slightest twist, while others will say it isn't much different than riding a 250. Something that is continually missing from the discussion is basic numbers.

I am stubborn and argumentative, yes. Also, it is possible to have personal understanding of something without having a good way to express it.

The data was already posted here.

Last edited by staysa01; 08-27-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #170
Falcon
Getcha Pull

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6 (Track)
KTM 450 sx-f (street)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
A lot of us have ridden without electric aids and done just fine. In fact electric aids in performance machines tend to be less desireable because they can mask what the bike is trying to tell the rider. Same goes for most cars. Electric aids kill feedback.
+1

Finally someone who feels the same way hahaha

I believe Mr. Spies would agree as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:54 PM   #171
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Not too call anyone out, but I got to page 6 of 9 and realized what a bunch of we have on this forum lately.

If you are nervous / scared / too goody goody / license risking averse / whatever to run a supersport on a public highway from 0 - 60 , 60 - 120 , or 120 to zero, get the eff out of this thread and leave the OP alone. Go vote for Obama and no term limits, put a gov't webcam in your bedroom, require tolltags to track your every vehicular movement, and while you're at call the Isle of Mann and Pikes Peak to tell them someone might die next year so they better stop.

Otherwise, do it in a safe way, with sane noise pollution, with a buddy, and a cell phone, full gear, in good conditions, on well maintained bikes. I recommend SDRC. Post up a vid. i wanna see how much faster a S1000rr is than a R6 in the real world.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #172
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

To staysa01, come over to the BRAWP-Shop with your Triumph. We can get a go-pro and pull on the local unused country road, and run my CRF230, then WRX250, then Ninja 250, then race 250, then CBR500, then R6, then other R6, then supersport spec race fuel R6, then stock GSXR6, then race GSXR600, then street CBR1000, then race CBR1000, then the Vmax, then 1198, and we'll get crazy Kris to bring his 2013 MV F4 and pikes peak Brutale 800 and post up what we find. It might be fun and insightful.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #173
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

The OP wants to be able to tell someone else how much faster one bike vs another if I understand him correctly. My issues with the whole premise of his question are:

A: Said data has been collected on bikes at race tracks ridden by semi professional riders in standard repeatable manner. Google it and do the math.
B: Everyone's sense of speed is different so its not possible to communicate how much faster one is over the other, the stop watch will only tell you the deltas in elapsed time, not how fast it felt to the rider.
C: Different bikes can cover the same distance in the exact same time and because of ergos, engine configuration, firing order, exhaust tone and volume, vibration and wheelbase combinations, deliver very different sensations of speed.

How much faster is a 1000 than a 600? The correct answer is "it depends".
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #174
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
To staysa01, come over to the BRAWP-Shop with your Triumph. We can get a go-pro and pull on the local unused country road, and run my CRF230, then WRX250, then Ninja 250, then race 250, then CBR500, then R6, then other R6, then supersport spec race fuel R6, then stock GSXR6, then race GSXR600, then street CBR1000, then race CBR1000, then the Vmax, then 1198, and we'll get crazy Kris to bring his 2013 MV F4 and pikes peak Brutale 800 and post up what we find. It might be fun and insightful.
Sure. A chin mounted go pro would probably work for most bikes to read the dials, or if you've got some fancy data logging equipment, mucho bueno!

I've got a sony action came mounted on my helmet, which takes awesome shots of the scenery, but you can't see the dials unless you look down at your belly button :(
Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #175
TheMoatz

Bike(s):
Aprilia RSV4
Aprilia RSV1000 (sold)
Ducati 1098r (sold)
Kawasaki zx6r (wrecked)
Suzuki GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Not too call anyone out, but I got to page 6 of 9 and realized what a bunch of we have on this forum lately.

If you are nervous / scared / too goody goody / license risking averse / whatever to run a supersport on a public highway from 0 - 60 , 60 - 120 , or 120 to zero, get the eff out of this thread and leave the OP alone. Go vote for Obama and no term limits, put a gov't webcam in your bedroom, require tolltags to track your every vehicular movement, and while you're at call the Isle of Mann and Pikes Peak to tell them someone might die next year so they better stop.
This, a million times THIS!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #176
FastLife1K
Howdy

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
This thread is funny.

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #177
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Oh ma gawd.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #178
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Sick implied burn, bro.

Maybe one day you'll come up with an argument that isn't a snide straw man comment.

As a reply to one of your posts? Doubtful
Old 08-28-2014, 06:42 AM   #179
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
If you understood the data at hand as well as you state, you'd have no problem explaining said data in layman's terms to anyone that was willing to listen.
That's the problem, no one's willing to listen
Old 08-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #180
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Also, it is possible to have personal understanding of something without having a good way to express it.
I find that hard to believe. You're owning the internet like a Bauce

Advertisement