MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #101
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysa01 View Post
No. I've decided against motorcycles and electronics forever. I shall pursue my passion: a mixture of being black, and having ridiculously large rims. I'm unsure which is more important, so I'm aiming for both.
Ah yes, should go nicely with flip-flops
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/4 mile times for ur bike? Fastola Taking it to the Track 46 04-28-2012 12:21 PM
How many times have you dropped your bike? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 11-11-2010 08:42 AM
How Much Braking Do you Need On A Drag Bike ??? lanzer913 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 08-12-2009 04:55 PM
'DEFINITION OF ACCELERATION' Grinchy Off Topic 14 03-29-2009 08:27 PM
acceleration! RACER X Off Topic 6 12-22-2008 11:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #102
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
We're effing doomed if scientists these days use data points like "They both can accelerate to 75mph really f'in fast."

How about "the difference is below experimental tolerances." I didn't want to use big scientist words because you don't seem to grasp the concepts.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #103
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
How about "the difference is below experimental tolerances." I didn't want to use big scientist words because you don't seem to grasp the concepts.
Don't argue with him. . .IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!! Never argue with an idiot, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! Based on the OP's ramblings on this forum, I have drawn the conclusion that, at some point in her life, his mother crossed paths with the once great GIXXERBILL and the OP is the result of that chance interaction. If the OP ever shows videos of himself riding wheelies on a goldwing or doing christ airs with the cruise control set at 70MPH we'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt who his daddy is.

Last edited by jetcycles; 08-27-2014 at 11:25 AM.
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #104
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Gb had a better grasp on reality
Old 08-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #105
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Gb had a better grasp on reality
genetically speaking. . .he would only be 50% GB. My theory remains plausible!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #106
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
We're effing doomed if scientists these days use data points like "They both can accelerate to 75mph really f'in fast."
I gave you r6 data and two liter bikes data. What have you done with it? Did you watch the videos even?
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #107
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

No. He wants concrete date that doesnt mean a thing in his hands
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #108
staysa01

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
I gave you r6 data and two liter bikes data. What have you done with it? Did you watch the videos even?
Yes. Mr.P on the previous page went and did all the work though.
staysa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #109
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
How would you know this without even gathering the data, much less looking at it, and furthermore not even understanding what the data's intended use is?

Look out, your hubris is showing.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #110
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
How would you know this without even gathering the data, much less looking at it, and furthermore not even understanding what the data's intended use is?

Look out, your hubris is showing.
If I don't understand its intended use, its because you failed to convey it. And that begs the questuon: why? The internet isn't some magical place where other people altruistically do your work for you.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 08-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #111
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
If I don't understand its intended use, its because you failed to convey it.
I stated in easy to read terms what the purpose of the data was. I've showed this thread to some people for lulz and they understood what I was after without any further explanation needed... but I'm sure you're super smart and it is someone else's fault if you don't understand something.

Quote:
And that begs the questuon: why? The internet isn't some magical place where other people altruistically do your work for you.
The internet kinda is like that, though, and it is reciprocal. Most of the questions answered are answered just because people wanted to help, and if people DON'T want to help, they don't answer. I help people when I can, and when I can't seem to figure something out, I ask for help. Help is appreciated, but not really expected.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #112
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
I stated in easy to read terms what the purpose of the data was. I've showed this thread to some people for lulz and they understood what I was after without any further explanation needed... but I'm sure you're super smart and it is someone else's fault if you don't understand something.

The internet kinda is like that, though, and it is reciprocal. Most of the questions answered are answered just because people wanted to help, and if people DON'T want to help, they don't answer. I help people when I can, and when I can't seem to figure something out, I ask for help. Help is appreciated, but not really expected.
Then I do understand its use, but you don't. You want data "for highway use" about bikes ability to do things that are expressly forbidden on highways. So you want race data, but dont want race data from race bikes. That youre somehow going to use to compare to determine which bike is the best not to race. I can go around this ridiculous loop again if you'd like.

CMRA #302
Old 08-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #113
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
Then I do understand its use, but you don't. You want data "for highway use" about bikes ability to do things that are expressly forbidden on highways. So you want race data, but dont want race data from race bikes. That youre somehow going to use to compare to determine which bike is the best not to race. I can go around this ridiculous loop again if you'd like.
If race data is anything beyond the speed limit, then yes, but that isn't what race data actually is.

Also, if you've ever driven on a Houston road, with your head not in your , mind you, you would know how few Houstonians give a about what is "expressly forbidden on highways."
Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #114
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
If race data is anything beyond the speed limit, then yes, but that isn't what race data actually is.

Also, if you've ever driven on a Houston road, with your head not in your , mind you, you would know how few Houstonians give a about what is "expressly forbidden on highways."

So you're, then, asking us to break the law for you and give you data? I'm not altruistic, obviously, and I sure ain't risking my wallet/time/jail for your raceymcnotracebutkindarace data collection.

CMRA #302
Old 08-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #115
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
So you're, then, asking us to break the law for you and give you data? I'm not altruistic, obviously, and I sure ain't risking my wallet/time/jail for your raceymcnotracebutkindarace data collection.
I'm collecting data that would be little use to someone who is concerned with traffic laws, outside of racing in one way or another, or the Autobahn, I guess.

It's perfectly fine if you don't want to have anything to do with this. You, and everyone else, are under no obligation to collect or share any data whatsoever. I don't understand why people seem to think I think otherwise.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #116
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:

You see acceleration tests up to 120mph and back down to 0 on public roads often?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #117
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
I'm collecting data that would be little use to someone who is concerned with traffic laws, outside of racing in one way or another, or the Autobahn, I guess.

So once again, you want data "for highway use" concerning things that you shouldn't be doing on a highway, ESPECIALLY in light of your contention concerning "how few Houstonians give a about what is 'expressly forbidden on highways?'"

CMRA #302
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #118
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
You see acceleration tests up to 120mph and back down to 0 on public roads often?
Nope.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #119
staysa01

Bike(s):

Quote:
So once again, you want data "for highway use" concerning things that you shouldn't be doing on a highway, ESPECIALLY in light of your contention concerning "how few Houstonians give a about what is 'expressly forbidden on highways?'"
What people should or shouldn't do is irrelevant to this, as the fact of the matter is, people do it. I have no contention with people breaking stupid, outdated laws, and even if I did, why would that matter?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #120
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Yes. Mr.P on the previous page went and did all the work though.
I missed the part where mr. P analyzed a Kawasaki and aprilia from my videos? Could you quote that for me?

We all know what data you and think it's stupid and already available since Mr. P used already available data to say how faster it is. So while you thought it was a super cool idea, your data collection method is flawed and it wasn't original research or anything worth going to jail over.

Advertisement