MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #41
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

too many variables and too hard to test. There is a reason you cant find this data. There are standards and there is a reason for that. Standards can be tested and be repeated.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/4 mile times for ur bike? Fastola Taking it to the Track 46 04-28-2012 12:21 PM
How many times have you dropped your bike? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 11-11-2010 08:42 AM
How Much Braking Do you Need On A Drag Bike ??? lanzer913 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 08-12-2009 04:55 PM
'DEFINITION OF ACCELERATION' Grinchy Off Topic 14 03-29-2009 08:27 PM
acceleration! RACER X Off Topic 6 12-22-2008 11:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #42
KTMRC8
MTLDRUMMER

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
KTM RC8R

I did some testing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	80760  
KTMRC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #43
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysa01 View Post
I got tired of the multitudes of opinions on different bikes, so I'm trying to put together some times for a bike comparison. Just how much faster/slower are all these different bikes, hmm?

I started with gathering data on s1000rr vs 636, but any 600/1000 supersport data would be handy, so if you've got the data, please share. While a lot of this data is already out there, the problem is when people don't include what performance upgrades they've done, road conditions, etc, making the resulting data look very weird.

0-60 and quarter mile times are pretty easy to get, so I don't need those. You can share if you like though.

The times (and distance traveled, if possible) I'd like to get:

0-100mph
60-120mph
0-100-0mph
120-60mph
standing mile (not quarter mile)

So if you've got any of that for your bike, please share, and include any performance mods you did. I'd really like to get all this data on stock bikes, but not too sure how possible that is.

If there are any metrics you think I should add, let me know.

So basically you want a controlled experiment in which the riders ride multiple bikes over the same course at 10/10 of both rider and capabilities with some sort of effective timing and distance measurement. What a Great, original and novel idea! I think I'll hire a few semi professional riders capable of repeating their performance regardless of bikes and set up, who can also write their thoughts on the experiment down. We can even run all the bikes on the same dyno and keep records every year. We can sell the results to interested parties on a subscription basis, and I can sell advertising to OEM's and aftermarket companies who want to reach those interested parties to help pay for the test and rider salaries, expenses and insurance. We can call them "Shootouts" or no, no, I've got it, we'll call it the "Master Bike Competition". We'll make Hundreds of $$$ Boohoohooohahahaha!!!!

What???? What's that you say???? itís already been done???

If you want the on various you don't ask random guys to send you their best big fish stories. In my day all you had to do was but now you can just to get all the information you need. Now go Google your answers to your questions and leave a prestigious forum like this and the great minds in it to ponder and answer much more important things like... can you guys settle once and for all, what's the best brand of oil?
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #44
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I'll give that response a 8.8 on a scale of 11 (Spinal Tap scale applied here).
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #45
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

OP,

Nice flip flops you have in your avatar, That's how I ride too bro. Dont let em hate
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #46
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

I'm hungry....
Old 08-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #47
ATCNastyNate

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha R6 Raven
2013 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
So basically you want a controlled experiment in which the riders ride multiple bikes over the same course at 10/10 of both rider and capabilities with some sort of effective timing and distance measurement. What a Great, original and novel idea! I think I'll hire a few semi professional riders capable of repeating their performance regardless of bikes and set up, who can also write their thoughts on the experiment down. We can even run all the bikes on the same dyno and keep records every year. We can sell the results to interested parties on a subscription basis, and I can sell advertising to OEM's and aftermarket companies who want to reach those interested parties to help pay for the test and rider salaries, expenses and insurance. We can call them "Shootouts" or no, no, I've got it, we'll call it the "Master Bike Competition". We'll make Hundreds of $$$ Boohoohooohahahaha!!!!

If you want the on various you don't ask random guys to send you their best big fish stories. In my day all you had to do was but now you can just to get all the information you need. Now go Google your answers to your questions and leave a prestigious forum like this and the great minds in it to ponder and answer much more important things like... can you guys settle once and for all, what's the best brand of oil?
Great response Classax!
ATCNastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #48
848Brando

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)

when it rains later ill go do some testing !!!!
848Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #49
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I see our resident rocket scientist is back in the propulsion lab again...and he's cooking up some SUPAPOWER!!!

I've maintained clearer thought patterns while consuming heavy doses of LSD. Actually, this thread makes me feel like I took LSD...
Old 08-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #50
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
I see our resident rocket scientist is back in the propulsion lab again...and he's cooking up some SUPAPOWER!!!

I've maintained clearer thought patterns while consuming heavy doses of LSD. Actually, this thread makes me feel like I took LSD...
My Dr. put me on the Low Sodium Diet too. high blood pressure.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #51
silent11

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600rr - SOLD

Quote:

silent11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #52
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

That's all fine and good, but the OP is looking for stats in flip-flops, smarty pants
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #53
maxgs

Member Garage

And a stop watch.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #54
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
That's all fine and good, but the OP is looking for stats in flip-flops, smarty pants
I really hope youre not trying to make fun of his flip flops. If so, I'll see you at the next ridee with craigrr and we're gunns have some problems
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #55
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I'll concur that the OP's way of requesting hard data is a bit over the top and will provide results as widely varying in accuracy as the proverbial 225 MPH on my cousin's Busa homeless guy at the gas station.

It's not that hard to look at HP and torque and tell, theoretically, how bikes should behave.

On track performance, in terms of lap times, irrelevent.

But if the real comparison is R6 vs GSXR600, look to the dyno, cause weight and aero drag, and gearing are all essentially equal. In terms of ft lbs of lever torque to the rear wheel, which is what creates accelleration, the bikes are essentially tied from the factory. 108 - 110 HP is kinda a reasonable range for a great running stocker. Add a pipe and commander, tune it, get 3-4 HP. Full race it, like Tony's R6 on race gas, get 126HP. But, a 10% decrease in gearing is good for a 10% increase in HP (give or take factoring out rotational acceleration of mass in the motor and chain). So drop 2 out of 20 teeth on the front sprocket, accelerate 10% harder in each gear, hit redline 10% earlier in MPH in each gear.

Want a fast 600, get a Kawi 636 with 116 HP, give or take, from the factory. Trick it out, but keep it on pump gas, maybe 125HP and 100,000 mile reliability. With stock gearing it will keep up with a -1 + 2 geared R6 or GSXR600 with pipe, comander, mods, etc...

Want to go really fast on a 600 in straight line....get a 1000. "At the track" on my CBR1000 or 1198 I can gas it on a straight and effortlessly walk away from a 600, any 600. Of course, if they carry more corner speed, I have catch up to them, but it isn't usually a problem to be chilling, get buzzed by a 600, and catch em by the end of a straight.

Raw test numbers don't really matter when you have 50 vs 75 ft lb of torque, or 190 vs 125 HP. Sure, in a drag race the 600 will do almost as good. But in 3rd gear, exiting a nice forest bend, crack the 600 open at 8000 rpm and be prepared to be...,,,,bored. Hit the 1000 in 3rd at 6000 rpm and hold the on and you fight off a power wheelie.

Forget the numbers on paper. Look at rear wheel torque (not engine ft lbs of torque), once you understand what that is, across a broad spectrum of gearing and rpm's, and you'll see just how much room under the graph there is on a 1000 vs a 600. It's HUGE. Gear your 1000 to top out at the same top speed as a 600 (160 mph?) and the difference will b that the 600 is lively, and the 1000 is unrideable.

Then get on something like a MV Agusta 1000 with stock gearing to go 190 and holy batman scare the out of yourself by unintentionally lifting the front wheel at 120 in 4th gear.

Your numbers approach ignores the passion, the heart, the feel, and the suddenness you feel the differences bike to bike.

Let the bike mags, unbiased, test these numbers under controlled conditions. Let them adjust to sea level, 77 degrees, 40% relative humidity, on consistent quality fuel, with professional timing equipment. The numbers don't lie.

They will say the same thing....modern 1000's are fast as . 600's are fast, for just being 600's.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #56
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

And wearing no gear makes them that much more visceral.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #57
staysa01

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Wow. So this is why I was warned not to post in Motohouston. You people are either illiterate, retarded, or both. Literally every criticism was answered, and a simple but full explanation for the purpose behind this was given, but you're still going off on retarded tangents.

Peace, and may you one day return to your childhood school, where you were supposed to be taught how to read.

To the very few who posted something at least remotely useful, thanks.
staysa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #58
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Wow. So this is why I was warned not to post in Motohouston. You people are either illiterate, retarded, or both. Literally every criticism was answered, and a simple but full explanation for the purpose behind this was given, but you're still going off on retarded tangents.

Peace, and may you one day return to your childhood school, where you were supposed to be taught how to read.

Need a hug?
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #59
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:

I was never answered if you wanted us to actually go 120 mph on public roads and stare at a stop watch while doing it?
ArkansasDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #60
staysa01

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
I was never answered if you wanted us to actually go 120 mph on public roads and stare at a stop watch while doing it?
You could stick a gopro on your tank so mph/rpm is visible, then do a few runs anywhere with regular conditions/tires, if you wanted to help, for example.
staysa01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement