Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)

It's my opinion that no matter what you do, they are still going to treat the MC community as a whole exactly the same. There are probably very few officers who will hear about this and even less that will remember it before harassing a motorcyclist.

It's akin to sticking a "100 club" sticker on your car, thinking it's going to get you out of a speeding ticket or a DUI.

With that being said, I was kind of joking about the FTP comment. I definitely do respect the officers out there who are actually trying to make a difference. If I thought it would make a difference for the MC community, I would honestly try to make the ride.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #22
I see dead people...
Feedback Rating: (1)

I don't care for the idea. The police have the tools to do what they need to do. If you want to do it for charity or some worthy cause that's a different story.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #23
2Wheel Junkie

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

2014 Duke 690

How about a poker run for Motorcycle safety.

Support this by using 90% of proceeds to purchase gear for the winners. The other 10% can go to food and drinks for everyone after the ride.

Ex. new helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, frame sliders, BLINKERS, a riders course (good ), knee pads for all the passengers, helmet visors, boots...

P.S. - Just thought of this. Back up break light modulators, HIDs, leds for body illumination... good SAFETY stuff

you know, useful stuff

Telling the police to use this money to "Campaign Motorcycle Safety" is just moronic. Make your own safety campaign and do it the right way.

Last edited by ProvorseD; 08-29-2014 at 11:11 AM.
ProvorseD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #24
Kilted Basterd
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I'm sure this is just because of who I see doing other "poker runs", but the name alone screams the opposite of safety to me, as it's usually a bunch of guys hopping from bar to bar to get their cards, and drinking at every stop. "Poker Run to Promote Motorcycle Safety" just sounds like an oxymoron to me.
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #25

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 6

Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hyabusa 2014
Suzuki GSXR 600 2013
Suzuki GSXR 600 2008
Polaris Slingshot SL 2015

Originally Posted by SideVinder650 View Post
Babygixx please give us your thoughts on any routes in your area, sugarland and other areas on the edge of the county that have direct access to pastoral routes are perfect for this idea.

Im still going to be riding out to brenham/navasota this upcoming week sometime to get a more formal idea of whats available up north. While they're im going to be scouting business/rest stops and other locations where we can put playing cards.

I wish i had the routes in mind because i would almost be willing to place cards down in advance in lieu of a second trip out there, just in case, to make it easier to get it ready should anything come about given that its not far but not close.
16955 s post oak rd
Houston Texas 77053
Off mccard and south post
Texas food mart (Texaco)

Beltway 8
Texas parkway (under construction)

If I find any good routes I'll let you know
Babygixx600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #26

Experience: 1 year

Ninja 650

Just chiming in on the "safety" thought - I was part of a Poker run with the Cigarette boats and speed monsters out of Kemah. While some people dropped the hammer and burned through a sickening amount of gas through the water (winner went to someone going 161+mph ...with passengers!!), at the end of the day is was about who had the best hand. So... no need for "S's" through traffic at warp speed to get to the next destination... you pick a card from someone at each location, and at the end of the day, you have what you have.

Figuring out the charity shouldn't be to hard, and you only need 5-8 stops for a hand (allowing a few discards).

Rocket science, this is not. :-)
Crazy_Ian is offline   Reply With Quote