MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
40acres

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

For starters, the helmet was never "beta tested" (aside from CNet meeting them in a parking lot). Unless you count going to their headquarters and trying it on as beta testing. The preorders go through an IndieGoGo site and are "donations" and not a purchase per se. What do you think happens when Skully goes belly up in the next 6 months and never even gets these to production? I'm thinking as of right now, there will be 779 (according to their site) off people because they donated money to some schmuck with an idea that wears a suit. Great idea, terrible business plan... There are already competitors doing the same thing. Look at Nuviz and BikeHUD for example. I really hope I'm wrong and I don't wish failure on anyone, but the mere fact that they used everyone that signed up for a beta test to create buzz for their brand is really shady.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rar..........rararararar..........RARRRARARAR..... ....r.ar.ar.ar.r......... Big Country Off Topic 12 06-21-2008 12:49 PM
Motorcycle Helmet Mohawk... Why? AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 01-21-2008 06:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #22
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
Some of these idiots can barely focus on riding. let alone a GPS back up camera and their GF at them for being out riding lol
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #23
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
For starters, the helmet was never "beta tested" (aside from CNet meeting them in a parking lot). Unless you count going to their headquarters and trying it on as beta testing. The preorders go through an IndieGoGo site and are "donations" and not a purchase per se. What do you think happens when Skully goes belly up in the next 6 months and never even gets these to production? I'm thinking as of right now, there will be 779 (according to their site) off people because they donated money to some schmuck with an idea that wears a suit. Great idea, terrible business plan... There are already competitors doing the same thing. Look at Nuviz and BikeHUD for example. I really hope I'm wrong and I don't wish failure on anyone, but the mere fact that they used everyone that signed up for a beta test to create buzz for their brand is really shady.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #24
trooper
Time to ride.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 Heritage Softail Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I'm waiting for a helmet that will feed me delicious chicken fried steak as I ride
Done
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10319330485_b45381f234_o.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	80591  
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #25
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

ha

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #26
Track_Graphics

Experience: 10+ years

GoPro Mounts

OK - I got the helmet, but can anyone tell me where I can get the mounts for my GoPro????

Top or side mounts are ok...........................

AR15 zps4081d750
Old 08-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #27
ProvorseD
2Wheel Junkie

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 Duke 690

From what I see, its a permanent screen attached to the lid. Thats cool and hard to do, sure but I cant focus on something like that without killing my eyes.

Anything within 7 inches of my face is to close for me to focus on. Not so sure a small screen would be a good idea at 3 inches or probably less.
ProvorseD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #28
staysa01

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvorseD View Post
From what I see, its a permanent screen attached to the lid. Thats cool and hard to do, sure but I cant focus on something like that without killing my eyes.

Anything within 7 inches of my face is to close for me to focus on. Not so sure a small screen would be a good idea at 3 inches or probably less.
I could be wrong - I haven't tested it yet - but I do believe that is something the technology should cover. I don't know anyone that can read anything a few inches from their eyeballs, but google glass seems to work just fine for everyone that tries it.
staysa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #29
ProvorseD
2Wheel Junkie

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 Duke 690

Good point. Im really imterested to try it out.
ProvorseD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #30
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

they now have a pay plan now.

Pay $499 now and $949 at shipping
Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #31
Tonsil_Crusha

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 ZX6R

I've been keeping up with this company for a while now. I hope it is successful like some of you, but the price is a bit steep.

Here what I know about the device though.

The screen at the top is only for the rear view camera which is 180 degrees. It is designed so that you can focus on the screen without having to change your focus from the typical distance from viewing the road. So that basically you don't have to focus on road to rear view back to road...it's "suppose" to be seemless.

The HUD however is designed to be more a distant view, another words it should appear to be a few feet out from your, more like a hologram style design, preventing you from have to focus again.

I can't seem to find any data on the helmet itself and how it's made or safety ratings....which concerns me deeply. For something priced that high, I would expect they would boast that type of information as well.

Being in the IT field, the best part about it for me is that the android software is all open source and people we be able to write and develop software for the platform freely. Which IMO could add to the value of the helmet overall. ....but then we go back to safety itself.

Let me know if anyone beta's it or anything. I'm interested.
Tonsil_Crusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #32
Donte
Im The Dreaded One

Bike(s):
GS500F

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
they now have a pay plan now.

Pay $499 now and $949 at shipping
Do you think they will let me do 1000 payments of a dollar a month?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsil_Crusha View Post

Being in the IT field, the best part about it for me is that the android software is all open source and people we be able to write and develop software for the platform freely. Which IMO could add to the value of the helmet overall. ....but then we go back to safety itself.
So what your telling me, is that i will be able to play candy crush while riding, i CANT WAIT.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #33
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

dope helmet...but dam thats too much of a distraction for me

Advertisement