MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #41
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Ahh you do know the the atmosphere is composed mostly of nitrogen right?

Its not the nitrogen that kills you, its the lack of oxygen, which nitrogen displaces that results in asphyxia. Generally in confinded spaces anything with less than 20% oxygen is going to result physiological affects. Below 18% and you'll notice somethings is wrong but no necessarily what. below 15% and you'll only have a few minutes to figure it out. Below 10 you'll be gasping for air but unable to breath and pass out.
Yeah, you got science and math but at least I got your grammar.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unique foods! CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 58 03-25-2013 01:06 PM
Your job and unique perspective specterunseen Off Topic 94 12-12-2012 11:43 AM
unique sv650 on cl loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-30-2012 10:49 AM
Unique bike jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-15-2006 08:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #42
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
I'd still like to know about what this innert gas does for fuel. Anyone know what reactions take place to create more HO?
Google is your friend. ..

Nitrous Oxide, better known as NOS does make your car go faster but it's not that simple. The way it works is as follows, when you heat nitrous oxide to about 570 oF, it splits into oxygen and nitrogen. The injection of nitrous oxide into an engine therefore means more oxygen is available for combustion. Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more gasoline, and that means more energy, power and speed.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #43
Track_Graphics

^^^^^^
they used to do the same thing with World War 2 airplane engines. but they didn't use NOS. The used water.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #44
Track_Graphics

Quote:
You obvioulsy weren't paying attention in Sunday school. Virgins wind up in the other destination.
Though as a married man, for the life of me I can't figure out why you'd want one anyway, who wants to go through all that again: On second thought may you just aren't looking hard enough!
I think that virgins should get some kind of punishment for being a tease. HAHAHA

But I agree with you about that whole virgin thing and that weird religion stuff too. A religion that does mankind absolutely no good, but you go to battle to fight other people over it and if you die you go to heaven so you can have . Huh?. And you only get 72 untrained girls to have with. That sucks. Plus- I'd feel paranoid that the big guy is watching me because I do some kinky man!
So even though I am 54 years old, we are still only talking about 3 weeks worth of mediocre fun. then what? 773H man, I can go to China and get 72 virgins too. Trust me this is one thing I know about. Hehehe I think I'll stick with leter bikes!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #45
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
Awesome pics of an awesome bike. Can I have it ?
Yes but I want something in return.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #46
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
If your dead tell me what the inside of Miranda Kerrs looks like.
Boy have I got some bad news for you. She started out as Marty Kerrs and then later in life had a little procedure. It's all fake man, it's all fake!

Sorry for so many posts that I could have combined into one, but I'm doing this from my notepad and this thing is kind of sucky.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #47
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Google is your friend. ..

Nitrous Oxide, better known as NOS does make your car go faster but it's not that simple. The way it works is as follows, when you heat nitrous oxide to about 570 oF, it splits into oxygen and nitrogen. The injection of nitrous oxide into an engine therefore means more oxygen is available for combustion. Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more gasoline, and that means more energy, power and speed.
Ok, I'm glad someone addressed the nitrous oxide thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
I'd still like to know about what this innert gas does for fuel. Anyone know what reactions take place to create more HO?
N2 (nitrogen found in air) is inert, or does not react easily. There are lots of compounds that include nitrogen, and simply having an oxygen atom in the compound will make it an "oxide", which means it is no longer your inert nitrogen.

I'm not sure what you were getting at with "HO". O2 is what you want more of, as this is primarily the form of atmospheric oxygen that allows your fuel to burn. HO is hydroxyl radical, basically water that's lacking an oxygen atom. This is highly reactive and doesn't exist long in a normal environment before combining with something else.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #48
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Ok, I'm glad someone addressed the nitrous oxide thing.

N2 (nitrogen found in air) is inert, or does not react easily. There are lots of compounds that include nitrogen, and simply having an oxygen atom in the compound will make it an "oxide", which means it is no longer your inert nitrogen.

I'm not sure what you were getting at with "HO". O2 is what you want more of, as this is primarily the form of atmospheric oxygen that allows your fuel to burn. HO is hydroxyl radical, basically water that's lacking an oxygen atom. This is highly reactive and doesn't exist long in a normal environment before combining with something else.
Hydroxyl is similar to water but is missing a HYDROGEN atom.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #49
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Hydroxyl is similar to water but is missing a HYDROGEN atom.
yep. I mis-typed. I guess if water was missing an oxygen atom it would just be H2, though it is also pretty highly reactive...
Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #50
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
yep. I mis-typed. I guess if water was missing an oxygen atom it would just be H2, though it is also pretty highly reactive...
No worries, the one that really ticks me off though is that the EPA lables CO2(carbon dioxide) a dangerous green house gas, when infact its the CO(carbon monoxide) created by combustion that is the real killer. When ever I hear some tree hugger( not that trees are bad, they convert CO2 an CO into O2) go on and on about how eco unfriendly my 185hp superbike is, I politely ask them to do us all a favor and stop breathing.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #51
Track_Graphics

Quote:

Bad and misleading typo - - - I really ment "HP". Horse Power.

Advertisement