MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 AM   #41
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Ah, makes me want to race track all the more haha

Nice write up, a lot of things I wanted to say, but you said them better.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When you made your street bike "TRACK ONLY" why did u buy track/race body work? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 51 10-17-2008 01:19 PM
SV650 question: part out, stock, or track atizzle Taking it to the Track 37 08-16-2007 06:24 PM
David Blaine Street Magic - Part 2 ArturoC Off Topic 8 04-19-2007 09:39 PM
12/10/2006 Track 21 Video Part 1 JonEric0430 General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 12-12-2006 01:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2008, 12:37 AM   #42
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

bump for a good thread
Old 01-27-2008, 01:22 AM   #43
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Good find, omegaR6. This is one of the best threads I ever read on this board. Why is it not a sticky?

In fact, i can't believe I'm the first to rate it.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #44
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

+1 rob it should be a sticky
Old 01-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #45
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaR6 View Post
+1 rob it should be a sticky
It was a sticky when it was created, it was also a repost of something someone else started before it.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #46
MANSON6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

Great write up Buck, i myself have crashed on the street twice, The first time was my own stupidity and got airlifed to the hospital, numerous broken bones several pins and screws later in my body. i crashed once at TWS (Texas World Speedway) in turn 11 I lowsided trying to beat my time. But in every instance where I have crashed I was wearing full leathers and a good helmet. And like you said you cant control the numerous things on the street that are around you, So that my friend is why I totally stopped riding on the street after my third wreck. My bike is strickly a track bike now and have never regreted making the decision to track it out only. I have a beautiful wife and 2 little girls that depend on me and for them that's why I made the decision to ride only on the track. Yes the danger is still there but you are in a way more controled enviroment then on the street. And for some reason i feel safer out there then on the street, I try and bring my track skills to the road but it just got me in trouble and bad things happen And I am worrying more about what's going on around me then where I am wanting the bike to go.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #47
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Nice write up Buck. I have a few people I've been encouraging to come out to the track. I'll show this to them also.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #48
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Buck - Somehow I missed this great thread until today.

Thanks omegaR6 for bringing it back to life. Yes - I did the infamous (at the time) T7 wipeout @ MSRH - 2/25/07 to be exact.

Trip to Angleton Medical Center - X-Rays to my left hand negative. Interesting note: while we were there a nurse in the ER told us they had another motorcycle wreck patient in there - couple of rooms away. She asked me how fast I was going - I told her I thought about 130mph. She couldn't believe I had NO road rash, and no apparent serious injuries. She told us the 17 year old wiped out in his neighborhood @ fairly low speed 30 - 40. He had no life threatening injuries, but had head injuries and rash from head to toe. Note: I am more than 3x his age - he was admitted 1st, and was still being treated when I was discharged.

I was fortunate, missed one day of work because I was sore (and I'm sort of the boss). Like gixxerbill said "had that been on the street - not good".

Thanks to Vanson Leathers / Arai Helmets / Sidi Race Boots / Lee Parks Gloves (good road rash protection, but next to NO impact protection - am now wearing HELD gloves) track runoff and maintenance @ MSRH and everyone who helped me at the track - long list of folks.

I don't think Buck is suggesting not to ride on the street - just take it easy - if you want to ride hard - it's an absolute NO Brainer - save the hard/fast/adrenalin rush riding for the track, and Always Wear Gear.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #49
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
WOW I was shocked to see this thread re appear after so long. I was at one time a stciky and should be left there for eternity IMHO. If it keeps one guy out of the hospital then mission accomplished.
The end of the story is that if you do chose to ride on the street, be EXTRA careful. Wring it out on the track, reign it in on the street. Be safe everyone and hope to see you all out at MSRH this year.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #50
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
WOW I was shocked to see this thread re appear after so long. I was at one time a stciky and should be left there for eternity IMHO. If it keeps one guy out of the hospital then mission accomplished.
The end of the story is that if you do chose to ride on the street, be EXTRA careful. Wring it out on the track, reign it in on the street. Be safe everyone and hope to see you all out at MSRH this year.
Thanks for taking all the time to write it, and share it with us. You're right, it should have been left a sticky. I never would have seen this had it not been for omegaR6, not to mention any other newer member of MH who could really use this type of advise, even if they don't ride track at all.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote