Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Growing old Disgracefully
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Ducati Multistrada 2013 Pikes Peak

Dainese Jackets for Big Guys

Folks, I really like the looks and safety features of the Dainese Jackets, would like both a summer jacket (textile etc) and a winter Jacket (Leather). Cost is not really and issue I know you have to pay for quality. But the real problem I am having is that I am trying to get a Italian jacket, for an Australian body (with closer to US size).

I have spoken to a few Dainese distributors, locally here in Houston Cylce Gear have some Jackets, the largest they had there was Size 60 Euro. Well I could not even get my arm down the sleeve. The largest size I can find on their website is Size 64 Euro, but most of their jackets they do not make up to that size. They told me on the phone even size 64 might be too small on my shoulders and chest. (I am 6'5", 280lbs and 54 inch chest, 39 inch waist).

So, just interested from any other Bigger guys out there that might have some experience fitting into a Dainese Jacket. As comparison I have an ICON XXXL, but had to get it altered in the shoulders and arms for more room, and I just tried a Joe Rocket XXXL as I thought is was more US sizing, but it was too small on the shoulders and sleeves too short. Or if my dream of Dainese is not going to come true, any other good Jackets (that dont look like ) for larger persons.
Auseclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big guys on 600's? Hypnotik General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-29-2014 05:46 AM
Big thanks guys Scorpio1177 Motorcycles Unlimited 1 03-15-2012 01:59 PM
Dainese Jackets? 8-ball General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-22-2010 02:36 PM
How do you guys clean you leather jackets??? Fuzzy018 Gear Talk 9 11-17-2007 07:05 PM
DAINESE also getting into "airbag" jackets!! Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-17-2007 03:16 PM
Old 07-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Look up custom made jackets , it'll cost you around the same as a dainese or any other high end brand jacket would cost. And it will be made to your size and dimensions .

Only problem i ever have is finding a jacket small enough lol
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
what R you lookin' at?
Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Good on you for thinking of safety

You'll most likely have to go with a custom suit or jacket

Check out vansons their stuff is as good or better than daInese, just more traditional looking
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #4
Feedback Rating: (30)

Trackdays: 10+

2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

Don't worry about fit with these guys. They make it too fit you! They make our race suits and have superb customer service! Tell them Griff sent you!

Custom fit. You pick the colors. Save $$$$$!
No it aint my birthday but I got my name on tha cake.
GRIFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
If you're anything but a beanpole, Italian off-the-shelf leathers aren't ever going to fit right.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
Growing old Disgracefully

Ducati Multistrada 2013 Pikes Peak

Thanks Griff

Hey, really appreciate that link to Comet Racing, to be honest I had never even heard of them. But looking at the website and some of the videos and they make some really impressive stuff both from a looks and protection and custom sizing perspective.

Whats even more interesting is that they are helping to keep down the numbers of the Kangaroo population in Australia. So a nice Comet Jacket or suit in lightweight Kangaroo leather sounds like a nice touch for an Aussie like me. I can eat the Kangaroo first (as I love the meat) and then Comet can make a nice Jacket out of it.
Auseclipse is offline   Reply With Quote