Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Not to jinx (RIP Extrapolation Thread)

Hey guys,

Not to Jinx whatever's going on this summer but has anyone noticed and possibly believe in a slight correlation of temperatures (heat) of summer and number of motorcyclist deaths?

With all the global warming going on this has to be one of the mildest summers we've had in the past 3-5 years. Has it broke 100 yet? Has it broke 95 yet? I havent really been paying attention but its no where near as hot as 3 years ago (when it didnt rain and summer started from mid Feb. and riding season ended thru Dec.)

Im not sure specifically if thats a correlation or not but i've also not seen as many RIP threads this year, the last two years in particular they TOOK OFF right around May and didnt stop until like late August...

Does it just happen to be a safe and less hot riding summer, or do you happen to think that there is a connection?
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw this RIP thread on FB Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-13-2014 10:59 AM
RIP Thread Commentary Blackjack General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 08-29-2010 04:47 PM
Another RIP thread (James Bryan Purvis) bdmpastx General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 09-14-2007 11:15 PM
Possible RIP thread for Harris County Sherrif bdmpastx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-08-2007 02:12 PM
Old 07-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
Feedback Rating: (3)

'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Maybe fewer people are riding because of all the rain
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #3

Experience: 1 year

'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Spurious correlation at best.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #4

Experience: 10+ years

1991 Honda TransAlp (RIP)
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Member Garage

Not to hijack the threat, but... I remember when carbon emissions was to blame for global cooling in the 80's to early90's. It was said that the carbon emissions in the upper atmosphere was reflecting the suns radiation back out into space and they proposed we were headed into a possible ice age. haha!!!

As a physical scientist I fully understand that people can get funding for ridiculous research and create models that statistically fit their data! If the model doesn't work.. they create a new model that shows what they want. Never mind the whole fiasco if statistical analysis in the first place.

Regardless of the politics of "Global Warming"... I am sure that cooler temps would obviously promote higher motorcycle ride rates, thus causing a statistical increase in the probability of motorcycle accident rates.
I can explain it to you, but I can't undestand it for you.
Frostbite01 is offline   Reply With Quote