MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Neversatisfied02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

07 streetbike stats and shootout results...

Alright guys, i spent the day today at barnes and nobles reading all the magazine articles i could get my hands on. I read countless numbers of shootout results and bike stats. I was mainly focused on the GSXR and the ZX results as those are the 2 that top the charts. Sorry to you CBR and R1 fellas but i have mostly info on the ZX and the GSXR than anything else. Im going to summarize my findings...

600 class bikes: The ZX6R and the cbr600rr were the top 2 bikes in the 600 class with the gsxr surprisingly being in the back of the pack. The ZX6R made more power than all of them with the CBR being very close behind it. In one of the magazines, the cbr was rated best OVERALL bike as it is more rider friendly for street riding than the ZX6R with a more comfortable riding postion. The ZX6R was rated best on the track by multiple magazine shootouts. Basically for straight up power and performance, the win goes to the ZX6R. For excellent power and performance on a more street friendly machine, the win goes to the CBR. It was a back and forth deal they are so close. The CBR make 108 BHP and the ZX6R makes 110 BHP.

1000 class bikes: The Magazines all agreed that the ZX10R by far had the best motor and tranny in the class making the most power in all ranges! They did however say that the stock dunlop qualifiers did no justice to the bike and made it a hard bike to judge on the track due to the tires not being able to handle the bikes full performance. They said the bike should have taken the win in 06 and again in 07 as Kawi has all the major parts of the bike DEAD ON PERFECT but due to the lack of traction, the ZX10R suffered in the results. They actually suggested that the first change MUST be a better set of tires in order to get full potential from the bike. Night and Day difference they claim! They also said the suspension was a little less in tune compared to the GSXR. The CBR and the R1 were in the back of the pack in this class as well. For the CBR, it was simply lack of power compared to all the others even though they listed a couple nice features of the cbr. The GSXR had excellent ratings. The suspension was better than the ZX10 out of the crate and the tires were much better as well so it was easier to ride all out. Largest downfall was the weight and exhaust but it still topped the charts. The GSXR took the win turning the fastest lap times of the litre bikes. The ZX10R was still rated extremely well. Motor/tranny wise, the bike was flawless and best hands down. With a suspension tune and a better set of tires, it could have easily took first place but just couldnt track up good enough to do it on the qualifiers.

1/4 miles runs: The ZX10R was fastest hands down!

My opinion: All the bikes are well made and EXTREMELY FAST. Most riders wont notice the differences that these pro riders do. The differences in track times for all these bikes in comparison are within 2 seconds or so which is barely anything when your talking almost 2 minute total lap times. Bottom line... pick the bike you like. For me, i love the looks of the ZX10R and thats why i bought it. Not to mention, it is light weight compared to its competitors, is said to have the best frame design and the best motor/tranny combo available. Id rather get my suspension tuned and a new set of tires and have an all out beast! If thats the only things they can knock, thats fine with me. I gained alot of repect for the GSXR though after reading the results and the stats. Seems like the battle is mainly between the GSXR and the ZX10R. Honda finally made a beast of a 600 this year which is giving the Kawi some competition finally.

2 top bikes of each class....

1000: GSXR 1000 and the ZX10R

600: CBR 600RR and the ZX6R
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MH MotoGP 07 Xbox Real Lap Championship: Round 9 Results RoadracerNC Off Topic 5 09-29-2009 04:53 PM
MH MotoGP 07 Xbox Real Lap Championship: Round 5 Results RoadracerNC Off Topic 7 08-26-2009 09:13 PM
cycle news 1k shootout....some results..... TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 04-26-2008 01:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

good info, i dont get a chance to read less im on the toilet............................
Old 05-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #3
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

gotta love spec sheets..........they're so real world.........lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
I just got the new Roadracing World magazine in the mail today (I like that magazine more than the others, personally) with a full shootout of the 1000's and the GSXR won the over all award by a little ( ), and the R1 was second. The R1 in fact had the most riders setting their fastest lap times on it.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Lol. Well i went to pick up a mag and ended up reading every mag they had there cause i got wrapped up in the shootout articles and didnt wanna buy all 15 magazines. lol

Every shootout had slightly different results though but from everything i read, the common opinion was what i posted above. Its so hard to tell though with every magazine using different riders on different tracks and in different riding conditions. All of these things can effect the results.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
I just got the new Roadracing World magazine in the mail today (I like that magazine more than the others, personally) with a full shootout of the 1000's and the GSXR won the over all award by a little ( ), and the R1 was second. The R1 in fact had the most riders setting their fastest lap times on it.
That magazine must have different results from the mags i was reading. None of the ones i saw today listed the R1 that high in the ranks but like i said, every mag has different results. Im sure there are alot of other mags out there around the world that i didnt get to see today which im sure has their own results and opinions as well.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
Uhh. Dude , dont you ride a Yami anyways??
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
That magazine must have different results from the mags i was reading. None of the ones i saw today listed the R1 that high in the ranks but like i said, every mag has different results. Im sure there are alot of other mags out there around the world that i didnt get to see today which im sure has their own results and opinions as well.
Your right when yu said different test riders and different tracks and , even different weather on test days will give differnt results every time.

Still I do like the zx10r also.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement