MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #21
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
I got to agree with Sol.

i tend to be rebelious so i dislike people not being to say whatever...but on the real side...we are talking about peoples LIVES. not just theirs, but that of their families and friends.

unfortunatly, there are alot of people who are not only inexperianced, but also immature who are gaining an interest in bikes. the number is growing rapidly. without some sort of guidelines and moderation (<-keyword) this place would turn into something very ugly. over-excited youths ruining lives over stupidity.

...so lets all stop talking nonsense, and talk los into making another babe thread instead!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Public Defender Arrested for Defending the Public pinball The Circus 8 02-05-2015 04:03 PM
US Policy | Why do we do what we do? CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 18 10-09-2009 01:24 PM
Got a policy Shiner Moto Insurance 0 10-10-2008 04:27 PM
policy ChrisGo Moto Insurance 0 09-08-2008 09:12 AM
Obama, the bible and Public Policy FKNA The Circus 62 08-27-2008 12:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #22
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer

I DO NOT CONDONE Excessive speed on a public road.... traffic present or not.

I DO NOT CONDONE stunting on a public road.... traffic present or not.
anyone who knows me knows i really dont hit excessive speeds, and i dont stunt... but i am for equal rights

so from what ive seen in the past week i see every thread about high speed street riding be whored by those who do not agree. and after some discussion being locked by mods.

as far as stunting (yes a lot of it is done in parking lots not but we all know everyone still beats up the streets) i see stunters being able to post whatever they want including pictures and videos. they even have their own section dedicated to this. i dont really see people on this board going in these threads and chewing them a new one, i appreciate this by the way.

i assume that everyone knows stunting, excessive speed, and other reckless activites on a bike are harmfull to the rider and the innocent bystanders. i do not see how we cater to some peoples "dangerous habits" stunting, highspeed rides on some twisties (which we all have recently seen the dangers of) and not allow others at all.

hmm all that was pretty repetitive.
oh and im not saying to block stunting threads. i love to watch them in person and on video.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #23
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
[quote=chasee69]anyone who knows me knows i really dont hit excessive speeds, and i dont stunt... but i am for equal rights

so from what ive seen in the past week i see every thread about high speed street riding be whored by those who do not agree. and after some discussion being locked by mods.

as far as stunting (yes a lot of it is done in parking lots not but we all know everyone still beats up the streets) i see stunters being able to post whatever they want including pictures and videos. they even have their own section dedicated to this. i dont really see people on this board going in these threads and chewing them a new one, i appreciate this by the way.

i assume that everyone knows stunting, excessive speed, and other reckless activites on a bike are harmfull to the rider and the innocent bystanders. i do not see how we cater to some peoples "dangerous habits" stunting, highspeed rides on some twisties (which we all have recently seen the dangers of) and not allow others at all.

Pretty broad statement there junior.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #24
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69
anyone who knows me knows i really dont hit excessive speeds, and i dont stunt... but i am for equal rights

oh and im not saying to block stunting threads. i love to watch them in person and on video.
I would tend to agree with you, and I don't think there is more than 3-4 people who are members of this board that NEVER break the speedlimit so I don't think your statement is too broad either.
I do appreciate the work that goes into this site, there is no question in my mind that the information passed around on here has helped more than a few people decide to become better, more responsible riders.........and people.
We do have to remember that this is a public forum, and can influence people BOTH ways. Chris and the Mods do a pretty good job of policing us, and lets face it, it's a pretty thankless job.........but neccesary.:eh:
My thanks go out to all of them, we have a of a site.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #25
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
I would tend to agree with you, and I don't think there is more than 3-4 people who are members of this board that NEVER break the speedlimit so I don't think your statement is too broad either.
I do appreciate the work that goes into this site, there is no question in my mind that the information passed around on here has helped more than a few people decide to become better, more responsible riders.........and people.
We do have to remember that this is a public forum, and can influence people BOTH ways. Chris and the Mods do a pretty good job of policing us, and lets face it, it's a pretty thankless job.........but neccesary.:eh:
My thanks go out to all of them, we have a of a site.

True, Clyde, but I gotta keep momma happy-she reads the forum from time to time.:BangHead:
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #26
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
True, Clyde, but I gotta keep momma happy-she reads the forum from time to time.:BangHead:
I hear ya......I had to stop showing my wife the vids, getting slapped in the back of the head just wasn't fun
Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #27
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

and i dont want to make another video.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #28
ZR1
This is the life

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

what video? info please.
ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #29
Azylum
The Chosen One

the memorial ride video for Koskesh.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #30
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

I remember the reputation of this board (and still there is) before I joined.
When I joined, I mainly did it to mess around with some friends here.
Just to kill sometime at work.

Over the year,
things changed quite a bit.
More and more started coming out to the track.
Having more and more positive influences to the board.
I give big props to Buck for this, forum supporters, trackday instructors and CMRA racers.

I'm not leaving you behind stunters.
You guys showed respect to public road, be responsible while you are having fun and showing some amazing skills.
Pleasure to see what else can be done on two wheels.

Over several loses we had lately,
I saw some amazing brotherhood (or sisterhood).

I can tell/feel things are changing in this board.
And we should continue it.
100% behind you Chris.
Right on.
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #31
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1
what video? info please.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28866
Old 05-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #32
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Great post Chris.. I support ya 100%...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #33
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

agree... ur house
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #34
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer
Great post Chris.. I support ya 100%...
+1
Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #35
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therky42
+1
X2
Old 05-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #36
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt
X2
whew...I was hoping the hsn comment didnt offend you.:laughing6

no offense intended.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #37
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Hey Chris thanks for the post. I know I'm really new to this bike scene and this forum but when I met you last Wednesday at AMC I can tell you're a stand up guy. I'm glad to be a part of this board, I've already learned a lot and hope to take as much as I can away from here to have theb best time on my bike, while being safe at the same time.
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #38
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme
Hey Chris thanks for the post. I know I'm really new to this bike scene and this forum but when I met you last Wednesday at AMC I can tell you're a stand up guy. I'm glad to be a part of this board, I've already learned a lot and hope to take as much as I can away from here to have theb best time on my bike, while being safe at the same time.
Nice meeting you as well
Old 05-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #39
c0rey

Bike(s):
450x

Send a message via AIM to c0rey
very well put chris
c0rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #40
GHOSTRIDER

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000>>> sold sold>>> no bike
08 CBR1000RR

i agree you said it right, and out of all the web places to put up post's you manage this one very well!! Great comment about all that is going on.
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement