MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
mr_joe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

What would you do?

I think i'm jsut venting and hope this dosn't stick

with all these RIP going around and Eric really hit me hard.I find it hard to want to ride with every one of the cagers downing us bikers and telling me to stop riding cuz i'm next.

i think i'm a sell my "lil Blue : Pancha"( thats my R6's name) forreals forreals this time.

I own my own house but am renting it out(more of a investment to build credit and some side profit) and i'm freeloading right now at my parents place and my mother is going in to surgery. she juut finished dowing the motherly thing and chewed out my eyers about riding the bike daily. last time she went in we went in to a coma and chances are high again. i don't want her to be worrying about that during all that.

last time i was goign to sell my bike before the first time she went under the knife but didn't because only got offers from squids that were jsut going to hurt them selfs. i'm not about to self my pride and joy to a newbe.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

You'll regret selling it. I did. And i bought the b*tch back about 9 months later even after the chick I sold it to laid it down. It's something that you can't shake..it gets under your skin ... it's an addiction. You'll feign for it, I promise.

Then again maybe you won't. *shrugs* I know plenty of people, mostly in the car scene, that have sold their cars, never to look back, but every now and then, when they hear the growl of an LS1 I see a sparkle in their eye.

It's all up to you - we're behind you no matter what
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_joe

with all these RIP going around and Eric really hit me hard.I find it hard to want to ride with every one of the cagers downing us bikers and telling me to stop riding cuz i'm next.

i think i'm a sell my "lil Blue : Pancha"( thats my R6's name) forreals forreals this time.

I own my own house but am renting it out(more of a investment to build credit and some side profit) and i'm freeloading right now at my parents place and my mother is going in to surgery. she juut finished dowing the motherly thing and chewed out my eyers about riding the bike daily. last time she went in we went in to a coma and chances are high again. i don't want her to be worrying about that during all that.

last time i was goign to sell my bike before the first time she went under the knife but didn't because only got offers from squids that were jsut going to hurt them selfs. i'm not about to self my pride and joy to a newbe.
Maybe you could just store it for a while... i regretted selling my first one and being bikeless
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_joe

I feel ya on that, I wanna stop but I keep hearing Roman in the back of my head saying "ride that monkey" so I doubt I will anytime soon. Bottum line...it's dangerous... no matter how u cut it. U take that responsiblilty when u get on or u don't get on. If u can't deal with that, sell it.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #5
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I feel ya on that, I wanna stop but I keep hearing Roman in the back of my head saying "ride that monkey" so I doubt I will anytime soon. Bottum line...it's dangerous... no matter how u cut it. U take that responsiblilty when u get on or u don't get on. If u can't deal with that, sell it.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

this feeling if anxiety will pass. you'll regret selling your bike.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Joe,
I've never been without a bike in the 30 years since I started riding, however, I understand your reasons behind it.

In the end, only you can make that decision.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Why not race or stunt it?
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #9
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
like the above poster mentioned, why not consider only riding on the track? It'll satisfy your urge plus give you a more controlled environment to have fun in and learn at the same time.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #10
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I'm in the process of trying to build my 900rr into a race bike, any help or advice would be nice.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
I can understand the feelings. Ive know a lot of people who died and I guess it just comes with the love. The f*cking things really are a drug..Just like Meth or coke or anything else. We all know, more then likely we'll end up In jail, dead, or worst of all a veggie confined to a chair and eating out of a tube...

And like many addicts, there's the lucky ones who have a 'moment of clarity' and give it up for their family, loved ones, etc, because it really is just too dangerous.

Then there's the rest of us that that are stuck with the addiction for life.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:06 AM   #12
Fight The Chaos

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i
I'm in the process of trying to build my 900rr into a race bike, any help or advice would be nice.
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4310

And as far as selling your bike, your parents will always freak out, me and all my friends parents are the same if not worse about getting rid of their bikes. You dont have to ride the streets, plus, i know for a fact you will miss your baby as well as riding it. I say dont sell it and meet up at the track. GL man.
Fight The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #13
sillywabbit

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

No Mom wants their baby riding a bike (generally speaking) A middle compromise might be in order. Just like everyone else has said, use it for something else besides a daily rider. Become a weekend warrior....
Either way, I don't envy your position
sillywabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement