MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #21
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
JONERIC0430...get on this ....that bike is TRASHED and has some good parts for ya man....
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I wrecked my motorcycle. What do I do now? SamTheMan General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-13-2014 12:13 PM
I just wrecked xtelevisionset General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-16-2012 08:48 AM
What do I do (if wrecked)? sofa General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 12-22-2009 10:09 AM
Wrecked the R1!! yamahamama General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 04-17-2009 07:22 AM
2 wrecked on back road, 1 rider dead... MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 187 03-29-2008 05:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #22
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

I have brought back to life worse, you dont want to hear this but In my expirence, you neet to take the whole bike apart, take the frame to sabbs or wherever, and get them to do an eddie current test on the frame. For some reason the new zuki frames are brittle. I bought one off e-gay, it looked good, two welds at the neck and one on the side were cracked where I couldnt see, they welded it right up(I still ride the bike). Make a parts list to see what you need, see if rebuild costs over-ride new bike. the bike is worth around 1500 more/less as it sits.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #23
vicalma03

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSXR-750

Send a message via Yahoo to vicalma03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot
Success!!! you are alive!!! WIth the recent posts on here it is almost a miracle to be able to walk away after a wreck.

As for the bike??? Eh not sure how to break this to you but repairng it may not be an option. BUT if you insist I know Patrick likes to work!! Call Motorcycles Unlimited
Yeah after posting this I started browsing around and read some pretty bad threads.. I'm very thankful to be alive.. Now as far as the bike goes, I've always had liability insurance which is the bad part. I only owe 1800 on the bike now so once I'm good and can get around I'll start taring it down and looking it over.. If its not too bad I'll start replacing items.. If worse comes to worse I'll have a new track bike and I'll have to buy another street bike.. I'll have full coverage on that bike for sure:BangHead: Cant wait to get back on the road!
vicalma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #24
level5
moving chicane

how much you want to sell it?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #25
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

i wrecked about the same speed awhile back on my bike on 45 and cypresswood. my bike didnt get that bad. all i had to get is a new subframe, and front end and come plastic. yes i was lucky to be alive and im still thankin who ever watched over me that night because i only walked away with a few scuff.

if you cant total it, and if the cost of fixing it up is too much i suggest parting it out.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #26
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Send a message via AIM to ravenitup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
guess suzukis are designed to self destruct on impact
whole bike is a crumble zone :laughing6

j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
ravenitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Thats a bad stretch of frewy to have a wreck ( esp at that time 4-5 pm!)
Not that there is any time or place that is good to have a wreck. I am glad your gonna be ok and yes, part out the bike and start over. Or get some of the guys here who posted they have salvaged worse bikes and have them help you with the rebuild.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
perhaps just buy another gsxr 750 that has a bad motor. That seems like the fastest way to get back on 2 wheels.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogly googly
tank + subframe + rims + maybe forks = back on the road. stitch the plastics and redo the seat.
prolly the frame if he hit the curb.

you might as well throw that bike away. prolly the most you could hope is to sell the motor, cuz looks like everything else is trashed.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #30
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):
Ducati 749, Harley V-Rod Black Beauty Custom

Sorry about your wreck and I'm glad that you came out alive. But I have some question. You broke some bones on your leg and toes, do you think with proper pads and riding shoes would of help? You got stitches in your arm, shouldn't the jacket prevented that? To be honest with you, recent accidents in the forums had scared me abit and I'm trying to justified riding with full gear. I hope your experince will do just that. :eh:
KoolinDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #31
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolinDuc
Sorry about your wreck and I'm glad that you came out alive. But I have some question. You broke some bones on your leg and toes, do you think with proper pads and riding shoes would of help? You got stitches in your arm, shouldn't the jacket prevented that? To be honest with you, recent accidents in the forums had scared me abit and I'm trying to justified riding with full gear. I hope your experince will do just that. :eh:
yeah, what jacket where you wearing so i don't buy one like that.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #32
vicalma03

Bike(s):
GSXR-750

Send a message via Yahoo to vicalma03
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolinDuc
I think if I were wearing boots or anything other then running shoes I would have been ok. I remember rolling down the freeway entrance ramp and getting up without my shoes on.. I didnt wear my leather jacket that day and had my Icon merc jacket on. The sleeve on my right arm got all torn up and the pad fell out. I'll try and get some pics of the jacket.. My helmet only got sratched in two spots.. One across the visor and another on the back center.
vicalma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #33
Sinners Saint

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
Take it from a guy who is just finishing a similar repair, junk the bike or claim it totaled on insurance, you did have insurance right? It will be cheaper in the long run... If you still are hard up about fixing your broken gixxer (be sure to check the frame 3 times over Su-suck-i frames crack at the welds because they aren't welding 'em right lately), talk to Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited, and Tony at Tom's Autobody. Your bike will never ride the same again and your looking at like $6,000 or more to repair (before paint). That is what I spent on my 636, and I had less damage than you! Just get a new one or claim it, heal up, and then get a new one!

On another note, how are you so fast at posting Clayton? You get a hard on being number 1 don't you!
+1
Old 05-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #34
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
On another note, how are you so fast at posting Clayton? You get a hard on being number 1 don't you!
not really, but i'm just normally really bored.

i would of pm'd you this, but my box is full, and i refuse to empty it.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #35
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

did i miss something?

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #36
Aggie
In slow, fast out...hmm

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'08 MD250H (track)
'06 NSF100 (sold)
'07 GSXR600 (sold)
'04 R6 (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

I think it's time for a new helmet too. Just scratches going 80mph?

I wouldn't risk it the next time it happens unexpectedly.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #37
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X[B
]prolly the frame if he hit the curb.[/B]

you might as well throw that bike away. prolly the most you could hope is to sell the motor, cuz looks like everything else is trashed.
just noticed that, there is a ding on the frame. i'd get it x-rayed, and if it was good i'd rebuild. looking into it more there will also be a few other parts needed but i dont think it would cost over $1.5k to have it on the street again. the cosmetics are up to him, i'd zip tie stitch every last crack and go with it.

subframe $200
tank $200
rims $500
seats $150
left side peg $20
swing arm $40
stator cover $70
oil pan repair $30
----------- $1,210
forks if bad.. $300
----------- $1,510
all prices off of ebay. time now.

Just My .02 and just from what i could see in the pic. a personal look might show more damage, but i think it is totally repairable. some quicksteel or jb weld or take it to a welder and have him weld the spot by the oill pan bolt. just pull the pan off
Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #38
CDN Gixer Guy
Back to the Land of Snow!

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 750

I was in a similar situation last fall when I crashed at the track and let me tell ya I wish I would have went through insurance. At first I thouhgt it might only cost a few thousand, but it just kept adding up. If you do decide to fix it talk to Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited as he fixed mine and did a great job and my bike runs like new!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a Ride!
CDN Gixer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #39
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

I'm surprised the insurance company doesn't consider that "totaled"?!?!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #40
DrunkMagnet
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000, 2005 Ninja 636 ( TRACK )

Send a message via AIM to DrunkMagnet
User is banned

DrunkMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement