MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #41
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

people always say take it to the track... at the track there are other lives in danger as well, there is a time and a place to do stupid things on public roads that would only injure or kill yourself, if you so choose to do it then you contributed to your own demise and nobody else's. if it endangers anyone else then i would agree don't do it
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CUZ owes me 8 dollars and 12 cents j_e_hurst Off Topic 39 02-21-2013 02:10 PM
Gas for 99 cents only today mototex Off Topic 5 08-12-2008 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #42
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
the way i see it is he wanted to do 200+. That CAN be done safely on public roads. If you have the RIGHT stretch of road, you know the road conditions, you see the ditches and fields around it, plenty long for any margin of error, no side streets, and someone on each end to let you know if someone encroaches into the ride area and to wait for them to get out, then it could be done relatively safely on public roads. is that more or less controlled than the track? that is a lot of criteria to meet but it can be done.

yeah so that when you have a blow out at 200 mph. and are in about 50 pieces all over the road.. that me and my wife and kids or grandkids have to be coming around the corner and see all this mess... no way man.. keep it on the track where they dont go..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #43
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Sorry man, but you're dead wrong.

Unless you are a majician or have some equipment that lets you scan ahead for the miles and miles it takes to accomplish this attempt, it is NOT safe. one at each end with no side streets? like i stated before

How do you account for critters coming across the road, you don't but it'll only kill you and the unfortunate critterroadway conditions, debris, know the road before you do it and scan it before the runhow can you be sure that there is no traffic coming across or on to the road etc, etc, etc. no side streets, as said before

But you guys keep on doing it, it's job security for a lot of public servants

Too bad the end results are so saddening for your friends and family :eh:

I'm no saint, I've had plenty of stupid rides and outings, I stand by my mistakes, and I have gotten lucky so many times. Not everyone gets lucky, some, like out recently departed friends, have families that would give their own lives so that they could stop that person from making that last mistake...

Grow up guys.
check replies in bold
Old 05-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #44
Brena23
Mothernugget

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
people always say take it to the track... at the track there are other lives in danger as well, there is a time and a place to do stupid things on public roads that would only injure or kill yourself, if you so choose to do it then you contributed to your own demise and nobody else's. if it endangers anyone else then i would agree don't do it

People at the track are aware of the consequences.... People driving home from eating out with there family or coming home fromt he movies or whatever ... do not ... They do not need to see or watch someone kill themselves because of a bad choice if it can be helped...

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #45
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer
yeah so that when you have a blow out at 200 mph. and are in about 50 pieces all over the road.. that me and my wife and kids or grandkids have to be coming around the corner and see all this mess... no way man.. keep it on the track where they dont go..
true, but the only injury is the bike and rider. i'm not condoning doing this but that is about the only way you could do it safely on a public road.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #46
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

not first!

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
People at the track are aware of the consequences.... People driving home from eating out with there family or coming home fromt he movies or whatever ... do not ... They do not need to see or watch someone kill themselves because of a bad choice if it can be helped...
I agree as well, but the point was made that it would kill or hurt innocent people... i'm just saying there is a way to do it where the only person hurt was the one dumb enough to do it
Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #48
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Sorry guys, everyone entitled to make mistakes. If you want to prevent things to happen then let the people speak their mind and reported to the laws if you suspect any illegal activities. Everyone concerned is greatly appreciated and heard but taking these good advice is up to the wrong doer. If the mods closed the thread good advice/ideas will be lost.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #49
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
true, but the only injury is the bike and rider. i'm not condoning doing this but that is about the only way you could do it safely on a public road.

not really... exposing others to such tragic sites as accidents can plague them for life with mental disorders.. hard to deal with such sites

Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #50
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Hmmm, would you like to ask those that rode with Koskesh (RIP) if that's true?

At the track, you have an emergency response on location, you have people there to watch out for you, and you have all of your protective equipment on because it's the rules. Can say anything close to that about any street? (other than the ones in front of a Fire Station)

Like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You guys seem to know it all.

Keep on doing those things, because another old saying will eventually come true: "It's your funeral". Problem is, your actions may cause someone else's funeral too...
not true, if you take all those precautions then the rider is the only one killed in the accident
Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #51
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Yeah, what's up with that? That's like playing tag and saying....:nono: you cant tag me back....WTF? Mod's explain....:dontknow:
no explanation needed, the thread doesnt belong here, DOA didnt say anything wrong that I can see, I do see the thread needed to be closed and thats it, wasnt full of drama, nor should this be.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #52
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:

What do you think that is going to do to a kid seeing a body laying across the ground ripped up or head ripped off because someone wanted to go that fast on the streets to see if they could do it??? They would be scorned for the rest of there life...

Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #53
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
What do you think that is going to do to a kid seeing a body laying across the ground ripped up or head ripped off because someone wanted to go that fast on the streets to see if they could do it??? They would be scorned for the rest of there life...

I think that is what i said..

Old 05-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #54
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
true, but on a road barren enough that would allow you to do a high speed run on... what are the odds that a small kid would come upon the scene as the accident occured?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #55
Gixxer Geezer

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold

Quote:
true, but on a road barren enough that would allow you to do a high speed run on... what are the odds that a small kid would come upon the scene as the accident occured?

Ok.. you win... I am out of here.. have a great afternoon

Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #56
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

there are some roads north of dallas where i'm from that wouldn't see a car for 4 hours... do a high speed run there if it met all the other criteria
Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #57
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
that's just retarded logic.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #58
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:

The road was put it and mantained well enough for you to be able to run on so there must be some reason they are keeping it maintained... Maybe because there is a house at some point on that road with possibly kids. SO you have a 50 50 chance that someone might be mentally scared by your actions!

Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #59
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
there are some roads north of dallas where i'm from that wouldn't see a car for 4 hours... do a high speed run there if it met all the other criteria
Hey, I am here in Dallas. Where do you see this road?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #60
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

i am not saying to go do this, it is just for all the people that say you should NEVER do it on the public roads... i'm trying to show there may be one or 2 times that it could be done safely and what that would entail
Closed Thread

Advertisement