MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #21
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer
I only wet the bed when i am dreaming about doing whoolies and crashing..
i generally just like to on every thing................
__________________

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CUZ owes me 8 dollars and 12 cents j_e_hurst Off Topic 39 02-21-2013 02:10 PM
Gas for 99 cents only today mototex Off Topic 5 08-12-2008 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 950












Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
Do i think its right for mods to come in and post there opinion and then lock it up so no one else can put there opinion in ... Not really but guess thats why I am not a mod...
First you say that you understand why the thread was shut down, and now you're saying that you don't understand? Wow, If I had the power you would have instantly become a mod, in fact you're over-qualified.

-d :laughing6
DOA is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #23
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,640

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
i generally just like to on every thing................

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #24
Squeaky
Senior Member
 
Squeaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,737

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R



Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
i generally just like to on every thing................
Then you're not wetting the bed - you're "claiming this space in the name of Cherub-land!"
__________________
Rebecca
'03 VStrom 1k "Wilbur"
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #25
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,544

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
i generally just like to on every thing................

Marking territory are we?
witchdoctor575 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #26
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Okay then why don't we just allow only the admins start a thread, post their own opinions and lock it down? If we can't voice a dissenting opinion, why have a board at all?

-d

Because most of the threads that are posted are not a suicide waiting to happen:eh: The guy was trying to get up to 200+ on streets where he could hurt someone else someones kids there wife or husband.. or anyone else for that matter.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #27
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Then you're not wetting the bed - you're "claiming this space in the name of Cherub-land!"
shooot bed walls...........its hard work but someone has to make this thread worth reading
__________________

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #28
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 950












Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Seems like everyone got a chance to put up an opinion on that thread.

What was suggested was dangerous and stupid, and I support the mods for locking the thread.
Uuhhmm dude, there's like 2 other threads floating around with people's "top speeds" and a few others that have fallen off the radar. Should the mods start scanning threads for differing opinions and kill them all off?

-d :confused2
DOA is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #29
hotnanas
i rock knobbies
 
hotnanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,881

Experience: 10+ years











i personally don't want anyone reading a RIP HOTNANAS thread because some idiot with a wish to go 200+ on a motorcycle sliced through my truck killing me.
hotnanas is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #30
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,640

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
shooot bed walls...........its hard work but someone has to make this thread worth reading

Well I tried to.. then i had to go pee... back now..
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #31
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
First you say that you understand why the thread was shut down, and now you're saying that you don't understand? Wow, If I had the power you would have instantly become a mod, in fact you're over-qualified.

-d :laughing6

I agree THAT thread should have been locked up... I do not agree with the fact of posting there opinion and locking things up either delete the thread or post up and let everyone speak there opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #32
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 950












Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
Because most of the threads that are posted are not a suicide waiting to happen:eh: The guy was trying to get up to 200+ on streets where he could hurt someone else someones kids there wife or husband.. or anyone else for that matter.
Yeah, that's why I put the disclaimer and haven't gone out to put a highspeed ride together. That's truly not a good thing to do, but seriously I like both of your opinions.

-d
DOA is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #33
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









I think the mod's should lock this thread and voice there opinion....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #34
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 950












Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Yes.

Those are just as dumb.
KILL ALL THE DUMB THREADS!!! Save all the women and children from the lesser beings of this world.

-d :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
DOA is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #35
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,745


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






The thread was gettin' goofy and there were dangerous opinions being put out there. I'm guessing that's why it was closed.
I imagine if a thread started about driving bikes into walls so the vid could be posted on YouTube the mods might step in there as well.
bumblebee is online now  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #36
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 950












Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
I think the mod's should lock this thread and voice there opinion....
DOA is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #37
train460
speed junky
 
train460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cypress Tx (cypress N Houston & jones)
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)






I don't think anyone said it WASN"T stupid. Riding a bike in Houston is considered "stupid" by alot of people.
My reasoning is there is a time and place. In my high speed situation i saw zero cars or life for that matter. been out there many times as a shortcut.
Dumb that HAD something happened no telling How long it woulda been to be found.
As other posts on the MH site just cus someone asked about doing 200mph, hearing about some of the antics that ALOT of peeps here do on the 610 loop etc is not that differant.
as usual just my 02
Michael
__________________
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #38
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,989

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









the way i see it is he wanted to do 200+. That CAN be done safely on public roads. If you have the RIGHT stretch of road, you know the road conditions, you see the ditches and fields around it, plenty long for any margin of error, no side streets, and someone on each end to let you know if someone encroaches into the ride area and to wait for them to get out, then it could be done relatively safely on public roads. is that more or less controlled than the track? that is a lot of criteria to meet but it can be done.
sbfuller is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #39
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












IBTL

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
level5 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #40
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












This is the power of mods, they get the last word.
level5 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy