MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Squeaky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
LADIES - Lake Livingston Sat 5/12

This is not a poll; no feedback on the route or destination is required.

If any other ladies would like to join me for a last-minute run out to Lake Livingston (NE) tomorrow, I have a route and a restaurant that I'd like to check out for a possible future ride with more participants.

DATE: Saturday May 12th
TIME: KSU @ 10am
MEET: NW corner of I45 N @ 242 (between the Woodlands & Conroe)
FUEL: Have a full tank ready before KSU - we will NOT be stopping before lunch
ROUTE: 90 miles to lunch, 77 coming back, ending in Conroe
LUNCH: Riverside, TX
PACE: NOT excessive. You are responsible for your own throttle control
BIKE: Must be in good working order, enough tread for 300 miles
GEAR: Minimum required - helmet, jacket, gloves, boots / full gear preferred

If you have any questions, please ask. If you want to complain that you're not female and it's not fair, take it somewhere else. I'll ride with the boys later.

If you want to tear up the pavement at excessive speeds, this is not the ride for you. If you want to enjoy the scenery while exploring the backroads out to the lake and then chat over a meal, then please join me for the day.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N Sat 4/19 PP69 KSU 9:00am Livingston Brandon Events, Meets and Rides 19 04-19-2014 08:06 PM
Sunday (11/21) Country Roads: To Lake Livingston and Beyond humblerider Events, Meets and Rides 1 11-21-2010 08:00 AM
Sat. ride Lake Livingston DonnyMcC Events, Meets and Rides 1 08-01-2008 12:04 AM
LAKE LIVINGSTON HEAD COUNT SPYDER BITE Events, Meets and Rides 221 07-02-2007 09:46 PM
Lake Livingston Sunday..?? Tango1300 Events, Meets and Rides 2 06-30-2007 10:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
how many girls are already going? the last ride was rather large for me... 20+ bikes.

boots? umm are tennys ok? :dontknow:
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
keep your eye on the weather
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

I intentionally waited until the last minute so the number of riders would be low. I'd like to keep it within 6-8, if that high.

If you have boots, please wear them. Ankles are kinda fragile.

Weather is Ok - 20% until after 1pm.

Bring rain gear if you don't like getting wet, and bring a clear visor in case it gets dark.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

why wouldn't you just PM certain people if you want it small and select?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

I don't necessarily want it to be selective, I just wasn't sure about the weather and I didn't want a thread to drag out for weeks on end and wind up completey whored like the last one.

I'm a low-key kinda gal. :icon_bigg
Old 05-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

TTT
Old 05-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

I found out from a local on another board that the meet-up spot has a Starbucks at that intersection - so gas up and meet us for coffee!
Old 05-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
haha I find it funny just yesterday you told me this was going to be kept in PM only form!!! Oh well you ladies have fun and be safe.!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
haha I find it funny just yesterday you told me this was going to be kept in PM only form!!! Oh well you ladies have fun and be safe.!!!
Well, it took too long to find the list and I didn't want to leave anyone out so I just decided to post it after all. Why aren't you coming?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

Have fun and be safe.
Sorry I can't come this time.
I gotta be a water girl at the track...
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #12
Squeaky

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Ride report thread on TWT with everyone's stories and pics:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17800

Just Mine:

The fancy hair was a nice touch, and provided a girly addition to the last-minute ladies ride.

152008329 M

The plan: Scout a route I'd made by connectiong squiggly lines on a map.

No, that's not the sun in the picture - it's Ana's "anaconda" Olympia Airglide mesh jacket in super-eye-burning-standing-on-the-sun-hi-viz yellow.
152008346 M

*Note to self: Turn off the "unpaved Ok" setting when playing with street routes

When we got to the first unpaved road, I looked back and Mollie "BMWbabe" gave me a quick nod - a look at Ana received a shrug of the shoulders and a quick nod of her own. Wow, these girls will follow me ANYWHERE!

The "road" was hard-packed and had very little gravel. The only difficult part was the mud - it was sparse but there were a few sections that were rutted and still filled with water between the ridges. Wet clay is SLIPPERY! What had I gotten us into?

Every time I got to a section I thought might prove difficult, I deployed the outriggers and just tried to pick a good line through the flattest section I could find. I slowed enough to let Mollie catch up so she could see the line I'd chosen (when others do this for me I know it helps, so I hope it worked for her).

Thing is, the "road" doesn't go where Garmin thinks it goes. It just kinda stops in the middle of someone's front yard.

152021355 M

The dirt slowly faded to grass and we were now riding on his lawn. :scratch: The clearing to the side appeard to be the remnants of said "road" but was blocked by a fallen tree and overgrowth that had to be at least a few years old. Now we turn around (again - we U-turned during the first ten miles due to my lack of ability to judge distance, space, or time) and head back - back through the mud puddles. yay. :-(

Mollie's super-long legs and light(er than a Strom) F650GS had her turned around and heading back in no time. I went farther onto the grass to get something solid to put my feet on. Ana...

...almost got herself stuck. She struggled to get the bike moving in the soft dirt and grass but just as I got my kickstand down and my leg over the bike to lend a hand she freed herself with a strong, grunting push. :clap:

Back on 945 to detour around to where we wanted to be.

We got to another turn that landed us on a gravel road. This one was dry enough to not be muddy but wet enough that dust was minimal, and the rocks were small and manageable. These new-to-dirt gals were doing great!

152008368 M

152008385 M

I was really hoping The Hen House would still be there - and still be in business. I found it on Garmin Mapsource, and then searched it on the web.

It was!
152008395 M

152008436 M

Itís small and cozy inside Ė just how I like it.

152008480 M

The food was excellent, and they had half or full portions on the menu.
(This is a half portion of grilled pork chop, mashed potatoes, corn, a roll, and salad with a drink - all for less than $7!)
:eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:
152008511 M

This place can't hold too many people, otherwise I'd recommend it for a pie run.

152008528 M

Miss snake charmer herself surprised us by treating for lunch. Much apreciated Ana! :kiss:

Millie laughed with us inside while placing her to-go order, then commented about how great it is to see women riding their own bikes. She was very proud of her newly-acquired racing accomplishments at her age - and for good reason! She seemed like a sweet woman and a tough cookie all rolled into one.

152008568 M

"Yikes! Gas is HOW MUCH?"
152008575 M

It's fun watching Mollie's helmet hair twirl around in the wind!
152008584 M

We followed Ana down the road a bit looking for a bridge she'd gotten a picture of on a previous ride. When it didn't appear within a few miles, she turned us around and said it must be the other direction. (Ok, so now my U's are negated by one U from Ana :trust: )

152008597 M

Once we got to it, I recognized the bridge. I know I followed Deb through here at least once or twice, but I've never stopped for pics until today.

152008602 M

Have I mentioned what a GORGEOUS day it was? Puffy white clouds (that make me think of Becca) and ble skies all day.

152008616 M

152008623 M

152008637 M

152008664 M

As we wound around the lake, I decided that since we all liked taking pictures I'd try to get us over to something with a view. I picked a side road that went down less than a mile and looked like it would have waterfront property. None of the lots had been built on yet, so it made for a decent photo op.

I tried balancing my camera on a nearby electrical box, but was utdone by the resident photog hobbyist:
152008729 M

While she got set up, I went over to see what the shoreline looked like. I was spooked by voices of a few people hanging out in a boat down below, although it seemed pretty shallow over here.

152008752 M

I knew I'd routed us over the same road twice, but now I realized it was the gravel road and this time it would continue on.

152008786 M

It was even more fun the second time through!

We headed back into Conroe, this time placing orders for cold coffee concoctions. I told a guy sitting out front with his helmet, ďnice SVĒ but it didnít seem to register with him right away. After we settled into a comfy corner I went back out to introduce myself and see of Iíd spooked him. He didnít realize Iíd come off the bike (I took the gear off and had left it hanging off the seat under a shade tree) and I think it shocked him most that Iíd correctly named the bike from this distance. Anyone thatís owned or ridden behind a 2nd generation SV knows what Iím talking about.

Before leaving he came in and properly introduced himself to the other two stooges and we tried to tell him about TWT. (I need to print more cards!)

To avoid traffic, we headed west into Montgomery and took 149 down into Tomball and then over to Spring-Cypress. We split off for home as the sun was reaching eye level, and I high-tailed it down the freeway just to keep the sun to my back as long as possible.

Big thanks to the ladies for amusing me and my silly ideas - I promise I'll label that route DS and try again. Who knows - these scouting trips could be all the fun we need this summer! :rider:

152008858 M
Old 05-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #13
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

Glad you guys had safe and fun ride.
Sorry I couldn't come.
Next time for sure.