MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Walmart Donates $100,000 to Assist with Recovery Following Kansas Tornadoes

PRATT, Kan., May 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. announced today that it is donating $100,000 to assist with recovery efforts following the devastating tornadoes that ripped through Greensburg, Kan., earlier this week. The contribution from the Wal-Mart & Sam's Club Foundation will enable The Salvation Army and American Red Cross to assist those affected by the storm.

Since the storm hit on May 4, The Salvation Army and Red Cross have been providing shelter, clothing, food, counseling and other assistance to the tornado victims. Wal-Mart's donation of $80,000 to the Red Cross and $20,000 to The Salvation Army will help these organizations continue with their relief efforts.

"This generous gift will make a big difference in the lives of disaster victims who have suffered terrible loss," said Andrea Anglin, public affairs staff member for the American Red Cross. "We are so very appreciative of the partnership we have with Wal-Mart and its associates who with this gift are helping put disaster victims on the road to recovery."

In addition to today's donation, Wal-Mart Stores, Neighborhood Markets, Sam's Club locations and Distribution Centers in the Greensburg area have been responding with donations of water, diapers and other life sustaining products. Customers visiting stores and clubs throughout the state of Kansas also have provided nearly $20,000 in donations to assist with relief efforts.

"On behalf of more than 19,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club associates in the state of Kansas, we would like to reach out in a time of need to the community of Greensburg and help those affected by this tragic storm," said Kelvin Lynch, vice president of operations for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. "Wal-Mart believes in being a good neighbor and taking care of our customers and associates. It is our commitment to support the local American Red Cross and Salvation Army as they continue to meet the needs of this community."

Wal-Mart has long been recognized as a corporate leader in the area of disaster relief. In 2006, Wal-Mart donated nearly $2 million in cash and products to support 75 disaster relief operations in 35 states. While always a focus for the company, Wal-Mart's disaster relief support was highlighted in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. Wal-Mart donated more than $18 million in cash and $3 million in merchandise to assist with relief efforts.

About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
Every week, millions of customers visit Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam's Club locations across America or log on to its online store at http;//www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $270 million to local communities in the United States. To learn more, visit http://www.walmartfacts.com, http://www.walmartstores.com, or http://www.walmartfoundation.org.

SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
olympics = 100,000 condoms ordered! RACER X Off Topic 19 07-24-2012 11:16 AM
100,000 watts TO THE FACE!!! bentgixxer Off Topic 15 09-06-2010 10:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
blackhalo

not impressive, the korean golfer who won 200,000 in a tournament donated 100,000 to help in relief for kansas.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

agreed, Walmart could do alot better. those small towns rely on walmart for most of their goods. being my wife grew up close to their. they drive about an hr to goto the "local" walmart.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Oh I know.. I posted this up because even though they did donate money, they could have done more and also done more for other disasters.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #5
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

unappreciation. thats all i see.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
Tumper
Hullo

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

That would be equivalent to me donating less than penny......
Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
unappreciation. thats all i see.
+1 thats all i see, how much money has bill games, donald trump, and all them gave?? oprah gives money all the time and that thing american idol did and all the people who have nothin calld in a donated what they could... ide say wow good goin walmart cause to tell u the truth they didnt have to give a penny
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
+1 thats all i see, how much money has bill games, donald trump, and all them gave?? oprah gives money all the time and that thing american idol did and all the people who have nothin calld in a donated what they could... ide say wow good goin walmart cause to tell u the truth they didnt have to give a penny
i think bill gaTes donates quite a lot of money to charity. donald trump's a .
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #9
Azylum
The Chosen One

regardless. walmart didnt have to give . but they did. and all people do is because it isnt enough. thats like walking up to a homeless guy and giving him a couple of bucks and him saying "what, that all you got?". that actually happened to me, that phucken . but thats another story.

back in my day we used to say THANK YOU for generosity.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #10
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

i give when i can and i dont have alot to give, if i gave just 1 can of food or just a buck or enything to some 1 i think they would say thank u and not knock me for tryn. like we had said b4 walmart earns thier money in selling and whatever else, they dont have to give eny thing nor does eny 1 else but people do give and people shouldnt gripe that its not enough they should just be grateful some 1s helping
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:56 AM   #11
2XTURBO
that's a space peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i think bill gaTes donates quite a lot of money to charity.
correct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philanthropist
2XTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:32 AM   #12
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XTURBO
, he Does donate a lot. 29 billion since 2000. and supposedly he's inspiring other rich people. +1 for bill gates.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
Azylum
The Chosen One

see? microsoft isnt so evil, now is it?:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 05-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
DLunsford21
Go Fast Or Go Home

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha 600r -STOLEN-

Send a message via AIM to DLunsford21
just remember Tips Are Greatly Appreciated!

R.I.P. Brother, You'll Forever Be Apart Of Us All
DLunsford21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement