Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

First Time Track Day

Hey guys, after a while of planning and bailing, I'm going to finally make an effort to actually go out to the next track day at MSRH through Ridesmart. I was told that the first time, you get half off and free leather rentals. I was wondering how I could redeem this deal for the August 9th MSRH event through Ridesmart.

Also, any other things I should be aware of for a first time track day? Thanks.

EDIT - Also if anyone can give some advice/help on me getting my bike to the track, that'd help a lot too.
z0sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ive been studying all day, time for play time.... scrapp Off Topic 29 04-12-2016 10:00 AM
1st Time Track Riders - 50% off and FREE leathers and boot - TWS (Texas World Speedway) Labor Day cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 13 08-23-2012 10:46 AM
First Time Rider? Existing Customer? 2 for 1 Track Day !!- Cresson 6/4 & 6/5! cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 13 05-31-2011 06:11 PM
first time track day gsxr_firerider Taking it to the Track 17 03-12-2009 09:06 AM
Old 07-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

2012 CBR600RR
2011 Ninja 650r

There's a code you have to use when register for the discount. You can get the code via email from Ridesmart or there's certain people that can get it for you. When you get to the track and get checked in, give your paper work that you print out to the folks there and they'll hook you up with your gear. MSRH charges for paddock space now so if you don't want to rent a paddock a pop up tent is the way to go. If you don't have a trailer or are able to get a spot on someone's trailer you can rent a trailer from uhaul for about 30 bucks. I plan on going and I have room on my trailer. PM me and we can exchange info. As far as riding the track, leave your ego at home. Pay attention in class and ramp up slowly through out the day.
dj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

In this heat remember to stay hydrated.
I wrote this a long time ago, but the info is still relevant:
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
Time to ride.
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

07 Heritage Softail Classic

If you don't have to pee you ain't drinking enough.

Oh, start doing body-weight squats now. Thank me after the track day.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #5
Feedback Rating: (5)

PM me if you need a 50 off code if you're a first time Ride Smart attendee. Also the leathers and boots are free rental for 1st timers. Make sure you have a good helmet and gauntlet type gloves (covers wrists). Welcome to the track addiction!
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #6
Occupy Central
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Just ride your ride and enjoy being out on the track - it's definitely different from riding the streets. Make sure all your lights and mirrors are removed/taped and someone can probably help bring you to and from the track.

Welcome to the addiction!
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote