MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #41
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I've run my bike over 250mph on a gps, [I]well over 250.[I]

No one died and no one was hurt to the point of going to the hospital because we rode smart and kept an eye out for each other, at the end of the day everyone made it home.

Ride safe
-d :confused2

That's oxymoronic and other kinds of moronic too. How do you suppose this stuff looks to mom and pop in the mini vans of the world?
The truth is that THEY are the ones who make the rules the minority groups (like motorcycles) have to live by.
They will keep restricting and restricting until we are all riding mopeds or worse. Take this to the right places and it can be actually safe.
If anyone thinks they survive stupidity of this magnatude because of skill, watching out for each other, or being careful they are deluding themselves.
This aint a video game and there aint no reset button if you up.
End of story, you know thats right so don't go hatin' on me for tellin the truth.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
200 mph lambo crash at tx mile Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 10-31-2010 06:20 PM
Video....200 mph run on the street(GPS) ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-06-2008 04:27 PM
200 mph wow hughes40 Off Topic 8 07-20-2008 05:15 PM
200 mph 600?? Homebrew Off Topic 26 06-04-2008 04:32 PM
It's official... V-Rod hits 200+ MPH TxVrod Cruisers Lounge 2 09-09-2005 05:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #42
jus10

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
Take this to the right places and it can be actually safe.
Nothing is safe about motorcycles.....you want safe? Get a big roll of bubble wrap, a helmet, and stay home. That's about as safe as it gets. :laughing6
Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #43
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
Nothing is safe about motorcycles.....you want safe? Get a big roll of bubble wrap, a helmet, and stay home. That's about as safe as it gets. :laughing6

While Jus10 is correct in the fact that motorcycling is very dangerous.

Everyone, let's please remember the context in which bumblebee and several others are speaking in.

Given the two following choices, and in consideration of Public Commuters on the road,

Which scenario is relatively safer:

1. A motorcycle travelling @ 200 mph at a closed track
2. A motorcycle travelling @ 200 mph on a public road

Not withstanding that all reputable track organizations have medical personnel on site and read to aid in the event of a crash.

The answer (should be) obvious to all.

That being: Take it to the track...

/ thread

Advertisement