MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

can someone help me with this

maybe help simplify this statement for me???

it's about black holes.................and einsteins (sp?) theory.

This theory predicts that when a large enough amount of mass is present within a sufficiently small region of space, all paths through space are warped inwards towards the center of the volume. When an object is compressed enough for this to occur, collapse is unavoidable (it would take infinite strength to resist collapsing into a black hole).

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Ask a 5th grader
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

theory of relativity?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
theory of relativity?
yeah but really jus that staement above maybe in a simplified statement.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Hmmmm........simplify that statement.
I would kinda of equate it to an air nozzle but in reverse...........if you make the hole small enough but maintain the air pressure it would make a hole in ANYTHING right? Now reverse it where it was sucking, same principle? I may be way off.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Charles,
This is about the simplest I can find for you:

http://www.sff.net/people/Geoffrey.L...lackholes.html

Is this for one of the kids homework?

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Charles,
This is about the simplest I can find for you:

http://www.sff.net/people/Geoffrey.L...lackholes.html

Is this for one of the kids homework?
nah sometimes i think about something then i read up on it on wikipedia if i can't make sense of what i find I ask for help. Just for my generalization. my last thing i looked up was

the hadal zone in the ocean. Pretty cool to look at a area where the pressure is like 16200psi

Old 05-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
paniro187

it's like i knew what a black hole was. BUT I didn't what made them work (like what creates them)

Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #9
paniro187

!!! IT GETS MORE CONFUSING!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_h...mation_paradox

Old 05-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #10
bigjay77

Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996

Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
This theory predicts that when a large enough amount of mass is present within a sufficiently small region of space, all paths through space are warped inwards towards the center of the volume.
put it this way, things with gravity "warp space". our sun, the planets, black holes....
the best example is the temporpedic matress, put a marble on it and the marble will sink ever so slightly, now put a bowling ball on the other end and it will sink almost half way thru, the surface is warped, space is like this, this warp is from the mass of the objects, all paths near the object are warped towards the center,
the closer u get to the object the warp(gravity) is greater

Quote:
When an object is compressed enough for this to occur, collapse is unavoidable (it would take infinite strength to resist collapsing into a black hole).
this means that the objects mass is great enough it collapses,
take a "nurf" ball, give it the mass of a star 20xs our sun, its own gravity will collapse the material to take up the air bubbles in the ball, those bubbles are the gaps between the atoms hydrogen/helium in a star, take a real star 20 or 100 times greater than our sun, thru its live it uses fuel creating denser atoms (heavier), finally it collapses to the size of your ball point pen with the same mass as 20 or 100 of our suns, now put that on a huge matress(space) and it warps alot, the atoms in the object repel each other but not enough to keep the space between them, just for them to keep their distance the repel strength has to equal the force of gravity pulling then together, now the more gravity the more repel strenght required right, ok the infinate strength required for an object to "not" collapse into a black hole is not infinate (imho) we just cannot produce (fathom) the amount of energy it would take to enter past a black holes event horizon and get back out,
hence "infinate" strength is needed,, since we cannot produce the strength collapse "is" unavoidable

hope this helps or maybe im full of it haha
Old 05-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

:icon_bigg my brain hurtzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #12
MadseasoN

Quote:
maybe help simplify this statement for me???

it's about black holes.................and einsteins (sp?) theory.

This theory predicts that when a large enough amount of mass is present within a sufficiently small region of space, all paths through space are warped inwards towards the center of the volume. When an object is compressed enough for this to occur, collapse is unavoidable (it would take infinite strength to resist collapsing into a black hole).
Imagine a bowling ball in the middle of a trampoline.

The trampoline is space, the bowling ball is the mass. Anything that gets close enough is drawn to the bowling ball. Except the bowling ball is so heavy that it can even draw in light and crush it against itself.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #13
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

that took up some time to understand, this is better than the bored at work thread!!
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

think of it like a toilet bowl...if you slowly add water, it won't flush. when you quickly add a lot of water, down the deuce goes. LOL
wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I understand that everything is getting sucked in, but space is not 2d, so everything is getting sucked into the center of nowhere? Not to another place, like throught a tube to another place. O'well! I dont know.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i
I understand that everything is getting sucked in, but space is not 2d, so everything is getting sucked into the center of nowhere? Not to another place, like throught a tube to another place. O'well! I dont know.
It's not really getting sucked 'in'. It's getting compressed. Like a snowball that you can keep adding snow to ... but it never grows.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #17
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

That why i dont think its a worm hole. We should use one to put all our trash in!
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #18
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
It's not really getting sucked 'in'. It's getting compressed. Like a snowball that you can keep adding snow to ... but it never grows.
right its compressed (pulled) to the point that the atoms of everything are being disassembled down the to basic building blocks of the protons neutrons and electrons (subatomic particles) or "the singularity", prolly why light doesnt even escape a black hole, light is a particle and a wave

if you want to really hurt your self read about black holes erasing infomation,
information is not supposed to be destroyable :confused2
Old 05-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #19
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay77
right its compressed (pulled) to the point that the atoms of everything are being disassembled down the to basic building blocks of the protons neutrons and electrons (subatomic particles) or "the singularity", prolly why light doesnt even escape a black hole, light is a particle and a wave

if you want to really hurt your self read about black holes erasing infomation,
information is not supposed to be destroyable
:confused2
I was reading up on that here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_h...mation_paradox

black hole info paradox. :confused2

so tell me the center of a black hole is no bigger than a pen??? also riddle me this. if a black hole has the pull it has. then how can the universe possibly be expanding. also being that a black hole has the shape it has on the astral plane (is that the right terminology) then wouldn't that mean we are headed towards a black hole ourselves???

Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #20
bigjay77

Bike(s):

Quote:
so tell me the center of a black hole is no bigger than a pen???
not necessarily(sp) thats just a exageration to put it in perspective, in reality no one really knows how big a blackhole's core is, they can just mathimaticaly figure the mass of one

Quote:
also riddle me this. if a black hole has the pull it has. then how can the universe possibly be expanding.
there are two schools of thought on this one, one for expanding and the other for contracting, i also read about a third one for a universe that expands and contracts, so i dont think theres a concensus for this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe heres a lil read about the known universe

Quote:
also being that a black hole has the shape it has on the astral plane (is that the right terminology) then wouldn't that mean we are headed towards a black hole ourselves???
yes and no, our milky way has a blackhole but we are not on the way in, we are in orbit around our blackhole like we are for the sun, it keeps us near.
we can go near the blackhole and away from it, but if we cross the event horizon its squish squish for us, its the point of no return, now the event horizon is a great distance from the hole, like a blackhole on one end of a football field and the event horizon is the 40yrd line, as long as we stay at the 41 and farther and have enough fuel to escape the gravity we will be ok, so we live on the other 59 yards of the football field and the blackhole is at the end of the end zone. the space is only effected near the black hole which i didnt say earlier, everything at the 40 on towards the end of the end zone - "all paths through space are warped inwards towards the center of the volume", so we arent really headed for a blackhole, but we are held by one

one things for sure our blackhole is due to collide with another blackhole in the future
but we (humans) prolly wont last that long :eh:

Advertisement