MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #21
Kingsnake1650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati 996, RS125, NSR 50RR

I talked with Tom or VFRacer tonight and I have to say he was a really nice guy and was interested in what I had to say about the LSTD experiance I had. I have to admitt after talking with him It sheds a new light for me.... and I think he can probably say the same. It sounds like there are pros and cons with all the organizations running trackday and each one is gear for different people wanting different things.
Thanks for everyones info I definatly have a better Idea about how to pick a trackday to go to. Also I realize that my first trackday was not the typical experiance.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N00b questions: What front forks do I have and TMGP tire questions E-Train Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 10-24-2013 08:04 AM
Trackdays here yet?!?! dbuck Taking it to the Track 10 01-21-2009 01:29 PM
??? about trackdays Kingsnake1650 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 11 09-14-2007 05:48 PM
between trackdays.... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 24 04-26-2007 11:03 AM
TRACKDAYS ! Lobo General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-28-2006 07:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #22
stlal
Superman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsnake1650
I talked with Tom or VFRacer tonight and I have to say he was a really nice guy and was interested in what I had to say about the LSTD experiance I had. I have to admitt after talking with him It sheds a new light for me.... and I think he can probably say the same. It sounds like there are pros and cons with all the organizations running trackday and each one is gear for different people wanting different things.
Thanks for everyones info I definatly have a better Idea about how to pick a trackday to go to. Also I realize that my first trackday was not the typical experiance.

Yeah Toms a super dude and really likes to see people happy.

What a guy Tom is!!!!

Oh..and far as the price gos....maybe lstd is a little steeper but you can always cornerwork for credit.

Ridesmart trackdays get VERY crowded...IMO
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #23
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Good input Tom.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #24
Longnguyen

how bout we form one mega trackday org so there are no choices = no whining.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #25
BrutusTx

Member Garage

To be honest, I've ridden at all the local TD's.................they all have been good. I haven't asked questions so..........I didn't get answers. But what I did get is the chance to watch, learn and try different things. Everyone has an opinion about the best line, body position, etc........there is no "one size fit's all". Ride Smart has been dinged more than once for being crowded but, if you watch any racing at all.......it's pretty crowded!!!!! I've learned something from EVERY track day I've gone too, and that's what it's all about anyway.
My .02.......

Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #26
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
No! You're wrong!

Please, continue...

Well...............some of the intructors are smart a**s, THAT is one constant!!:laughing6
It must be one of the qualifications? :icon_bigg

Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #27
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
, I gotta work on my SMACk! I can't think of a comeback... :laughing6

Well..................:icon_bigg

Old 05-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #28
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

In my opinion (if anyone cares),
any trackday's good trackday.
They all have goods and bads.
The most important thing to me is the schedule and the budget.
Whatever it fits with your schedule and budget, that's good trackday for ya.
As any other market, trackday market should have varieties and choices.
Than us as consumers will have prices and services to choose.
Meanwhile, we have to support them to grow.
After all, we need each other.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #29
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

I just want more trackdays, tracks and more people out at the track.
:icon_bigg
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #30
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegchoi
I just want more trackdays, tracks and more people out at the track.
:icon_bigg
AMEN :notworthy

Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #31
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
I never said I was upset or mad about it... What I said was that I was disappointed with the trackday experiance. Really the lack of instruction was a minor point in my 1st post. Honestly it was more that attidude that was my problem.... That said I really dont want to get real deep into this on a public forum, Its bad for all of us. I plan on talking to Tom tonight and I will hold off on making judgment about LSTD untill after I talk to him
I really think that if I had gone to a trackday NOT on a race weekend it would have been a whole different experiance.... Atleast I hope.
I really dont want this thread to turn who like or hates LSTD Thread. I just want to know what all is out there and what might be better for me.
not really implying anything here, we just want people to get the most for their money and have a good time doing there trackday. If you need any help or answers just find us. Glad Tom got things somewhat cleared up for you..

Another great way to learn without being on the bike is to do some cornerwork, this will allow you to see lots of different techniques from different people.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #32
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Moe, I asked you on two seperate occasions to get with me about why you think LSTD has things that are "cons" according to you. Now, instead of talking to someone with us about it, you want to do your own comparison and post up why you thing Ride Smart is better than LSTD. Well, if that's what you want, let's get to it.
Tom, i don't have all the time in the World to sit and tell you Cons about LSTD. As mentioned by Jamie, and a million others. Every organization has its Pros and Cons, don't tell me LSTD does'nt have its.

Quote:
Funny how you get so vocal about this after DW starts "supporting" your mini team. What's he doing for you, paying your entry fees or something? Giving you half price at track days?

Wanna post up why you're such a big supporter of his, after you were verbally bashing them for the last year before you got this big "support"?
No, what's funny is how ever since he wanted to support me to become a better rider and racer - you've just blown up and started calling me out on everything.

Quote:
Before you start posting LSTD prices, why not get them from the web site? At least you can post the correct information. Here the are:

Texas World Speedway | College Station, TX.

::: Mondays = $160 per day/individual
::: Fridays = $170 per day/individual

The Motorsport Ranch | Cresson, TX.

::: Mondays = $140 per day, 1.7 mile track
::: Mondays = $155 per day, 3.1 mile track
::: Fridays = $150 per day, 1.7 mile track

Oak Hill Raceway | Henderson, TX.

::: All days = $110 per day/individual
So website says $170 for Friday @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - and i said $175? Look at what Jamie said :

Quote:
mostly I just paid $175 for about 1 1/2 hours on the track. (this thead is not a dig at LSTD's Im sure they have many satisfied customers I am just not one of them)
Maybe you should read before you start bashing on me. :eh: I just quoted what the initial poster said - since my post was directed towards him.

Quote:
So LSTD isn't a "real school" because they charge $50 for the instruction? Where LSTD will put you together with people who actually ride and some race? Hmmm, maybe that isn't valuable to you Moe, but I think others would argue that instructors that actually race, ride and teach is an actual class/ school...
When did i LSTD is not a real school? Again, the intial poster (Jamie) asked for the best bang for your buck - and i told him its Ride Smart since they include it with their track time. Where as LSTD charges $50 more for that. Again - i don't recall ever saying LSTD is not a "real school" - be more precise while bashing please.

Above in the italics - it seems your taking some past war's left overs with me. I was'nt here back then. You need to talk to Dave Wonders or whoever from Ride Smart that ticked you off. As far as i know most of the Ride Smart instructors teach and race.

[QUOTE=vfracer-r]
While your (what is it, 5 now?) handfull of track day, and vast year (not a typo) of experience is surely enlightening to the less informed, trying to bash or compare two orgs without all the information is not cool. Nobody here is bashing or throwing out the negatives on Ride Smart. As a matter of fact, I always make sure I throw out on posts about Ride Smart or people who compare td to td that "It's great that we have so many track day orgs to choose from, each has their own way of doing business, the important thing is that no matter who you prefer or patronize regularly, that you get on to the track and bring others in to our passion".

ORLY, you just proved yourself wrong here. Ever since you had your accident, you've got too much time on your hands. It seems something's gotten to you. All you do is Bash Bash all day. Call me out - in more then a couple occasions, where i have quitely avoided you. But i guess this time i was forced to come down the ladder and respond directly to you. I've had enuff.

How many track days i do - is none of your business or anyone elses. I'm don't have any trophys or pictures displayed of me racing in AMA or anything. I am what i am, i dont brag nor demean other riders/racers. I want everyone to proceed with their own life in their own way. For what its worth - i've done 5 track days in just this year alone. So maybe you should do your research before shooting numbers out.

Quote:
Just because you have DW's d*(k in your mouth for whatever "support" you get from him, doesn't mean that you should jump on the public forums and start bashing the other orgs.
Now that's just disrespectful. I take that in a very offensive way. You keep on talking about jumping on public forums and bashing - yet your the one that does that. This thread is proof enough.

Quote:
Don't argue or delete your posts either, that is exactly what you're doing. If you do edit it or delete it, I already copied what you posted anyway.
Don't even give me that . Your the one that edits your own post. I stand behind what i say. Ask James (Carbon R1) or Henry (SBK Bandidto), when ever there has been an issue slightly sounding/suggesting me vs. LSTD - i have always handled it in a mature way or apologized and have them edited what ever they thought reasonable. Go ask them - they are both instructors of LSTD, they should be able to account for that.

Quote:
Strange how a little money, or whatever he is giving you, changes your perception of things for some people. Don't forget, those of us that you have whined, complained and bitched to about Ride Smart remember those things. You can't pull the wool over our eyes.
I have no idea what the heck's up with you dude. The crash has really left you with too much time to wonder and "assume" things. In the past i said "All TD orgs have their PROS & CONS, today i say "All TD orgs have their PROS & CONS" - and in the future i will still say "All TD orgs have their PROS & CONS"

Not sure what has changed in or with that statement. :eh:

Quote:
On another note, I spoke with Jamie (Kingsnake1650) and we had a nice conversation. His concerns have merit, and we're addressing them.

Nice talking to you Jamie
More Props to ya & LSTD. But you spoilt the thread with your continuous bullying around & calling out.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...

Last edited by BlackWidow; 05-11-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Coz Tom's me off..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #33
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #34
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 05-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #35
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegchoi
In my opinion (if anyone cares),
any trackday's good trackday.
They all have goods and bads.
The most important thing to me is the schedule and the budget.
Whatever it fits with your schedule and budget, that's good trackday for ya.
As any other market, trackday market should have varieties and choices.
Than us as consumers will have prices and services to choose.
Meanwhile, we have to support them to grow.
After all, we need each other.
These are my thoughts exactly. Thanks Nut for putting them in nice simple words.

For what its worth -

I am registered to come to the LSTD TD event on the 14th of May @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - proof i'm not a hater - as people might indicate or assum.

I am also registered with RD's TD event on the 28th of May @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - proof i'll go to to any track day organization.

I also plan on doing a couple TD's in LA with tiger track days. And in July - August if everything goes according to plan then a TD in California. :notworthy

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #36
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Well...............some of the intructors are smart a**s, THAT is one constant!!:laughing6
It must be one of the qualifications? :icon_bigg
i would like to resond to this comment but, I'll wait and do it on the track!!! IN PERSON:icon_bigg
Old 05-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #37
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6
just 1 question dont ty howard teaches the advance class on Ride Smart i think i read something about the other group being real racers isnt ty a real racer?
Yes Jimmy,

Ty Howard is a Ride Smart instructor and also an AMA racer. He is also the person that holds the fastest lap times
@ Oak Hill Raceway - 1:21.824 <9/11/05> ,

@ MSRC
Lap Record (counter clockwise):
1:14.862 - <8/20/06>

Lap Record (clockwise):
1:14.586 - <6/11/06>

@ No Problem Raceway
Lap Record: 1:12.044 - <3/18/07>

@ 2.9 mile Lap Record:
1:43.069 <4/23/06>

1.8 mile Lap Record:
1:08.264 <10/8/06>

@ Hallet
Lap Record (counter clockwise):
1:17.573 - <7/30/06>

Lap Record (clockwise): 1:16.835 - <8/21/05>

But i'm sure he's still not considered a racer. I guess you just gotta be an LSTD instructor to be considered a racer. :laughing6
(Yes Tom - you started it.)

Old 05-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #38
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
i would like to resond to this comment but, I'll wait and do it on the track!!! IN PERSON:icon_bigg
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6

See you at Cresson, are you getting a bigger bike? :eh:

Old 05-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #39
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #40
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
OK Moe, go back and read it, did I EVER say that Ty was not a racer? Did I EVER say that Ride Smart didn't have instructors who raced? I have very close friends that are lead instructors there that were team-mates of mine. Get a clue dude.

My point, pin head, is that LSTD has a school, as you implied that we didn't and that Ride Smart "is a school".

I guess reading comprehension is not part of your curriculumn or required classes.

If you have a beef, why not man-up and call me, or come by and see me to discuss it? I know you have the number, you fuggin' call every time you have a problem or need something.

If you want to get into an internet match, start another thread with someone else, because if you keep it up with me, I'll make you look bad.
Tom as far as i'm concerned - i avoid every thread that you bash or call me out. Not really Mr.MotoHoustonion type eh?

This thread i responded coz you crossed the limits.

I have two jobs and go to college full time. I don't have time to call you just to settle some beef you have with Ride Smart. You represent LSTD - the track day organization. I don't represent Ride Smart - track day organization. I only represent them on the track in TMGP. So i am not authorized to settle any beef or speak "for" them. I only give my opinion out just like every one else. Besides that i am a customer of Ride Smart & LSTD.

You don't need to make any one look bad - you already made yourself look bad in this thread - and now me for even replying.

I'm done with this thread. Thank you yet again for spoiling this thread.

Closed Thread

Advertisement