MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #121
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
This was not a high-speed accident. If you look at the bike, it was hardly trashed and safe for the cracked rims, seemed rideable. It was just a case of bad circumstances, no negligence, no ignorance. Here is a picture of the bike after the incident, were it high-speed, the bike would be significantly more damaged:

Romansbike
tire

R.

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ERIC ROMAN 624chic General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-13-2009 09:04 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC (ROMAN) quEEn B General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-28-2007 04:51 PM
*Eric Roman* quEEn B Off Topic 30 06-14-2007 08:32 PM
ERIC ROMAN SEND-OFF, THANK U!!!! Candy General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-14-2007 09:27 AM
For Eric Roman Please read 0oAndyo0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-11-2007 07:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #122
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
This was not a high-speed accident. If you look at the bike, it was hardly trashed and safe for the cracked rims, seemed rideable. It was just a case of bad circumstances, no negligence, no ignorance. Here is a picture of the bike after the incident, were it high-speed, the bike would be significantly more damaged:
The actual facts are indicated in post #43!! showthreadphp?p566743#post566743
Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #123
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Wow. RIP Eric. I am still in shock over who this is for. I was just sitting around talking with Eric at the last trackday about how both of us don't care for riding on the streets much anymore because of how dangerous it is.

This isn't the loss of a squid who couldn't ride and got in over his head. This guy was a skilled rider and good person.

RIP brotha.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #124
mr_joe

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

omg this is eric. man this sucks. man i still can't belive it.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #125
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #126
slowposer
pose slower

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

rip man...thanks for showing me some good lines.
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #127
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6
Roman

Bike: 2005 gsxr-1000, 2003 gsxr-1000
hey everyone thanks for welcoming here
sorry about that jrock i should have said a bit about myself.
i have two gsxr-1000 an 05 (semi-track) and 03, been riding since i was able to get on a bike. other than that i'm chilled, dont get too crazy.

The boy could ride that is for sure!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy He spent all last track day babysitting me! I pick at him cause I was holding on for dear life trying to take the turns and he was doing them all one handed while looking back pointing with his foot as to where the line was! He was the nicest guy and always had something postive to say! He will be missed!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #128
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
Godspeed Roman

(5/10/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - Debris on the road may have cost a motorcyclist his life in east Houston.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also on ABC13.com:

Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police report a group of motorcycles was travelling northbound on the East Loop last night. Authorities say as they approached the entrance ramp to the East Freeway, there was a large wooden board lying on the road. One of the riders hit the board, sending his bike flying through the air.

"Even though he was wearing a helmet, he hit the guard rail hard enough that he was killed instantly," said David Runyan with the Houston Police Department.

Police say the victim appeared to be speeding. No one else was injured.

OMG!!!!!!! I just missed that same board on my way to work last nite.!! I cant beleive it! I am in tears tthinking about it. I swerved to miss it and thought to myself that could cause a nasty spill if I hit it!! Good lord this is tough.. RIP Brother.. Lord have mercy!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #129
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

I just got home from nite shift and hadnt even thought about it till now.. This is soo tough to hear....
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #130
50fool
AD

Bike(s):
2003 636, 2004 crf50

RIP. I hit a board on the freeaway one time and I almost lost control. Last night while pulling into my neighborhood I almost hit a large piece of metal sitting in the middle of my lane. Im fairly sure if I hadn't dodged it, it would have punctured my tire and sent me to the asphault. This morning when I got home from school the thing was still laying in the middle of the street. Don't they have a cleanup crew or something like that to prevent things like this happening? I don't think the road system is very considerate for motorcycle riders. There are some killer pot holes I have run across that might not effect a car so much but could easily send a bike to the ground.
50fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #131
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6
Roman

Bike: 2005 gsxr-1000, 2003 gsxr-1000
hey everyone thanks for welcoming here
sorry about that jrock i should have said a bit about myself.
i have two gsxr-1000 an 05 (semi-track) and 03, been riding since i was able to get on a bike. other than that i'm chilled, dont get too crazy.

FAWK!!!!! I remember this too.... this really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

bless you Roman and your family
Old 05-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #132
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I'm no detective, but it looks like his front tire got jammed into his fender after it blew out. Wonder if thats what caused him to go down.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #133
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
The actual facts are indicated in post #43!! showthreadphp?p566743#post566743
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #134
05 raven1
Speedy R1

Bike(s):
05 Raven R1

He hit the board while he was leaning left. The impact caused him to airborn sending him flying into the guardrail to the right.

sig
05 raven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #135
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

A motorcyclist died after apparently striking some debris on Loop 610 East near Interstate 10, Houston police said.

The man wore a helmet but died at the scene after he lost control of his motorcycle and struck a roadside railing.

The accident occurred about 9:45 p.m., police reported.

The man's name was not available early today.

Sounds about right. I passed that board around 9:25- 9:30 pm on my way out to Willowbrook area.:eh: . Still cant believe it. RIP Bro
Old 05-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #136
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

This is sad.

I am making a personal agreement with myself that if I see a board or large chunk of metal laying in a bad spot, I am stopping and getting it off the road. Providing it is safe to do so.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #137
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

rip... something like this happened to my brother jason up in austin and he struck a ford f250 head on coming around a curve. hope his family is hangin in there. everyone keep on ridin and think of him when you do. take that time to slow it down and enjoy the ride. i've never met this guy but i am sure he is a good guy. just slip a drink in his bed and maybe his favorite snack. jason is enjoyin an ice cold bud :P i am sure they will be hangin out and whatnot :P
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #138
Javi
Siempre positivo..

sad news sorry for his fam! very loved from alot of friends ya post so many nice things bout him! wish i could have known him..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #139
mongofeet

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6, 2005 Yamaha R6 & 2001 Honda XR100

Miss You Man....Gonna be hard not haven you at the track. No one to make fun of me any more.
Do us a favor man, and Watch over us.

Much Love Roman

Mongo
CMRA #919

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...Noel/Home.aspx
Check out my sponsors: South Central Race Center/Bridgestone, Lockhart Phillips, Vortex, Chicken Hawk, Sidi Boots, Fuel Clothing, Clutch Mechanix Wipes & Power Crunch Bars
mongofeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #140
jtgsxr1000

Bike(s):
K6 GSXR1000
K4 RC51
K2 RC51
2000 R6
K5 Honda 70

You will be missed by many!

To a good friend that I had the priviledge to ride with and get to know as a good friend. I still cant beleive we just rode 2 weeks ago at crabb river and we were having a good time and we use to ride together alot. If you are wondering who I am, Eric and I rode the track together and the streets I ride the 06 GSXR 1000 Silver in color. Eric was a good friend of mine and it is a sad day for all of us as fellow riders. I'll miss those days of riding together, the way we use to push each other to do better. Eric and I were involved in a wreck a couple of years ago. I was riding my RC51 and I went down in a turn and eric was right behind me and he ran over me on his bike. He was there for me when i went down. I still have the jacket that I wore that ride and I'm going to dedicate that jacket to him for all the great memories we had riding together. RIP Will miss you!

Advertisement