MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #81
shaokang
Head narwhal in charge

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
None :(
05 636 RIP
13 675R Daytona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
I've been riding since I was 9. I'm an old . I won't give up my supersports. I love the way they look, sound, feel, accelerate, corner, raise up from sheer power even if your not necessarily wanting to wheelie - everything. In 45 years of riding I've had my share of close calls. I still think the best quote of all is "Faster faster, until the thrill of the speed overrides the fear of death". I know one of the guys here on MH has that in his footer.

Never rode a cruiser, don't want to. (well, some bobbers have a certain appeal).

I've lost 30 fingers, 30 toes, 3 hearts, six eyes, and 3 of the best people in my life. Almost lost a son. You know what? Fire-hydrants are REALLY solid even when hit with 500 lbs going 50mph - but he still rides with us.

Hang up yer helmet and spurs if you want. But don't be in a rush to sell. Go out to the garage after a Monday, put on some good tunes and take your sweet time and start to really clean it. Get those bugs off and little by little return it to the best possible condition. Give the rims and tires that showroom appearance. Sit on it a little bit. Start it up and get a whiff of that awesome race fuel bike cologne, keep it fresh in the nostrils and let it seep into your pores. Stick your face right up to that beautiful Akrapovic voice. French kiss that baby. And keep the key on your keychain!!!!

Have a party in your garage and tell your buddies about your bike and the one you planned on upgrading to next year. Who cares if your lying. Sit on it and ease down a few beers. Dood - it's part of your family. And it loves you more than your woman loves you. It's easy to prove too. Take a good snort of that seat. Smell that riders swampass? Your woman washes it off herself every few weeks. Your bike will keep it on there all summer. Now THAT's love!

A marriage takes work and in my Bible in the Book Of Collisions, Chapter II are the 10 commandments.
1) Thou Shant Not Giveth Up Like A Wussy Baby Suckling.
2) Thou Shallt Have No Participation In Heathen Activities To Replace Thy Riding Time.
3) What The Hellith Is Wrongith With Thou?
D) Curseth Not As Thou Curseth With Thine Mouth At The Caged Animals Entering Two By Two, The Ark Of Thine Own Lane.
8) Offer A Praise Sacrifice Unto The of Power. From The Holy Blessings Bestowed On Thy Beast, Partake Of The Sweet Savor Of Unburnt 97, The Vapors Of Spirit That Rizeth From The Reservoir of Power Unto The Firmament And Thouest Own Nose.
%) Measure Thou The Highest Of Your RPM. Twist And Give Unto Him That Makes The Voice That Soundeth As the Sound of Glory, The Sound Of Ten Thousand Pistons Screaming In Ecstasy. Cry Unto Him, Bow Low At The Sight Of His Feet Shod With Sidi, His Hands With Alpine Stars. Cheerfully From Thine Heart, Giveth As It Were Ten Percent Of the Highest RPM.
10) Return Thee Unto Whence Thou Cometh. Take They Powerful Steed. Fashion Him Smartly Between Thine Legs And Let Thine Loins Be Pleasured and Produce Thine Good Seed For All To See. And You Shallt Become a Nation, An Army. Don't Be Ghey.
[/FONT]

So..... Looks like it's your call. Do you really wanna sin now?
Hahahaha. Nailed it. Needless to stay I couldn't resist the urge to get on it the other day while it was sitting in the garage. I love riding, and as some of y'all mentioned, it's definitely an environmental issue. Riding in Houston sucks. I need to get out more. Thank you all for the words of wisdom, #muchappreciated.
I'm not scared, more paranoid. I guess i'm coming to terms with what exactly I got myself into.

PS: everyone should read Proficient Motorcycling. That is all
shaokang is offline   Reply With Quote