Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #41
GuzziGirl
Member
 
GuzziGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 29


Bike(s):
Guzzi Ducati Gxer750 Honda CBR600RR









I think that this is an excellent idea

In the little time I have ridden in Houston I have witnessed many great things.
I have enjoyed meeting some riders. I have witnessed friendship, camaraderie and solidarity, kindness and just good fun. Bringing and sharing some of the things that make life attractive and exciting. Road conditions, peoples driving and riding are on going alerts, catching or snapping you by surprise.
I think that a memorial list with: name/ nickname/ age/ favorite quote or note, depending on the case would be great. Indeed the speed, the level of experience, the type of bike for the rider, the choice of riding where/ with who/ when … are all factors to take in. I encourage people to take comments of others always constructively. Do not get offended when someone may be telling you to slow down, to gear up or anything for a matter related to a ride or likely to affect your riding. I have seen senior riders watch over some newer ones, or those who are dealing with a new bike, please continue to do so and to “bud in”. Everyone should ask questions and feel comfortable doing so…makes it all safer for everyone. Learn the signals … the positions… take the time to make a riding plan … have a back up plan … have contact numbers.
We forget too fast.
The deaths and accidents should be a catalyst for guidance and awareness. We all go too fast at different times. We all forget to be 100% focused on the ride which includes the people and things around us. We can all be affected by outside factors at each moment.

When you just love to ride, you just do…. And you miss it when you don’t.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
RIP

We really do need to make a sticky to list all of the deaths per season in rememberance of each fallen rider.
Maybe then some of us will remember to leave our cape and battle ax at the house when we go ride.
GuzziGirl is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle accident KneeSlider General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 02-03-2014 07:57 PM
motorcycle accident WarrenW General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 09-27-2012 11:36 AM
car accident today :( randomwalk101 Off Topic 33 10-20-2010 06:35 AM
accident today... and ALL DAY dotcom General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 01-06-2007 04:28 PM
Another Motorcycle accident Capafool Off Topic 18 08-11-2005 02:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 AM   #42
Knightrider
Senior Member
 
Knightrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 600


Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue









Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
RIP Roman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
if he was riding like a dumbass on the streets then it was a noobie error.
always that one guy...dumb@$$
Knightrider is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #43
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












RIP
level5 is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #44
Sc0
A Lemming
 
Sc0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Under a Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1






Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0
I'm sure that he didn't want to go that way but it was his time... Most of us toy with ignorance and chance on this issue, some turn out to be luckier than others as well.

Be safe, save it for the track.

On the streets I have ran over 2x4's, roof shingles, plywood/sheetrock, gravel, sand, attic insulation, pine needles, leaves, and a PVC/metal pipe... If these were discovered in a turn or at higher speeds the results would have been similar. All of those "oh @%it" things and still have to watch out for cars, other bikers, and potholes.
Sc0 is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #45
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Ok to clear things up:

This was not a high-speed accident. If you look at the bike, it was hardly trashed and safe for the cracked rims, seemed rideable. It was just a case of bad circumstances, no negligence, no ignorance. Here is a picture of the bike after the incident, were it high-speed, the bike would be significantly more damaged:

Romansbike
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #46
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
He was probably going 140
WHERE THE DID U GET THIS FROM.....GET THE FACTS B4 U POST UP BULL$H!T....

OK BEFORE YA'LL START WHORING UP THE ACTUAL FACTS AND START UR "IT WAS HIS FAULT T TALK". I WAS THE 1ST ONE 2 THE SCENE AFTER THE ACCIDENT AND WAS ABLE TO SURVEY IT AFTERWARDS.

ERIC WAS NOT GOING 140 MPH, HAD HE HIT THAT BOARD DOING THAT SPEED HE WOULDA BEEN LAUNCHED RIGHT OFF THE PHUCKIN' OVERPASS.
THE 8FT 4X4 WAS LAYING ACROSS THE WIDTH OF HIS RIGHT HAND LANE ON A DARK OVERPASS AT THE PREFIX OF THE CURVE. HIS TIRE MARKS WERE LESS THAT 5FT AWAY FROM THE BOARD ITSELF. SO JUDGING FROM THAT HE WAS GOING ANYWHERE BTWN 50 AND 60MPH, HIS EYEWITNESS RIDING DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM CONFIRMS THIS.

HE HIT THE BOARD, LANDED ON BOTH WHEELS AND THE BIKE THREW HIM INTO THE GAURDRAIL POSTS. THE IMPACT SEVERLY CRACKED HIS HELMET IT WAS NOT IN PIECES
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #47
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Thanks Candy for stating the facts. It does sound like a very unfortunate circumstance.

I am sorry you had to see it, it must've been very hard.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #48
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
Thanks Candy for stating the facts. It does sound like a very unfortunate circumstance.

I am sorry you had to see it, it must've been very hard.
it's way phucking hard and even harder when phucka's start hollering about how he MUSTA BEEN at fault for speeding and all that $h!t. I WON'T TOLERATE IT WITH ROMAN, HE WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL RIDER, WHO KNEW BETTER THAN ANYONE OF U ON HOW TO HANDLE THAT BIKE. IF IT WAS AVOIDABLE, HE WOULDA AVOIDED IT. HE DID NOTHING WRONG LAST NIGHT EXCEPT TAKE THAT EXIT RAMP...PERIOD.
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #49
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
it's way phucking hard and even harder when phucka's start hollering about how he MUSTA BEEN at fault for speeding and all that $h!t. I WON'T TOLERATE IT WITH ROMAN, HE WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL RIDER, WHO KNEW BETTER THAN ANYONE OF U ON HOW TO HANDLE THAT BIKE. IF IT WAS AVOIDABLE, HE WOULDA AVOIDED IT. HE DID NOTHING WRONG LAST NIGHT EXCEPT TAKE THAT EXIT RAMP...PERIOD.
I couldn't agree more!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #50
marimirez
PW Reformed...
 
marimirez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Far North
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,617


Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600









What ever happened to the days when you actually let someone "REST IN PEACE?'

The fact is that he is gone now. Whether is was avoidable to not. And if for some reason it was avoidable. Does it make u feel better about it to call him out on it. Have you ever heard of the espression, don't talk about someone if they are not there to defend themselves.
marimirez is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #51
mr_joe
Senior Member
 
mr_joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PASADENA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 898

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000








OMG he isn't answering his Cell. i can't belive this !
__________________
Weather man why do you always lie about the weather? Why?

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #52
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_joe
OMG he isn't answering his Cell. i can't belive this !

yeah, i sent him a text this morning about going to eat some birria and he didn't answer. Didn't know until i got to the office. I am so speachless
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #53
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
+1^^ Condolences to all who are touched by this tragedy.
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #54
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
i am still so shocked. My track suit was his, he sold it to me, everytime i wear it i will remember you BUD
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #55
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzziGirl
In the little time I have ridden in Houston I have witnessed many great things.
I have enjoyed meeting some riders. I have witnessed friendship, camaraderie and solidarity, kindness and just good fun. Bringing and sharing some of the things that make life attractive and exciting. Road conditions, peoples driving and riding are on going alerts, catching or snapping you by surprise.
I think that a memorial list with: name/ nickname/ age/ favorite quote or note, depending on the case would be great. Indeed the speed, the level of experience, the type of bike for the rider, the choice of riding where/ with who/ when … are all factors to take in. I encourage people to take comments of others always constructively. Do not get offended when someone may be telling you to slow down, to gear up or anything for a matter related to a ride or likely to affect your riding. I have seen senior riders watch over some newer ones, or those who are dealing with a new bike, please continue to do so and to “bud in”. Everyone should ask questions and feel comfortable doing so…makes it all safer for everyone. Learn the signals … the positions… take the time to make a riding plan … have a back up plan … have contact numbers.
We forget too fast.
The deaths and accidents should be a catalyst for guidance and awareness. We all go too fast at different times. We all forget to be 100% focused on the ride which includes the people and things around us. We can all be affected by outside factors at each moment.

When you just love to ride, you just do…. And you miss it when you don’t.
This is the most intelligent and hearfelt post I have ever read here on Motohouston. Who are you?? GuzziGirl? Absolutely awesome words:notworthy

Thank and love to you for your kindness

RIP Roman you are missed.
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline  
Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #56
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,570

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
WHERE THE DID U GET THIS FROM.....GET THE FACTS B4 U POST UP BULL$H!T....

OK BEFORE YA'LL START WHORING UP THE ACTUAL FACTS AND START UR "IT WAS HIS FAULT T TALK". I WAS THE 1ST ONE 2 THE SCENE AFTER THE ACCIDENT AND WAS ABLE TO SURVEY IT AFTERWARDS.

ERIC WAS NOT GOING 140 MPH, HAD HE HIT THAT BOARD DOING THAT SPEED HE WOULDA BEEN LAUNCHED RIGHT OFF THE PHUCKIN' OVERPASS.
THE 8FT 4X4 WAS LAYING ACROSS THE WIDTH OF HIS RIGHT HAND LANE ON A DARK OVERPASS AT THE PREFIX OF THE CURVE. HIS TIRE MARKS WERE LESS THAT 5FT AWAY FROM THE BOARD ITSELF. SO JUDGING FROM THAT HE WAS GOING ANYWHERE BTWN 50 AND 60MPH, HIS EYEWITNESS RIDING DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM CONFIRMS THIS.

HE HIT THE BOARD, LANDED ON BOTH WHEELS AND THE BIKE THREW HIM INTO THE GAURDRAIL POSTS. THE IMPACT SEVERLY CRACKED HIS HELMET IT WAS NOT IN PIECES

I think this puts an end to all speculation. Let's just put our energy into showing our support to Roman's Family & Friends.

Funeral Information: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28745

Donation Information: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...372#post566372

Memorial Ride Information: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=567104

RIP
__________________
2i6dh51

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 05-10-2007 at 02:08 PM.
SBK Pilot is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy