MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
japtj2000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Thank you all for the help you have been giving me. I was at the bike shop today and tried the KX65, KTM 65. The 65ís are a little small to me but I guess I still can ride them OK. I will enjoy more riding them over the 4 strokes. I think I made a decision based on your opinions and my preferences, I will look for a KTM 65, even it is smaller than KX65, it has better forks, brakes, and smoother power band, so less money to spend later in mods. I am not planning on bore it to 72cc for now. I want to see how I do at the track first before start modifying the bike, I wont be a super fast rider anyways. I havenít seen many options to upgrade the suspension for adult rider on the KTM 65 so I will need a lot of help to setup the suspension. I donít have a big pocket with lots of $$$$$$ so it will have to be in the cheapest way possible.
Will the heavy duty BBR spring work on the KTM65? I know it works on the KX 65 but I think the KTM rear shock is longer.
Mr.337 The GSX 600 shock mod sounds interesting. Do the medications have to be done to the bike or the shock? Is it very hard to fit on the bike?
japtj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini moto advise required to race on TMGP japtj2000 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 09-22-2014 11:13 AM
TMGP mini races Katy Texas April 5/6 Grom Race too Bagwell Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-29-2014 09:38 PM
Advise Please from the moto ppl ARKEM General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 07-16-2012 01:09 PM
TMGP mini q's CarbonJames Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 91 11-29-2009 01:58 PM
tmgp mini question??? Thomas Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 8 11-03-2009 07:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #22
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

nah it took about 30 min or so with a dremel tool. I had to cut off about 1/4" off the top shock mount b/c the GSXR shock is just a hair wider where it bolts to the frame up top. then i never did but the gsxr shock lowers the rear of the bike by about 3/4" so to fix it you can weld up a bracket and raise the bike back up. I never did the bracket fix i just rode it as is and won 2 championships on it. Bought the ohlins for little over 800 shipped and never looked back lol. let me know if you want pics i think i have some of where i had to trim on the frame to make the gsxr shock fit. i do not know if it will work for the KTM65 though?? The KX/RM 65' are identical just different plastics pretty much so it does work on both them aswell.
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
japtj2000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
nah it took about 30 min or so with a dremel tool. I had to cut off about 1/4" off the top shock mount b/c the GSXR shock is just a hair wider where it bolts to the frame up top. then i never did but the gsxr shock lowers the rear of the bike by about 3/4" so to fix it you can weld up a bracket and raise the bike back up. I never did the bracket fix i just rode it as is and won 2 championships on it. Bought the ohlins for little over 800 shipped and never looked back lol. let me know if you want pics i think i have some of where i had to trim on the frame to make the gsxr shock fit. i do not know if it will work for the KTM65 though?? The KX/RM 65' are identical just different plastics pretty much so it does work on both them aswell.
Thanks for the info. I donít like the Idea of modifying the bike frame but if I decide to do it then I will let you know. I may be buying the bike this week and then start the conversion process... How often do you meet at Katy track? Only at the races?
japtj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement