MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #21
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeeDeeGee View Post
Oh ok, I was expecting it to be on par with MSRH. I found MSRH to be world class compared to TWS (Texas World Speedway) haha.

but I just realized I won't have the back protector I just bought by Sunday anyway so I'd have to run level 1 regardless.
I doubt they will check for back protector (most don't)

And its odd that you feel MSRH was better than TWS (Texas World Speedway) (opposite for me)

NOLA will feel like GLASS compared to potholes everywhere (MSRH)

That being said, MSRH is fun in its own right and has good facilities. The track itself just needs to be re paved.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRH June 14th The Hulk General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 05-14-2014 11:38 AM
NOLA Motorcycle Track Day on the 15th Vilks Taking it to the Track 2 12-05-2013 10:51 PM
TWS (Texas World Speedway) May 14th and 15th andreakw123 Taking it to the Track 1 05-08-2011 02:13 PM
EARLY morning Forest ride Monday and Tuesday (14th and 15th) Snow Events, Meets and Rides 30 06-14-2010 01:04 PM
Floating the Guadalupe river. May 14th,15th,16th lanzer913 Events, Meets and Rides 38 05-16-2010 02:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #22
TheBeeDeeGee

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2001 RC51 *sold :(
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I doubt they will check for back protector (most don't)

And its odd that you feel MSRH was better than TWS (Texas World Speedway) (opposite for me)

NOLA will feel like GLASS compared to potholes everywhere (MSRH)

That being said, MSRH is fun in its own right and has good facilities. The track itself just needs to be re paved.
Yeah, MSRH is great because of the covered paddock and even a spot to go get in the A/C. I was going to bring my wife and kid but as it turns out they would only have one spot to stand in the shade at NOLA so that ain't going to happen
TheBeeDeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #23
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

I'm out. Don't have any health insurance with change in job. Should have realized that earlier.

And only 2 bumps on track, turn one and then again getting onto back straight,
Old 06-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #24
rideForrestride

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
$225 is CHEAP for that track. Dirt cheap.
It's that good huh? Well, my parents do live close to Baton Rouge so I would have free room and board out that way. Now I have to figure out trailer situation since I just traded my truck for a car.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement