MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #41
ownage
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki ZX10 takes win at IOM TT Grinchy Taking it to the Track 6 06-10-2011 07:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #42
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
LOL, anyone else see this pic in that article???

CBR1000RR stunt road

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #43
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
It wasnt because it had more power than anything they had ever seen, its because it had a poorly built motor and tuned powerband. Its kinda like honda and thier v-tec. Its really not that great for any type of racing that you have no power through out the rpms and then all the sudden you have a huge increase in power in the uper rpm's. It just gives you a sensation of awesome power because it is less linear and more abrupt. If Kawi would have done it right then it may have could have been the best motor IMHO.

lol, the powerband is extremely linear. there is no huge rush of power anywhere.

here's the graph to an 05. note that it's in DIN HP, so peak is actually closer to 169, not 172.

attachmentphp?attachmentid31945&ampstc1&ampd1175712289
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #44
aznhero913
J.D.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

No doubt this new gixxer is awsome. Just look at the specs and you'll know its race ready (stock). Suzuki did a great job, i wonder how the competition is gonna respond next year? Are damper's gonna be standard on bikes? etc..
Old 05-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #45
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913
No doubt this new gixxer is awsome. Just look at the specs and you'll know its race ready (stock). Suzuki did a great job, i wonder how the competition is gonna respond next year? Are damper's gonna be standard on bikes? etc..

I don't know of any literbike on the market that doesn't come stock with a steering damper.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #46
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

I still like my lil ol 1000RR though. Its a blast to ride.
KMFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #47
#1 stunna
dARoCk

Bike(s):
2005 GsXr 1000

....gixxer's rule....bottom line!!!!!!
#1 stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #48
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
lol, the powerband is extremely linear. there is no huge rush of power anywhere.

here's the graph to an 05. note that it's in DIN HP, so peak is actually closer to 169, not 172.

attachmentphp?attachmentid31945&ampstc1&ampd1175712289
The map doesnt have any designation of what was actually on the dyno. Also none of them were the first runs. Wich leads me to believe they are not stock runs. I am talking straight from the factory. You said it yourself

Quote:
"Brutal and scary" were the words that most mag editors chose to describe the first gen 10r. I remember reading articles where the testers were shifting early, to stay out of the top of the powerband because the power was so violent.

gotta love that.
Without a big quick jump in horsepower you would not have a violent display of power. It would be a lot less noticeable. Think of it like nitrous kicking in but only a small shot. A sudden jump in horsepower is a lot more violent than a steady gain over the rpm range. That is why they were shifting early.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #49
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
The map doesnt have any designation of what was actually on the dyno. Also none of them were the first runs. Wich leads me to believe they are not stock runs. I am talking straight from the factory. You said it yourself

Without a big quick jump in horsepower you would not have a violent display of power. It would be a lot less noticeable. Think of it like nitrous kicking in but only a small shot. A sudden jump in horsepower is a lot more violent than a steady gain over the rpm range. That is why they were shifting early.

lol, ok man. i'll tell you this. i own one, and it's spent hours on the dyno. there is no sudden surge of power. it's just that in 04 when the bike debuted, while other bikes were falling off in power, it kept screaming to redline. the reason they shifted early wasn't to avoid a power spike. it was because the bike pulled so much harder than anything else when it came out. plain and simple. go read the old reviews for yourself and you'll see what i'm saying. i think the shifting early comments came from sportrider if i remember correctly.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 AM   #50
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

missed the edit....

meant to add, doesn't really matter what the mags say, they're ALL amazing bikes. i can't wait until 08 when the new 10r debuts, so we can have a fighting chance against the latest and greatest gixxer. hopefully it will do better in pro racing as well.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 AM   #51
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
lol, ok man. i'll tell you this. i own one, and it's spent hours on the dyno. there is no sudden surge of power. it's just that in 04 when the bike debuted, while other bikes were falling off in power, it kept screaming to redline. the reason they shifted early wasn't to avoid a power spike. it was because the bike pulled so much harder than anything else when it came out. plain and simple. go read the old reviews for yourself and you'll see what i'm saying. i think the shifting early comments came from sportrider if i remember correctly.
No doubt the 04-05 ZX10R are the nastiest liter bikes stock. I have seen some charts floating on ZX10R.net and kawiforums and they are well over 165+ rwhp stock!
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #52
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:
"Brutal and scary" were the words that most mag editors chose to describe the first gen 10r. I remember reading articles where the testers were shifting early, to stay out of the top of the powerband because the power was so violent.

gotta love that.

Quote:
These statements are very contradicting. I wasnt bashing what you said about being a good engine or bike, I was describing the engine characteristics that you describe. I am not one brand specific. But it has always been know that Kawi's and Yamaha's are less refined than other brands. But they do have their advantages. Dont take what I post so personal, it was only to describe a characteristic that you posted.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #53
Thumper
2 500cc jugs

Bike(s):
RC 51
Toilet Seat

I want to like the zx-10 so bad it hurts. The thing just doesn't fit. The Honda fits like a glove. I'm not really brand loyal at all, I love my RC51 though.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #54
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
missed the edit....

meant to add, doesn't really matter what the mags say, they're ALL amazing bikes. i can't wait until 08 when the new 10r debuts, so we can have a fighting chance against the latest and greatest gixxer. hopefully it will do better in pro racing as well.
I can predict that it would have a similar tach/speedo as the zx6, less round, shorter dual pipes, less weight and faster than anything out there, yes including the busa and zx14.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #55
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
I can predict that it would have a similar tach/speedo as the zx6, less round, shorter dual pipes, less weight and faster than anything out there, yes including the busa and zx14.

you mean it'll be an 04 05 again?? lmao.

there's been some rumors floating around the last week or so about the new on on zx-10r.net. expect to see a 6r w/ a 10r's engine.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #56
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
you mean it'll be an 04 05 again?? lmao.

there's been some rumors floating around the last week or so about the new on on zx-10r.net. expect to see a 6r w/ a 10r's engine.
Nope, I don't think so. Dual pipe is the key element in reducing emission and retaining power. Don't be surprise when they have shorty like the motogp bikes.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #57
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

My dogs name is Gixxer too. lol Back from when i had my 05 gsxr. He is a 130lb and still growing brindle Bull Mastiff. Looks like a huge pitbull. lol

Anyways, i just read in the 07 shootout in cycleworld mag that the GSXR 1000 only put down 158.8hp at the rear wheel so the 185hp rumor i was hearing is obviously not true.

In a dyno run of the 07 zx10r, the 10 put down 165hp at the rear wheel. I did my research when i bought my bike. If you want some side by side stats, there is an online shootout report of dyno runs and track results that also lists the 10r as the leader of its class.

I would say the GSXR would be my 2nd choice and the cbr my 3rd. Never have been too crazy about yamaha.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #58
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
My dogs name is Gixxer too. lol Back from when i had my 05 gsxr. He is a 130lb and still growing brindle Bull Mastiff. Looks like a huge pitbull. lol

Anyways, i just read in the 07 shootout in cycleworld mag that the GSXR 1000 only put down 158.8hp at the rear wheel so the 185hp rumor i was hearing is obviously not true.

In a dyno run of the 07 zx10r, the 10 put down 165hp at the rear wheel. I did my research when i bought my bike. If you want some side by side stats, there is an online shootout report of dyno runs and track results that also lists the 10r as the leader of its class.

I would say the GSXR would be my 2nd choice and the cbr my 3rd. Never have been too crazy about yamaha.
Check out the new issue of Road Racing World. Great magazine, probably the only unbiased american mag out there. They have a 1000cc shoot out this month and all of them gave the ZX10R (07) a 10 for having the best motor and tranny.
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #59
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Edit to above post...

Forgot to say, the 165 was off a website i saw somewhere listing dyno runs. Owners of the 10r that have actually made it to a dyno run claim it makes more power than that. They claim it is closer to the 170 mark bone stock to the rear wheel.

The 10r has been and still is the leader of the litre bikes! 04-current, it has topped the charts being described as the BADDEST 1000 available. Honda and yamaha simply cant compete with it. Suzuki is competing and stepping up but still hasnt taken the #1 spot. Maybe next year but i doubt it.

As for the 600's comment about the cbr topping the charts, id like to know where that was read? The cbr is one of the slower bikes from what i have seen. The 636 was the leader and has been the leader of the 600 class for awhile now. The 07 6r is leading the charts for the 600 class from what i have seen so far as well. Kawi has it goin on on all their bikes hands down! Talk all the trash about them you want. At the end of the day, they are still out in front! lol
Old 05-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #60
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury
Check out the new issue of Road Racing World. Great magazine, probably the only unbiased american mag out there. They have a 1000cc shoot out this month and all of them gave the ZX10R (07) a 10 for having the best motor and tranny.
SWEET!!! Im gonna go pick it up right now. Thanks for the info man! Other reviews were claiming similar results but i havent read that one yet.

I love my bike!! Only complaint, the stock dual exhaust is a little bulky and nasty looking which everyone will agree. Almost any aftermarket system takes care of that though... :icon_bigg

Advertisement