MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #21
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,261

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Johnny Cash is cool too.
especially since my last name is "Cash," so the dog's name is just "johhny."
plus he's all black.


...oh...and GSXRs rule.

-that is all-
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki ZX10 takes win at IOM TT Grinchy Taking it to the Track 6 06-10-2011 07:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #22
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Great bike, it's just getting a little porky at 466 lbs.

! my 05 10r, only weighs 418lbs w/ half a tank of gas! and makes more power too!! lol, so much for the latest and greatest.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #23
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,261

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








^^Im assuming you have CF fairings.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #24
D_UNIT
Senior Member
 
D_UNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 807

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)









Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
No doubt Gixxer RULES!!! I even named my dog gixxer.
Why b/c $hit$ on the carpet and makes a mess of everything. Those gixxers. I called my Pit R1 cant keep him from eating everything in site.
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #25
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





:(
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #26
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by D_UNIT
Why b/c $hit$ on the carpet and makes a mess of everything. Those gixxers. I called my Pit R1 cant keep him from eating everything in site.
I think he meant because it keeps humping pits!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #27
atomicmoondog
Self Made Genius
 
atomicmoondog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 54


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR









..
__________________
Would it be possible to ride so fast that you return younger than when you set out?
atomicmoondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #28
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
yep, some people just like quality bikes,
and then there are those that like posting dyno plots.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #29
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
yep, some people just like quality bikes,
and then there are those that like posting dyno plots.
HEY!!!!! Watch it! I just gotta stir the pot!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #30
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #31
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r
HOW BOUT I JUST DROP YOU IN THE POT :laughing6 :laughing6
33ern8i
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #32
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Kawasaki is still faster.

What I don't get is the HP dyno shows it at 159 and the 4pg. shows it to be 149, where in the world did they come up with 159? In mode 1/2A?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #33
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
^^Im assuming you have CF fairings.

the fairings were about 2lbs lighter than stock. my exhaust is heavier tho, because it's stainless, instead of Ti. guys with bone stock 04-05's are weighing in at 430-425lbs.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #34
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more
 
636cc of fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 509


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR









Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r
There is no doubt that Suzuki makes very good bikes, but I disagree with the statement that they have had the best motors since the GSXR 1K was introduced. For a few years the ZX-10R had the best motor. When you run them on the street, the ZX-10R, GSXR-1K, and R1 are very close with rider skill determining the winner.

I agree the 04-05 ZX10R has one of the nastiest motors ever built. That bike was very raw and untamed.
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #35
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidlos
Oh Really?



Me or Be?

Gotchya! :laughing6 :laughing6

Dont Suprise Me Either...Super Bike(s)...
Thanks for getting my back
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #36
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury
I agree the 04-05 ZX10R has one of the nastiest motors ever built. That bike was very raw and untamed.
"Brutal and scary" were the words that most mag editors chose to describe the first gen 10r. I remember reading articles where the testers were shifting early, to stay out of the top of the powerband because the power was so violent.

gotta love that.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #37
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,494

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
"Brutal and scary" were the words that most mag editors chose to describe the first gen 10r. I remember reading articles where the testers were shifting early, to stay out of the top of the powerband because the power was so violent.

gotta love that.
Not when you lowsiding violently because of the power. That is why I like gixxers because the power is sooo usable. Pluy it's agility feels like you are on a 600 instead of a litre bike until you twist the throttle.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #38
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Not when you lowsiding violently because of the power. That is why I like gixxers because the power is sooo usable. Pluy it's agility feels like you are on a 600 instead of a litre bike until you twist the throttle.

not because of lowsides, but because the power was such a huge jump from anything they had riden previously. and the 04-05 10r is said to be the most agile literbike ever made. so much so that they had to tone it down for 06-07.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #39
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To
 
Robert95z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dickinson, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 812

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD









What about the 600s? cause last I heard Honda blew everyone out of the water :topsecret
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:45 AM   #40
marlboroman71818
tramp
 
marlboroman71818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 879


Bike(s):
05 busa




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
not because of lowsides, but because the power was such a huge jump from anything they had riden previously. and the 04-05 10r is said to be the most agile literbike ever made. so much so that they had to tone it down for 06-07.

It wasnt because it had more power than anything they had ever seen, its because it had a poorly built motor and tuned powerband. Its kinda like honda and thier v-tec. Its really not that great for any type of racing that you have no power through out the rpms and then all the sudden you have a huge increase in power in the uper rpm's. It just gives you a sensation of awesome power because it is less linear and more abrupt. If Kawi would have done it right then it may have could have been the best motor IMHO.
__________________
endlessconcepts2stillv2
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy