MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #61
InFeXIoN
Member
 
InFeXIoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 84












Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Sweet. Must be nice to use modern machinery
Lol indeed it is.
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Made in Japan vs made in China BigComfy Gear Talk 36 05-27-2015 12:29 PM
People who make more $$ than and make you say wtf!?! tonyt915 Off Topic 17 09-04-2010 12:23 AM
made in the US or is it? RACER X Off Topic 12 06-24-2009 02:24 PM
Want to make a little cash? And make a good friend. gsxr005 How To's and Q & A's 20 06-12-2009 01:36 PM
Look What I Made Dreamer!! Off Topic 10 12-30-2008 10:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #62
Gigolo Jason
 
Gigolo Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Magnolia, Texas (AKA: in the woods)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,317

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C






This is a photo of one of one of my connecting rods on a crankshaft assembly.

Yes, I made this.

GJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	79104  
__________________
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
-Groucho Marx
Gigolo Jason is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #63
anatram
I love nekkid midgets
 
anatram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,257

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason View Post
This is a photo of one of one of my connecting rods on a crankshaft assembly.

Yes, I made this.

GJ
Thats either a 12p or 14p mudpump crank!
__________________
I've never had a piece of tail I didn't like, it was the woman attached to it I didn't care for.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #64
Gigolo Jason
 
Gigolo Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Magnolia, Texas (AKA: in the woods)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,317

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C






Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
Thats either a 12p or 14p mudpump crank!
It is a mud pump, but not an NOV unit. However, I do make very nice replacement crankshafts for their pumps.

GJ
__________________
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
-Groucho Marx
Gigolo Jason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #65
InFeXIoN
Member
 
InFeXIoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 84












NOV! Lol
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #66
Gigolo Jason
 
Gigolo Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Magnolia, Texas (AKA: in the woods)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,317

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C






Quote:
Originally Posted by InFeXIoN View Post
NOV! Lol
There is a saying in my business that if NOV did a better job at what they do, none of the rest of us would be in business.

GJ
__________________
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
-Groucho Marx
Gigolo Jason is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #67
InFeXIoN
Member
 
InFeXIoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 84












Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason View Post
There is a saying in my business that if NOV did a better job at what they do, none of the rest of us would be in business.

GJ
Lmao, I worked for them for 3 years. Such a dumbass company. There is so much wrong in it. I love how they keep wanting to be number 1 and every year they fall further and further back on the chart. The only reason they "stay in business" is because they buy up anything they can get their hands on, and about a year or so later they screw it all up internally then move onto the next project..
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #68
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
NOV: no other vendor.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #69
anatram
I love nekkid midgets
 
anatram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,257

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason View Post
It is a mud pump, but not an NOV unit. However, I do make very nice replacement crankshafts for their pumps.

GJ
What place is that?
__________________
I've never had a piece of tail I didn't like, it was the woman attached to it I didn't care for.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #70
anatram
I love nekkid midgets
 
anatram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,257

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy







Quote:
Originally Posted by InFeXIoN View Post
Lmao, I worked for them for 3 years. Such a dumbass company. There is so much wrong in it. I love how they keep wanting to be number 1 and every year they fall further and further back on the chart. The only reason they "stay in business" is because they buy up anything they can get their hands on, and about a year or so later they screw it all up internally then move onto the next project..
You are preaching to the choir, I quit a place because NOV had bought them. The next place I went to work for I was a year and NOV bought them as well. It was inevitable, I wound of working for them for 6 years.
__________________
I've never had a piece of tail I didn't like, it was the woman attached to it I didn't care for.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #71
InFeXIoN
Member
 
InFeXIoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 84












Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
You are preaching to the choir, I quit a place because NOV had bought them. The next place I went to work for I was a year and NOV bought them as well. It was inevitable, I wound of working for them for 6 years.
What companies did you work for?
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #72
anatram
I love nekkid midgets
 
anatram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,257

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy







Quote:
Originally Posted by InFeXIoN View Post
What companies did you work for?
DreCo, Cooper Industries, and then RJI,
__________________
I've never had a piece of tail I didn't like, it was the woman attached to it I didn't care for.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #73
InFeXIoN
Member
 
InFeXIoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 84












Yea I used to be reed hycalog up in Conroe right before NOV came and bought them then screwed everything up.
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #74
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,625

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






NOV Texas Oil Tools can't seem to get my elastomers to seal on our (Shell) coiled tubing shear seal rams, so they proposed we just skip the nitrogen pressure test alltogether....
TomballD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #75
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
NOV Texas Oil Tools can't seem to get my elastomers to seal on our (Shell) coiled tubing shear seal rams, so they proposed we just skip the nitrogen pressure test alltogether....

Doesn't work, therefore, pretend it doesn't exist?
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #76
anatram
I love nekkid midgets
 
anatram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deer Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,257

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
Doesn't work, therefore, pretend it doesn't exist?
They will definately skip a step or two if it suits them, but , don't ever mention wanting to skip someting becaus eit's a waste of your money,
__________________
I've never had a piece of tail I didn't like, it was the woman attached to it I didn't care for.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #77
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,625

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
Doesn't work, therefore, pretend it doesn't exist?
It's gonna exist when they flow back the first well with the system and the doesn't hold, hate putting my name on any of this going in the gulf.
TomballD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #78
InFeXIoN
Member
 
InFeXIoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 84












Lol Texas oil tools was right down the street from where I was.
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #79
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,268

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





i wonder if NOV is that bad, how do they continue to make money to keep buying up
an honest question, because i see them everywhere
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #80
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,075

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Do any of you guys do machine work on the side? For example, if I had a couple of lengths of 1-5/8" OD DOM tubing and wanted about 12" of the end of each turned down to 40mm...

I think there's a machine shop over by my house, but they don't do lathe work, only milling.
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy