MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #81
ninenine
cmra expert

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I love it when someone that has ZERO interest in the meet and has done ZERO to help the meet chimes in.

I agree. But multiple members including the owner have "chimed" in and their opionion is obviously ignored.

And as much as you wish there was another incentive other than the success of the meet, there isn't (though mantoe just gave me an idea). It's not like when you were whoring yourself to anyone on the forum as the "BEST SHOP IN TOWN" or "THE ONLY AND BEST TRACK ORG AROUND" just cuz they threw some free at you

I personally don't care what your incentive is. Other members have already expressed what they think it is...

Your opinion is that last one I will listen to. You have hated the Central Meet since the bigining...

Again, I agree. But what about the majority of the members who've voiced their opinions in this thread? I guess they didn't do for the meet as well? Is that why you're arguing with what they're saying?
^^^
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C December Central Meet (Last Meet 2014 - MOVED TO DEC 19TH)...Let's talk about it. NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 67 12-09-2014 03:35 PM
Supermoto Meet/Ride at MH Central Meet May 7th BYRDMAN Super Motards 23 07-13-2014 11:48 PM
Supermoto Meet/Ride at the MH Central Meet 4 Dec BYRDMAN Super Motards 14 12-05-2013 10:00 AM
C Central ride to Central Meet BYRDMAN Events, Meets and Rides 9 05-01-2013 06:45 PM
4/4/12 @645 pm meet a frys west rd ride an hour then go to central meet at freebirds skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 0 04-04-2012 03:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #82
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stache View Post
If the problem is service, simply tell Dave that he needs to bring in extra help at the bar and in the kitchen on central meet nights.
He's making fat stacks on that night and should be able to afford a couple extra staff for one evening.

He's a businessman who very likely does not want to lose business.
We have told him.

Since the first meet... When they claimed the "ran out of burgers" but the person was just lying because they did not want to keep cooking.

I think that person was fired. Then the service was ok... Then it got slow again... We mentioned it and still there are times when I'm told "we are short staffed today"... I don't ever see who is in the kitchen, but do always just see the one buslady, the two bartenders and one food runner...

This sucks because everytime I type it seems I'm badmouthing Dave's place but that is not it. It is that I want the meet to be good for everyone and for everyone to get service.

When Freebirds started running out of beer or cold beer and slipping, we had this same discussion, we moved it to refinery.

Refinery was great, then they started slipping, we again had this same discussion, we moved it to outlaw daves.

Dave's is awesome, but unfortunately it started slipping a little and so here is the discussion...It was not supposed to be one, but I guess the way the post was made it seems it was lol Which is fine, I take suggestions.

Just don't forget history. This is not something new.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #83
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:

How do you balance that?
How often is the central meet? I honestly don't recall if it's monthly or quarterly.

If it's monthly, maybe it would be worth it to pick out 3 or 4 central locations and move it around every month, not just make it one or the other. If it works out at a new place, throw it in the rotation, if it doesn't, take it out.

If the meet is only quarterly (or so), maybe add more dates in for the new place, and keep regularly scheduled stuff at OD's.

FWIW, I'm rarely opposed to trying new places out, and my opinion really probably shouldn't matter as I've only been to one meet. We did show up after it was already packed and it took a little while to get drinks at the bar, but it wasn't outside of what I would expect for a place that packed. However, I also don't know if that was an "off" or "on" night for them in terms of service.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #84
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
^^^
I'm not gonna get sucked into your bullshit, dude.

I probably would listen or pay attention to what you are saying...but...

You're a drama queen (and that's coming from me)... Have a good day, mkgixxer.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #85
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
How often is the central meet? I honestly don't recall if it's monthly or quarterly.

If it's monthly, maybe it would be worth it to pick out 3 or 4 central locations and move it around every month, not just make it one or the other. If it works out at a new place, throw it in the rotation, if it doesn't, take it out.

If the meet is only quarterly (or so), maybe add more dates in for the new place, and keep regularly scheduled stuff at OD's.

FWIW, I'm rarely opposed to trying new places out, and my opinion really probably shouldn't matter as I've only been to one meet. We did show up after it was already packed and it took a little while to get drinks at the bar, but it wasn't outside of what I would expect for a place that packed. However, I also don't know if that was an "off" or "on" night for them in terms of service.
The rotation idea was already thrown out there. Some people shut it down... I kinda like it, but I am iffy on it.

I have always follow the concept of the meets to remain consistent, consisntently every month on the first Wednesday of the month, consistant post, consistant spot, and consistant prizes...

That is what attracts people and makes them get used to the idea of what to do that day of the month and where. Then once there, make sure they all have a good time and experience.

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by NewRider; 05-28-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #86
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:

I also talk to a lot of people during the meet and the complaint has always been the slow service.

So ignore the few people that want to stay or ignore the bigger number of people that tell me things during the meet?

The people you "talk" to @ the meet... They're members on mh? Just curious as to why I don't see them complaining in this thread. Mainly I just see people sticking up for OD and showing interest in staying.

Quote:
This sucks because everytime I type it seems I'm badmouthing Dave's place but that is not it. It is that I want the meet to be good for everyone and for everyone to get service.

Dave's is awesome, but unfortunately it started slipping a little and so here is the discussion...It was not supposed to be one, but I guess the way the post was made it seems it was lol Which is fine, I take suggestions.
Okay. It's okay to express your views, but don't argue with every answer IVAN doesn't like. Seems to me the suggestions are already there...
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #87
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
The rotation idea was already thrown out there. Some people shut it down... I kinda like it, but I am iffy on it.

I have always follow the concept of the meets to remain consistent, consisntently every month on the first friday of the month, consistant post, consistant spot, and consistant prizes...

That is what attracts people and makes them get used to the idea of what to do that day of the month and where. Then once there, make sure they all have a good time and experience.
Yeah, I agree with you on consistency being a good thing, especially when people get used to just showing up without having to check where it's going to be.

Whatever you do, there's going to be push-back somewhere, but that doesn't mean trying something new is a bad idea. Either way, I'll try and make it out on the 4th after our club meeting.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #88
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
This is a good and bad!

Good as it moves us more into the washington street action (poon) bad because that little place isnt going to be able to handle the amount of ppl....my opinion though

now we just gotta get you riding again....You gonna make me some money out at Race Wars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
For the record, I welcome comments and change, however I'm just not sure this will handle us better than Outlaw Dave. TO THIS DATE, I don't think anyone/place has been better to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1 View Post
I would have to agree, and the traffic on that part of Washington is not very bike friendly......
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF View Post
+1 .
I have been to both locations and several of the great Central Meets. Dave's is the way to go. Winston's is pretty tiny. But either way you do it I'm sure it will be good. Hope to make the next one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Maybe we could ask Dave to do a special menu for us. I don't want to leave OD's.
He's got plenty of parking, it's easy access and he's been good to us.
Plus we get radio coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
I like winstons...but if you think the service at Outlaws will be slow...Winstons will be SLOW...not to mention the LACK of parking will DESTROY this meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
Winstons is way too small for a central meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably cant even fit 20 bikes.
For the record... These are the people that are in disagreement with the move..

Though solracer can go both ways (as we all know he does)

J.R is a big supporter
Byrdman is there just about most of the time
Griff I have not seen in a while
Bumblebee I think after the first one I have not seen him
NeonSamurai is always there...but I know he will still have a good time at Winston's
iDazzle shows up here and there...

So it's split, three constant and three here and theres... So that accounts for the people that post on here and show up.

there are people like
Mr. P
Rykoson
KrazyKris
chris 5.0
and a few more that have not chimed in that have expressed a desire to move venues.

Not to mention the countless other that have not even heard of MH and just show up with their friends...Or the ones that are on here and just look for the post of when the meet is without a second thought about venue.

these are the things that are infront of me. I made this post as a heads up and buzz to let ya'll know the plan for this central meet. Sure there is push back, like always.

If it fails, you can say I told you so... and we can go back to daves. It won't be the end of the world lol

I have a feeling that you will be pleasently surprised.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #89
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Rotation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaeza View Post
It doesn't sound (to me) like "leaving," but rotating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
I'm requesting another $20 all you can eat crawfish meet.

Winston's does seem tiny but I'll go almost wherever the meet goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfireman View Post
Change of place maybe good. Look at what places we been each one been better than last. So Im all for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographer View Post
Im also pretty tired of the outrageous service. Dont get me wrong I like the spot. But long wait times for full price food/drink... not to mention only one bartender most nights. Gets old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
I didn't even get a drink the fist time I went into outlaw Dave's. It was to slow and the girls only paid attention to people sitting. As someone who went to this last meet for the first time. I wouldn't go to another one at Dave's :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
I like Dave's , but their should be a rotation of spots. Mix it up, and we can always go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
+1 to rotate. Been to Dave's twice, good atmosphere but the service sucks.

Waiting 10+ minutes for the employee to twist the top off a beer and hand it to me gets old fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung View Post
+1 on Tiffany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
my .02

we went to Dave's this last meet and went to order food.. the server said dont matter what you order it will be at least 1 hour before you get it..... so i just got a soda and left to go eat somewhere else...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post

These are the people that agree or have no problem with a move

TMaX - Is there all the time and actually the first one to discover outlaw dave's...it says something when he says it't time to maybe try something new
Zaeza - New girl that went last time and is indiferent it seems
AlleyKat- I think I have only seen a few times there
shfireman -consinstent person that has been to all the meets since the begining
Coolhandsluke- twice but doesn't like service
photographer - sparatic goer
Pachuco - Consistent person and old school with the others
Yillbs - his comment speaks for itself
Hung -Consistent and been there since the other spots too
Bounce- just came back recently
Jae - first time

It seems there are more in agreement than you guys think.

almost the same ratio on attendance as the others...

When putting these together these are the things you need to consider...

does this become a bit more clear to you guys now?

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #90
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

They get one shot. Let's try it.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #91
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Maybe you crybabies could have it at Chuck E. Cheese's on Weslayan. They have a huge parking lot and the venue seems appropriate.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #92
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
This guy ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Maybe you crybabies could have it at Chuck E. Cheese's on Weslayan. They have a huge parking lot and the venue seems appropriate.

I'm still waiting to see you at one of these, oldman.

closest I got was that one ride we do not speak of...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #93
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
This guy ^

I'm still waiting to see you at one of these, oldman.

closest I got was that one ride we do not speak of...
Unless I burn a vacation day work gets in the way
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #94
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Can we have it on Thursdays or even friday. This Wednesday ain't happening...
Old 05-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #95
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Hope it turns out well for mh. Unfortunately, I can't make this one due to work. See you guys @ OD at the next one
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #96
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Unless I burn a vacation day work gets in the way
dew it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantoe View Post
Can we have it on Thursdays or even friday. This Wednesday ain't happening...
What's the incentive?

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #97
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

i say move it, but to somewhere where they can handle 100+ bikes. This is the time of the year that allot of people ride and the central meet will only get bigger. I remember Nancy (mr. P's wife) saying of a place that can accommodate everyone and has a huge parking lot. http://www.thedogwoodmidtown.com/

I also agree most people that posted in here never really go. A change of venue is good and Dave can realize how important we are and will hire some staff when we return.

Last edited by Chris_5.0; 05-28-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #98
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

IM gonan tell Tiffany i want a special table that gets fast service LOL
Old 05-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #99
Donte
Im The Dreaded One

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GS500F

Member Garage

I think we should try a different place, just for a change of scenery. I have never order anything from OD but have seen it take well over an hour for food. I personally go to the central meet not to eat but to hang out. If anyone had a problem with the service not being fast enough then they should have eaten before they go there knowing that it could be a while. I like the idea of a rotation of venues, in which we could hold the meet at one spot for 3 or 4 months so its some what consistent then move it. The hardest part is just having a big enough place that is "central" for everyone. If the meet was moved to Chuck E. Cheese's I would still have a blast.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #100
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
i say move it, but to somewhere where they can handle 100+ bikes. This is the time of the year that allot of people ride and the central meet will only get bigger. I remember Nancy (mr. P's wife) saying of a place that can accommodate everyone and has a huge parking lot. http://www.thedogwoodmidtown.com/

I also agree most people that posted in here never really go. A change of venue is good and Dave can realize how important we are and will hire some staff when we return.
Dogwood has plenty of people space but would be horrible for bike parking unless they have an empty lot.

HALFFAST GROUP

Advertisement