MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
racer43

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trey Walker ECR and HMRC race Reports and Thanks!!

ECR Race Report (better late than never),

I was able to get Trey up to ECR Friday afternoon for practice with LSTD. Before this weekend Trey had never ridden the long course at ECR. With help from Jimmy C and Ryan Andrews we were able to get the RS150R and the SV650s suspension and gearing dialed in. Many thanks to Steve McNamara and the LSTD crew for the much needed track time.

Trey ran a total of nine classes on three different bikes over the two day event. On Saturday Trey ran Formula 5 and 6 on his RM65 Motard. After a great battle with Allan Boyd in Formula 5 Trey scored wins in both classes. In ESS and Formula 4 Trey scored 9th and 8th place finishes on his RS150R. The Ride Smart is a little down on top speed to the EX250s that dominate these classes but Trey never gives up.
Sunday morning we started the day with a wet track Trey skipped the first round of practice to let the track dry out a bit more. The first race of the day was D Superstock. The track was still damp in places but Trey rode to a solid 5th place finish. Up next in Formula 2 he got a great start and finally finished in 3rd place. In D Superbike Trey got his usual great start and battled his way to his first win on the SV650!! He followed that up with a solid 3rd place finish in Lightweight Twins. The last race of the day was Formula 3. Trey rode the wheels off of the RS150R on the long course to finish in 6th place.

Man what a weekend! Trey is fast gaining the respect of his fellow racers. I donít think they look at him as an 11 year old kid anymore. They all see him as a solid competitor. Good job Kido!!

HMRC Race Report,

As some of you may already know Trey had an accident at school the Monday before Hallett. He did a face plant after jumping over a railing resulting in a geezed up face and what we understood to be a hairline fracture in his forearm and a sprained wrist. With Hallett being a combined WERA National Challenge Sprint round and a qualifier for the WERA GNF Trey was worried that he would not be able to ride. The Doctor put him in a hard splint and said he would get a cast next week. Trey vowed that he would ride at Hallett though. We decided that he could ride if he felt up to it but he had to pull in if he got lapped.

Friday rolled around and Trey decided not to ride the SV. He decided to just ride the RM65 and the RS150R to get used to the new surface.
Saturday morning started off bad with the RM65 seizing in practice. We quickly put numbers and the transponder on my CRF100 pit bike and got it teched (it was already safety wired). Trey went out on the CRF and finished 2nd and 4th in Formula 5 and 6. In doing so he managed to hold on to the points lead in both classes. In ESS and Formula 4 Trey finished 12th and 9th on the RS150 R. it turns out that the Ride Smart put his wrist in a bind making it fairly painful to ride so he skipped the Solo30.

Sunday morning Trey got his first practice on the SV, he came in saying he felt pretty good and that his arm was feeling fine. The first race of the day was D Superstock combined with WERAs Lightweight Twins Superstock. I reminded him that if he got lapped that he should pull in. The lights went out and Trey got a great start and led the field into turn one. I thought to myself WOW Kim is going to kill me if he doesnít slow down. When he came out onto the front strait in the lead I thought to myself WOW Kim is really going to kill me now. Trey ended up finishing 2nd after a great battle with Isachar Perez. Trey came in with a big smile on his face and said that his arm felt fine. He followed that up with 2nd place finishes in Formula 2 and Lightweight Twins. Formula 2 was also a combined WERA race. After the lunch break Trey scored a 7th place finish in the combined WERA/CMRA Formula 3 race on the RS150R. Treyís final two races of the day were D Superbike and Heavyweight Twins. He doesnít normally run Heavyweight Twins but it was a WERA qualifier. This is where I screwed up. I should have put a new tire on the bike after lunch but I didnít expect him to be going as hard as he was. By the time I realized that was too late to change it. He ended up 4th in D Superbike and 5th in Heavyweight Twins.
In the end it was a great weekend. Trey showed a lot of heart riding with what we thought was a small hairline fracture in his arm. He had great results in all of his classes and qualified for the WERA GNF in four classes Lightweight Twins Superstock, Formula 2, and Heavyweight Twins on the SV and Formula 3 on the Ride Smart. We also found out that he will be allowed to enter their Super Mini class on the Ride Smart. He is very much looking forward to riding a Barber and competing for a National Championship.

Now the rest of the story, Trey had his follow up Doctor Appointment yesterday for his arm. It turns out that both bones in his forearm have fractures and one of those is a buckle fracture of the Radius bone. He is now sporting a neon green cast on his left arm for the next six weeks. The first thing he did when we got home was to see if he could still grip a handlebar with the cast. He can but he may need a larger glove to fit over the cast.

Trey would like to thank the following people for their help and advice, without that help he would not be here.

Ryan Andrews, Thank you for the advice in getting the Ride Smart setup at ECR!
Shawn Wright, Thank you for the fast SV650 for this season!
Steve McNamara and Lone Star Track Days, Thank you for the much needed track time!
John Hutchinson and South Central Race Center thank you for the unbelievable Pirelli Tires!
Jimmy Cambora, Thank you for the suspension work and the magic bounces!
Eric Wood and Woodcraft, Thank you for the very cool parts!
Mike Paterson and Totally Graphic Designs, Thank you for making my bikes look great!
PSR, Thank you for the Support!
Vesrah brakes, Thanks for the stopping power!
VP fuels, Thank you for the fast gas!

And as always many thanks to the CMRA staff and corner workers for all their hard work!

Dads Note: I am very proud of you Son and I love you very much! You are my Hero!
Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA)
(254) 644-9393
racer43 is offline   Reply With Quote