MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
ninenine
cmra expert

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Round 4 Hallet Race Report & Thanks!

Well guys, round4 of the Cmra championship is in the books and it's been a fun ride so far.

This round was @ Hallett. For those who don't know, Hallett is in Oklahoma and it takes roughly 9 hours to get there. Planning this trip I got with Paul Garcia, Mark Schim and Joey. Couldn't have planned it better. We used the Halffast trailer to haul all the bikes. I believe we had 7 or 8 in there. Paul and I would leave Thursday at lunch after we ate some lunch at Kpop. Thanks Mark for the lunch! We arrived at the track at 11:30. Being that the gates lock at 10... Paul and I slept in the truck parked out front, until the gates reopened.

Friday morning we signed in and got our pit setup and started getting ready for practice. Being that we haven't rode this track before, we knew learning the lines and flow would be crucial. It took a good 3-4 sessions to learn the track and start pushing now for speed and finding good brake markers. Mark and Joey flew in and then Mark started working on learning the track as well. After a long day of practice Friday, we were all whooped! We all talked and decided we all wante a nice steak for dinner. So after we left the track, we all wen to roadhouse to eat some steaks and share stories. Mark & Joey offered Paul and I a plav to stay with them at their hotel. So Paul and I decided to do that. Thank you, Mark & Joey for your generosity.

Saturday I decided to race the solo30 for extra seat time and I just wanted to race some more. The solo 30 is a 22lap race. While I was drinking a lot of water and relaxing to get ready for it, Paul, Mark am Joey were making sure my tire pressure, warmers, fuel and everything else with the bike was superb. The race started and it was pretty wild. Seeing everyone of all different skill levels funnel into the first turn was nuts. 3 laps into the Rae there was atleast 7 crashes causing a red flag. After the people injured were attended to, the race director decided to shorten the race now to 8 laps. It was a fun race and I found myself in 2nd place and coming up on the guy in my class leading. On the last lap I was pushing to make the pass but my rear tire was toast. Each time I would really roll on the gas, the bike would go sideways and almost highside me. I decided to settle for second and be smart.

Saturday after my race and Marks race, we stayed to watch the 6 hour endurance. It was a blast watching! After the endurance, we all went and had some nice Italian food and headed back to our hotel. Needing a drink, we all went to the bar in the hotel and had a beer and shared some more cool stories amongst one another.

Sunday morning sprint!

I know I've already talked a lot, so I'll make this part short. Tim Rose and I had some pretty good battles again here @ Hallett and it was a blast. I was able to get 1 win and 3 second place finishes. In 1 of my races I think we could have had another win, but unfortunately a lapper got in the way while I was fixing to execute the pass. Oh well, that's racing and I had fun. That's why I do it.

Race results for Sunday

CSS-2nd
CSB-1st
BSS-2nd
BSB-2nd

My first time racing/riding Hallet and I can't wait to go back.
THANK YOU Mark Schim, Joey and Paul Garcia for all the help this weekend. All of you guys rock! Congrats to you both as well on your races and it's fun watching you guys ride.

Mark, Joey, and Paul... You all are great friends and you guys made my weekend great!

Thank you to all of my sponsors (they're in my signature) for all the help this year. It's been a great season so far and I'm looking forward to round 5 @ ECR.

Mike
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul

Last edited by ninenine; 05-20-2014 at 09:30 AM.
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post: