Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #41
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by megavovan View Post
We may be stinky mofos, but you, sir, are running rich fuel mix and have oil leak
No, I just ride Italian twins.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who here has worn perforated black leather gear in summer? Mustapha Gear Talk 21 01-28-2015 01:39 AM
Best Summer Leather pants morvegil Gear Talk 3 03-15-2011 03:59 PM
good for leather jacket for summer? Gryphin Gear Talk 18 04-10-2009 08:53 PM
Leather in the Summer? Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-08-2009 08:19 PM
Leather or Textile for summer?? marimirez Gear Talk 33 06-06-2007 07:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #42
SourDieselX
B.O.N.C

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R6

all i know is i sweated my off today in my leather jacket....
BONC Founder - Member #1
Out Noob Crew
SourDieselX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 AM   #43
BlueNinja650

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
ATGATT I never ride without one. Out of all the injuries I've sustained in my life from broken bones, lacerations, etc etc road rash is by far the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life. Sustained that from the pavement grinding through my gear/cloths. Last thing I thought about sitting on the curb with a broken wrist and shins was how hot it was.

I ride everyday so I guess I just get use to the heat and it doesn't bother me much. I sweat but my jackets have never really built up an odor so I've never had to try and clean them.
I will tell you as a burn patient that road rash is right up there with a 3rd degree burn. I had a burn as a result of an overheating laptop (instant overheat), spent 2 days in Blocker Burn Unit @ UTMB- and just with the relatively small area, developed MRSA.

I don't care how hot it is, I am wearing my leather. I don't ever want to have an open wound like that burn EVER again. Every person has staph on their skin. Give it an opening (like road rash) and it will take every avenue it can to get into the blood stream.

I spent 3 months going to daily visits to the burn unit - just to get it to heal up. It took less than 2 days for the major infection to set in.

When it was hotter than (and humid as ) today, I was in my leather. That one burn (and road rash as a kid) was enough to convince me!
BlueNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #44
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourDieselX View Post
all i know is i sweated my off today in my leather jacket....
Yeah, I did too. So with it being 'perfed, the faster I rode to get airflow ;-)
Old 05-24-2014, 01:21 AM   #45
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Here is one of my summer jackets (can take out the inner liner, as well) http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...leather-jacket

Bought @ 2 Wheel Toyz
Old 05-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #46
MoreyFan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster

Today wasn't that bad. I rode in perfed leather jacket and leather gloves. When the hairdryer turns on thus August I will be looking for relief or riding where/when I am less likely to dip under 30.

The good thing is if you get a few minutes at 80, the sweat you build up will go away. The bad thing is if you are wearing a nice shirt you will be less than presentable.
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-24-2014, 02:23 AM   #47
Marxalot

Bike(s):
2005 DR-Z400SM
2005 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja650 View Post
Here is one of my summer jackets (can take out the inner liner, as well) http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...leather-jacket

Bought @ 2 Wheel Toyz
Was it roughly the same price there as on Revzilla? Because I'd love to go get one (or something similar) in a few months if they're not like $100 more.
Marxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #48
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marxalot View Post
Was it roughly the same price there as on Revzilla? Because I'd love to go get one (or something similar) in a few months if they're not like $100 more.
Wanting to say it was a bit cheaper than Revzilla. I had to get a Eu 64/Us 54 and it was there the next day. I love that jacket. It has the liner for the winter, but zips right out for spring/fall/summer use, has perfs, and zippered vents @ the shoulders.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #49
Marxalot

Bike(s):
2005 DR-Z400SM
2005 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja650 View Post
Wanting to say it was a bit cheaper than Revzilla. I had to get a Eu 64/Us 54 and it was there the next day. I love that jacket. It has the liner for the winter, but zips right out for spring/fall/summer use, has perfs, and zippered vents @ the shoulders.
Awesome. I'll have to go check them out one day in the future.

I'd really rather not take a shot in the dark on ordering a $400+ leather jacket online, so I'm fine with dropping a couple bucks on a place that lets me try it on.
Marxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #50
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

I've been riding sportbikes since 1992 and although there are still people that squid it up it seems like there are more and more responsible geared up riders out there even in this heat. I credit MH for a lot of this. Great job everyone!
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #51
Texasbeast

It's hottttt today!!
Texasbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #52
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Just another reason I almost quit riding street/commuting. Well this and I have kids to live for.
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #53
Texasbeast

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Just another reason I almost quit riding street/commuting. Well this and I have kids to live for.
It's addictive though huh?
Texasbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:07 AM   #54
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Last fall I threw out about 4k in gear @ 2 Wheel Toyz. When I ordered a suit that I thought I would like (it was a new design Alpinestars that zipped to the side of the chest instead of up the middle), and it didn't work well, Jack took it back, exchanged it and ordered me a new suit. When his suppliers did not have the SP suit in stock, he called Alpinestars and got the last 64 they had. Exchanged with no problem. They measure you pretty good (if you are a bigger guy, thats good), if you are average size, chances are they have the jacket in stock. Come to think it, I think my Jaws jacket was in stock already-- the GP Pro was the one that they ordered and had in a couple of days. I have found 2 Wheel Toyz is much easier to deal with than CycleGear or some of the motorcycle dealers who carry Alpinestars or can order..... When I needed thinner jaw pads in my Shoei helmet, they gave me a call when the Shoei rep was there and swapped them out on the spot. When it comes to gear, I only go to 2 Wheel Toyz.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:05 AM   #55
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
lysol
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement