MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #1
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

bent spokes and wheel out of true. Have some ?'s

I just bought an 06 kx250f. Almost all the rear spokes were loose. There are a few bent spokes too. I went through and tightened down all the spokes. I can't get them tight enough. When I tap them some still sound dull. The few that are bent wont even turn. When I spin th wheel it has a slight dip. Can anyone reccomend a
ny good shops that can replace a few spokes and true the wheel? Around how much should i look at paying? Better yet, is anyone her good at doing this that wants to make some $? Thanks in advance.
CMRA #927
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front wheel, how bent is bent? Hypnotik How To's and Q & A's 6 01-25-2014 03:32 AM
bent wheel agentorange General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-17-2009 03:22 PM
bent wheel The_Gunslinger General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 02-27-2009 01:29 PM
bent wheel speedracer2536 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-22-2008 09:03 PM
Where can I get my bent wheel straightened? Wormgear General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-01-2008 01:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

How many are loose and how bad is it? Might be cheaper to take the tire/tube off yourself, get some bolt cutters and buy all new spokes. Then have Motorcycles Unlimited just lace it up from scratch. A shop will have to do the same and charge u for that when its really easy to do yourself. Or u can even true it yourself. If the spokes keep spinning and wont tighten down they need to be replaced.

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

this^^^^^ dont let the relacing intimidate you, just take a photo, clip em out and buy a new set, they are cheap, what costs is the re-lacing and truing.
You CAN do it yourself as its very easy, watch a video or two and have at it.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Ive found 2 so far that just keep spinning. The has a very slight wobble to the right. Maybe an 1/8 of an inch or so. I was lookimg at it this morning an the tire on the right side doesnt look like its sitting in thr bead. About an 8"long spot. Im gonna try pumpimg it up with air to see if it seats. That way I can get a better idea of how out of true the wheel is. Is it a bad idea to ride on an mx track with two loose spokes??
CMRA #927
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement