MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #21
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Geeze - this is way off - - - For some reason I though he wanted a tire that could flatten more beer cans in one passing than the stock tire. Suddenly everyone is talking HP and friction.
He wants better balance and traction. So - - - - if you hit and entire six pack with one of these tires - obviously you are still going to have a lot of tire left on the road and you won't slip on all that messy beer.

So - using physics (MH type Physics) it's clear that wider tires are better because you don't "slip" (absence of traction) and "fall down" (absence of balance) on squashed beer cans. It's not a question of what's better. It's a question of how to strap a sixer of beer to your bike so it doesn't fall off and get run under by a narrow tire.

Get the tire kid. Park next to an R1 any time. Just tell him you won't fall down as easy as he will if your out crushing Bud. He'll be the one with the case of 阴茎羡慕 after that.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupid question Lokati General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-23-2011 12:33 AM
Stupid question but... Bigmarky Off Topic 7 06-24-2009 12:53 PM
really really really stupid question squiddymcsquid Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 04-22-2008 11:26 PM
Ask A Stupid Question, Get a Stupid Answer DvlRacer Off Topic 74 02-11-2008 05:38 PM
Stupid question! Flying Scot Off Topic 12 02-25-2007 11:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #22
Shaunpe

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'12 Ninja 250r - sold
'13 CBR 500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Geeze - this is way off - - - For some reason I though he wanted a tire that could flatten more beer cans in one passing than the stock tire. Suddenly everyone is talking HP and friction.
He wants better balance and traction. So - - - - if you hit and entire six pack with one of these tires - obviously you are still going to have a lot of tire left on the road and you won't slip on all that messy beer.

So - using physics (MH type Physics) it's clear that wider tires are better because you don't "slip" (absence of traction) and "fall down" (absence of balance) on squashed beer cans. It's not a question of what's better. It's a question of how to strap a sixer of beer to your bike so it doesn't fall off and get run under by a narrow tire.

Get the tire kid. Park next to an R1 any time. Just tell him you won't fall down as easy as he will if your out crushing Bud. He'll be the one with the case of 阴茎羡慕 after that.
Thanks for the answer but i'm not a kid and i never said that i want another tire.
Riding a 250 just got me thinking how could it be with a wider one..
Shaunpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #23
Track_Graphics

Experience: 10+ years

Old dood Shuanpe-
It was a troll post. Just having fun, ya know, spilled six pack 'n all..........

I figure that Japanese Bike Manufactures have thousands of engineers that study all the variables of riding bikes all day long. And I'm sure there's literally millions of man hours that went into studying and testing the out of the tires. I used to work in a facility like that. I'm sure they picked the right tire for the way the bike is instructed to be ridden. But I change junk on my bikes all the time. Tires are cheap. Buy a different one and find out how it feels to you. Some people like them, some don't.

I was just being goofy.

Advertisement