MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

a TxDOT Moto crash victim memorial sign

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...cycle-crashes/

Motorcycle safety is a serious issue in Texas. There were 429 motorcyclists (operators and passengers) killed in 2010. This program allows the family or friends of victims of persons killed while riding or operating a motorcycle the opportunity to purchase a sign to be placed near the site of a crash.

The Memorial Sign, bearing the name(s) of the victim(s), serves to commemorate loved ones while raising awareness of motorcycle safety.

Eligibility

To be eligible for a Memorial Sign for Victims of Motorcycle Crashes:

A police officer’s crash report or another government document must indicate that the person was killed while operating or riding on a motorcycle.
We may request a copy of the report if it does not exist in our files.
The crash must have occurred on the state highway system.

State crash data is only available for the last five years. For crashes that happened more than five years ago, the applicant will need to provide an official document that shows that the crash involved a person killed while operating or riding on a motorcycle.

For more detailed information on eligibility and other aspects of the program, please see the program rules.

Sign Location and Display

TxDOT will install a Memorial Sign as close as is practical to the location of the crash. Final placement will be based on traffic safety and space availability.

Each Memorial Sign will have a blue background and a white legend displaying the following elements:

A red cross
“In Memory of”
One line of text (limited length) with the name(s) of the victim(s) or the family name of the victims, if they shared the same last name
Date of the crash

Sign Fee

The cost to the applicant for a Memorial Sign for Victims of Motorcycle Crashes is $350, payable to TxDOT after the application has been approved. The sign will be installed only after payment of the fee, which defrays the cost of the personalized sign panel.

An installed sign will remain in place for a period of one year. At the end of this time, it will be offered to the applicant. The applicant will have 30 days, from the time contacted, to make arrangements to pick up the sign. After that time period, the sign will be recycled. The sign panel is aluminum and measures 48″ by 42″.

Application

A person may apply for a Memorial Sign for the victim of a motorcycle crash by completing anapplication which must contain the following information:

Victim(s’) name(s)
Crash date and location
Applicant name and contact information
Name of motorcycle operator or rider involved in the crash
A copy of the crash report attached to your application, if you wish to expedite processing

To apply for a memorial sign, please complete the application form. You may return the form by fax to (512) 416-3214. You may also mail the completed form to:

Texas Department of Transportation
Traffic Operations Division
125 E. 11th Street
Austin, TX 78701-2483

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post: