Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #21
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,903

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


and here it is...

http://www.motohouston.com/chris/URB...RD/URBANDB.wmv
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supermoto Hill Country Pic Thread BYRDMAN Super Motards 9 02-23-2013 09:21 PM
2004 wr450 supermoto build thread kdog22 Super Motards 156 01-14-2013 11:45 AM
After a year or so, have you ever gone back and read your own introduction thread? cdill35 Off Topic 31 03-12-2009 08:06 PM
Sat 12:32am and Squoddy hits up the introduction thread CaligoneTx Off Topic 24 01-03-2009 02:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #22
mnovell
Senior Member
 
mnovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 336

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 BMW S1000R (White)
'14 Honda Grom
'99 KX500
'99 RM125






..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill

You like working over riding? I mean I really doubt when you are an old man you are going to say to yourself "man I wished I worked more and did less track days." I really doubt it"
mnovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #23
Schwartz
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7


Bike(s):
SXV 450









1st post...

I saw a link to motohouston from XRCajun on another forum and just joined up here.

I ride an SXV 450. I'm loking foward to beeting fellow SuMo riders in the area. I've yet to see another one on the road around here...


If anyone is interested, AF1 Racing in New Braunfels is having their annual open house with the Aprilia demo truck and group rides through the hill country this weekend.

Click here for more info:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/
Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #24
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Side
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,189

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz
I saw a link to motohouston from XRCajun on another forum and just joined up here.

I ride an SXV 450. I'm loking foward to beeting fellow SuMo riders in the area. I've yet to see another one on the road around here...


If anyone is interested, AF1 Racing in New Braunfels is having their annual open house with the Aprilia demo truck and group rides through the hill country this weekend.

Click here for more info:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/
You should have been watching up on the west Loop at 5AM this Wednesday and Today. I rode right by you.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #25
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets
 
TxSandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rosenberg
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,136

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650






Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
Awesome,Chris.
Does that bike have knobbies still?
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #26
Schwartz
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7


Bike(s):
SXV 450









Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSandman
Awesome,Chris.
Does that bike have knobbies still?
Nope. It comes setup for the street. The RXV is the dual-sport.
Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #27
Schwartz
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7


Bike(s):
SXV 450









Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun
You should have been watching up on the west Loop at 5AM this Wednesday and Today. I rode right by you.

Heh, you don't have to worry about waiving to me at that time!


You are a braver soul than I to ride on 610.
Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #28
Schwartz
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7


Bike(s):
SXV 450









Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSandman
Awesome,Chris.
Does that bike have knobbies still?

Nevermind, I thought you were talking to me. Then I realized you wouldn't have known my first name. Duh.

I supppose you do now though!

Anyhow, disregard my post.
Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #29
jmd4x4
Member
 
jmd4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rosenberg TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
XR650R motard, FZ1









Hi my name is james and I have a XR650R, I am in the prosses of motarding the bike and getting it street legal. I have met Squanto84 and seen his bikes and rode his XR. I know this is not much of a intro but its late so I am making it short.
See yall later
jmd
jmd4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #30
mnovell
Senior Member
 
mnovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 336

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 BMW S1000R (White)
'14 Honda Grom
'99 KX500
'99 RM125






Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd4x4
Hi my name is james and I have a XR650R, I am in the prosses of motarding the bike and getting it street legal. I have met Squanto84 and seen his bikes and rode his XR. I know this is not much of a intro but its late so I am making it short.
See yall later
jmd
Welcome!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill

You like working over riding? I mean I really doubt when you are an old man you are going to say to yourself "man I wished I worked more and did less track days." I really doubt it"
mnovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 AM   #31
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Side
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,189

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)









Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd4x4
Hi my name is james and I have a XR650R, I am in the prosses of motarding the bike and getting it street legal. I have met Squanto84 and seen his bikes and rode his XR. I know this is not much of a intro but its late so I am making it short.
See yall later
jmd
Hey JMD wecome. Hurry up and get that XR cranked up and lets go ride!
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #32
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun
Hey JMD wecome. Hurry up and get that XR cranked up and lets go ride!
Oh, I wanna see pics of that ride! I signed up for the AMA Supermoto cornerworking end of the year at GrandSport Speedway and can't wait. I always enjoy seeing Motards at the trackdays. Just sweet. We should get the tires for our XR100 today and then we'll have a little Motard as well. I just seriously doubt I can drift it. ... ever! :laughing6
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #33
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
Oh, I wanna see pics of that ride! I signed up for the AMA Supermoto cornerworking end of the year at GrandSport Speedway and can't wait. I always enjoy seeing Motards at the trackdays. Just sweet. We should get the tires for our XR100 today and then we'll have a little Motard as well. I just seriously doubt I can drift it. ... ever! :laughing6
i get my tires in today as well

and you'll be drifting around before you know it. practice makes perfect. i'm gonna go take my crf100 to a big parking lot somewhere, and get the feel for it.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #34
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
and you'll be drifting around before you know it. practice makes perfect. i'm gonna go take my crf100 to a big parking lot somewhere, and get the feel for it.
You don't have to drift into turns on a Motard, do you?

I mean, and lets ask the experts here :notworthy , can you ride a Motard like any other bike or will it eventually have to be drifted?
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #35
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
You don't have to drift into turns on a Motard, do you?

I mean, and lets ask the experts here :notworthy , can you ride a Motard like any other bike or will it eventually have to be drifted?
you can ride it like a regular bike.....just ride it a little looser though.....it will slide around on you either way, that's what i've been told
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #36
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..
 
Squanto84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,384

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Yeah, ride it like a dirtbike.. best if you have some past experience powersliding on dirt with knobbies, at least in my opinion. I've just gotten power slides a little on the XR.. you really need a lot of front brake to slide the rear into a corner.
__________________
Roadracing a dirtbike..? Now that's just stupid! -Dad
Squanto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #37
jmd4x4
Member
 
jmd4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rosenberg TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
XR650R motard, FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84
Yeah, ride it like a dirtbike.. best if you have some past experience powersliding on dirt with knobbies, at least in my opinion. I've just gotten power slides a little on the XR.. you really need a lot of front brake to slide the rear into a corner.

Ya you got a power slide alright out there one the grass.

later
jmd
jmd4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #38
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..
 
Squanto84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,384

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





haha, FUN-NY JMD, yeah he's talking about 2 saturdays ago, CHAOS_MAGIC_MAN and I were riding back to Solracer's b-day bash, and CHAOS got a flat, so we limped his back to my place.. Well as I was riding in the grass with him, trying to spot holes and stuff, I gassed a little when i shifted to 2nd, and .... LOWSIDE! yeah I was cracking up inside my helmet.. Remember, I have street/trackday tires on my bike, and grass had dew on it, and we were riding the side of a shallow ditch along hwy 288 at like 12:30AM. fun stuff!

Anyways did anyone else see the KTM supermoto (supposedly orange) that was doing trackday in the morning session at the BBQ? I missed it, but heard about it through others. I had the CRF out there with the mini-moto guys for a while, breaking in the new tires..
BTW Welcome to the motohouston family, JMD4x4!!
__________________
Roadracing a dirtbike..? Now that's just stupid! -Dad

Last edited by Squanto84; 06-17-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Squanto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy