MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #41
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Re: LSTD 6/3 and CMRA Race 6/4-6/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
I had no desire to get timed, haha... I had so much working against me that I was just out there for the fun of it this time. No competitive nature in me this trackday.

Although, when I passed the GSXR1000 on the outside of Big Bend that ruled... and the time I dragged the 600RR down the straight after Little Bend, that ruled as well, hahaha.
and youre on an F4I right?
yep... i was cornerworking at bigbend... i was like... *
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 LSTD Endurance Race Bike tomLSTD General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 04-09-2009 04:14 PM
Pics are up July 4 weekend LSTD/ CMRA tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 4 07-11-2008 08:28 AM
MSR/LSTD/CMRA ROLL CALL 7/4 CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 33 07-03-2008 01:20 PM
LSTD + CMRA Cornerworker at your disposal Swift E Taking it to the Track 33 07-20-2007 08:55 AM
LSTD event benefitting injured CMRA rider. MacMan/LSTD Taking it to the Track 7 08-22-2005 09:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #42
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
well 1:32's* :eh:* not bad for my first day i guess.*
heard you went curbhopping to get past a roadblock...
Old 06-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #43
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

When I saw you out there corner working I was pretty pumped, haha... I was really hoping you had your camera. I can't wait to see some of those pics of Scott. My he's fast...

He was following me for a while and came up along side of me in the staight after little bend and waived... When I was coming down the straight after the rattle snake he was almost up to Big Bend already!!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #44
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Yeah... nice and stock F4i.* I was really contemplating selling it and getting a 600RR or 1000RR but after this weekend I fell back in love with my bike. Yeah it's not the fastest or best handling, but I still think it's the pretties bike in the paddock and it gets me around ok. I do need to definitely need to get the front forks Race Tech'd and some rearsets though...
just put alittle improving into her and she'll do just fine.. id like to have one myself
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #45
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
When I saw you out there corner working I was pretty pumped, haha... I was really hoping you had your camera. I can't wait to see some of those pics of Scott. My he's fast...*

He was following me for a while and came up along side of me in the staight after little bend and waived... When I was coming down the straight after the rattle snake he was almost up to Big Bend already!!*
:laughing6:

yeah... he's left me in the dust more times than i care to remember... :cool:
Old 06-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #46
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Experience: 3 years

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs

daym u charles, if i had my suspension right the first time, i woulda been passing a load more ppl, first time @ the track too runnin 1:28s-9s second race :(
Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 AM   #47
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
yeah... he's left me in the dust more times than i care to remember...* :cool:
Did you know in 94 he took 2nd place in an AMA Supersport race to Tom Kipp? You'll have to ask him about it... it's a cool story.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #48

Member Garage

:biggthumpup:
Old 06-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #49
paniro187

It was last second too i was like* the bike was laying smack in the middle of the last left to go on to the start/finish str8 i was like what a place to leave the bike. :laughing6:

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #50
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDCustoMs
daym u charles, if i had my suspension right the first time, i woulda been passing a load more ppl, first time @ the track too runnin 1:28s-9s second race :(
but you did the track day firday and ran both practices on sunday and a practice session on sat too huh?? I didn't even get that. and i missed the first practice session on sunday. so all i had to go on was the 2nd practice session and the races.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #51
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDCustoMs
but you did the track day firday and ran both practices on sunday and a practice session on sat too huh??* I didn't even get that.* ** and i missed the first practice session on sunday.* so all i had to go on was the 2nd practice session and the races.* * *
the trackday i only got to run 2 sessions, and that tore up my tires, and running on cold tear tires for all the morning practices, so i couldnt' push anything... that first race was my first real time to push it on the track, on top of that my suspension was set too harsh, never did the practice saturday
Old 06-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #52
paniro187

I'm running tires with a TWS (Texas World Speedway) track day on them (when i ran really good) then a TWS (Texas World Speedway) 2 practice and two races on them (when my rear suspension was bottoming out so it tore the rear up even worse) .* And I'm still on the same tires.* *:biggthumpup:* I'll be on a new rear next race though.* *:laughing6:* *and these are medium compound so basically they are gone.* plus i have no tires warmers so I'm on cold tires at the beginning too.* and they had to much air in them. But i didn't run the recommended air cause they are old and i don't want to much heat in them.* *And if you think at all I was pushing..........DON'T.* with new tires I know for a FACT that i would be in the 1:25's at least.* cause around some of those corners I knew the tires would have let me down. But since with having the yellow shirt and missing a couple races there's no point in riding new tires at every track I'll do that next year.

also i'm riding a 1996 zx7r. slower than even the 600' out there in a straight line. not to mention i'm 235lbs.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #53
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

You guys both suck... I was on wooden tires. They stuck like glue until I tried to turn... then, since I didn't use the proper grit sandpaper I was pushing the front hard in Big Bend. Had I used oak tires instead of pine, I think I could have dropped atleast 5 seconds off my time.

BTW... you sure you were only out ther 2 sessions? I think I saw you more than that. :dontknow:
Old 06-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #54
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Quote:
You guys both suck... I was on wooden tires. They stuck like glue until I tried to turn... then, since I didn't use the proper grit sandpaper I was pushing the front hard in Big Bend. Had I used oak tires instead of pine, I think I could have dropped atleast 5 seconds off my time.

BTW... you sure you were only out ther 2 sessions? I think I saw you more than that.* :dontknow:
maybe it was 3, ya, cause i only rode once after the rain
Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #55
paniro187

did anyone get hail unday morning my wife and i got woke up to hail stones every where on the ground. I was like wtf . the truck was ok though thank goodness. My bike wasn't on the back cause I had it in my homeboys garage.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #56
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Quote:
I'm running tires with a TWS (Texas World Speedway) track day on them (when i ran really good) then a TWS (Texas World Speedway) 2 practice and two races on them (when my rear suspension was bottoming out so it tore the rear up even worse) .* And I'm still on the same tires.* *:biggthumpup:* I'll be on a new rear next race though.* *:laughing6:* *and these are medium compound so basically they are gone.* plus i have no tires warmers so I'm on cold tires at the beginning too.* and they had to much air in them. But i didn't run the recommended air cause they are old and i don't want to much heat in them.* *And if you think at all I was pushing..........DON'T.* with new tires I know for a FACT that i would be in the 1:25's at least.* cause around some of those corners I knew the tires would have let me down.* *But since with having the yellow shirt and missing a couple races there's no point in riding new tires at every track I'll do that next year.

also i'm riding a 1996 zx7r. slower than even the 600' out there in a straight line.* not to mention i'm 235lbs.*
so you weren't pushing it... yet you pull a ballsy pass through the rattle snake almost getting clipped by the other guy, i admit you werne't pushing it at the fullest, but still YOU SUCK FOR MAKING THAT PASS, that guy hit the brakes so hard i almost kissed the back of his tire haha
Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #57
paniro187

ok it you trying to be a smart though I and a friend of mine you don't know helped you load your bike when you went home. It's cool thing is i wanted it more than you. So did rossi on gibernau in the first race this year he left a window open and i went through it. Except thing was it was no contact (CLEAN PASS) THAT GUY WAS HOLDING US UP. YOU EITHER GO AROUND HIM OR GET STUCK BEHIND HIM. i stuffed that dude plain and simple and the fact that i put that move on him in the rattle snake makes me so happy i'm gleaming. ask me if i'll do it again and i'll tell you yes.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #58
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Quote:
ok it you trying to be a smart though I and a friend of mine you don't know helped you load your bike when you went home.* It's cool thing is i wanted it more than you.* So did rossi on gibernau in the first race this year he left a window open and i went through it.* Except thing was it was no contact (CLEAN PASS)* THAT GUY WAS HOLDING US UP.* YOU EITHER GO AROUND HIM OR GET STUCK BEHIND HIM.* *i stuffed that dude plain and simple and the fact that i put that move on him in the rattle snake makes me so happy i'm gleaming.* ask me if i'll do it again and i'll tell you yes.*
i wasn't being a smartass, i'm just i didn't pass him before, ya heard, much appreciated helping me load, that ramp too short grrr
Old 06-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #59
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

I got stuck behind a few folks at the trackday... but being a trackday I didn't want to throw an sketchy passes. One dude on a red SV650 and the dude who took the CMRA lisencing class at the end of the day on the yellor 600RR... they were both pretty slow. So was the dude on the Repsol 1000RR. Everyone else was pretty quick... I only passed about 1/2 people in the field this time. Far cry from my last trackday at TWS (Texas World Speedway) when I passed pretty much everyone in B group. You can tell LSTD and Ridesmart are doing a great job, the skill level in the past 2 years has gone up tremendously.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #60
paniro187

outlaw do you remember like the second to the last lap when I tried to go around that guy on the outside into the rattle snake.* the part where you go up the hill then have the three cones then into a right hander?* i tried to go in hot intstead of out braking him and going up the inside.* the side of the track came so fast it was funny.* I had to go back to first and pick that up.* dude I don't know what the i was thinking when i did that.* that was more ballsy than the last lap past on him.* * I did learn how to trail brake though during the race. :laughing6:

Advertisement