Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 8

2012 Multistrada 1200S
2012 Vespa GTS 300
2004 Husky 450 smr (track)

GSXR Frame Slider issues- need a long metric bolt

So I'm looking for an odd metric bolt for the GSXR. It has to be an M10-1.25. Apparently it's an odd thread. I'm not sure of the length, but it needs to be longer than 100mm.

A little background:
Bought the bike a few months ago, came with a R frame slider, nothing on the L. No bolt (also a motor mount bolt, I later found out, kind of important)

Bought a new set of Vortex sliders from Mainland Cycle. R one goes on fine, L one has issues. Its threads catch, some of them at least. It'll tighten somewhat, but won't get to the point where it stops like the R one will. It will just spin and spin and spin. I had their service guy take a look at it, and he said the threads were the issue, and that I basically had 2 options.

1. Find a longer bolt somewhere, hope it catches enough good thread. Maybe even put a nut on the end of it (end of the block it goes into is open). I think this'll work, as I can put the bolt I have in, minus the frame slider, and if I get it far enough in, eventually it catches and stays.

2. Retap the hole with a bigger size, then try to find a bigger bolt, modify the frame sliders to fit the new bolt, etc. etc. Sounded like more trouble than it'd be worth.

I went to a local hardware place (Mainland Bolt in Texas City) and the guy said he had nothing in that thread. The trouble is it's a really wide (M10-1.25), really long (100mm about 4 inches). I've found 120s, 130s, 150s, on the internet, but I don't really want to go that route if I don't have to. It'd be my luck that I'd get a bolt that was just a little too short, or even too long.

I'd really like to find a place in town (the more SE the better) that has such a bolt in stock, if they exist. Any ideas?
"I wanna go fast, I wanna go fast!"- Ricky Bobby
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote