MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
ravenitup

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Send a message via AIM to ravenitup
Angry just venting

well this past saturday i was rear-ended in my titan headed eastbound on i-10 between wilcrest and sam houston pkwy:BangHead:. now im a pretty open-minded person and don't usually let things get to me but this time i was b\c i just had the rear bumper replaced on my dime. the damages look minor but i know it's going to be exspensive to fix. i called hpd out, which was pointless, and we exchanged our information. no one got a citation even though he didn't have a license. his ins. card showed that he was covered. so i drive off and his volvo gets towed away. i tried to call his insurance company to make a claim and they were closed. i wait until monday and can't get through due to high volume of calls. i finally get through today and make the claim. two hours later the ins. adjuster calls back and tells me that his policy was cancelled and that their was nothing that they can do for me.

this is the 2nd time this has happened to me and it's really aggravating. last time some lady pulled out in front of me and totalled my truck. it isn't fair. i do everything by the book and i still get eff'ed over. these phucks should not be on the effin road. im tired off getting screwed over.

is their anything i can do to make this guy pay other than claiming under uninsured motorist...again?

any legal advice would be appreciated and sorry for the thread but i just had to vent a little. these idiots make me so mad:BangHead:. thanks

danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
ravenitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wow...wtf!...just some morning venting cbrmonkey General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 04-14-2012 07:26 PM
felt like venting SteveohhXdank Off Topic 55 09-22-2011 03:40 PM
i just feel like venting subjects that bother me camaroz2866 Off Topic 7 02-24-2011 10:39 PM
venting... along77082 General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 08-15-2008 05:08 PM
just venting jumpinfly Off Topic 16 07-10-2008 06:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Go after him - at a minimum they will take away his license if he doesn't fix your ride.
kozmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

get the rerport.... go to court. Maybe can call the Pd and report that he gave incorrect/false information if he was not covered at the time of the accident.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Sorry to hear bro, not sure what else you can do, other than uninsured or trying to sue him for damages.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
busa5225
glad to b here

Feedback Rating: (-1)

dam the bad luck
busa5225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmic
Go after him - at a minimum they will take away his license if he doesn't fix your ride.
thats prolly why he doesnt have a license
Old 05-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Mnemonic
woops... my bad... move along folks - nothing to see here... :BangHead:
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Danny call your insurance company and give them the information that you have including a copy of the police report. It is up to you whether or not you want to divulge that you have already made contact with the at fault drivers insurance company. Then let your insurance companys lawyers do the talking for you. I am not sure if this will work, but it is an avenue to explore.

At minimum call your agent and explain the situation and ask for their advice (that's part of the service you pay them for and can be done without opening a claim on your behalf).

Unfortunately this occurs all too often. I even overheard an HPD trainee say all he does is call and get a 12 month policy, after the papers arrive he then neglects to pay his monthly dues. But if ever stopped he has proof of insurance.

Goodluck,
Riaz

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate
Unfortunately this occurs all too often. I even overheard an HPD trainee say all he does is call and get a 12 month policy, after the papers arrive he then neglects to pay his monthly dues. But if ever stopped he has proof of insurance.
Wow - this not taking personal responsibility for one's own actions is seemingly a re-occuring theme... :dontknow:

/sarcasm
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmic
Wow - this not taking personal responsibility for one's own actions is seemingly a re-occuring theme... :dontknow:

/sarcasm

I don't know about you but a member of law enforcement is supposed to be leading by example. I admit that this rarely happens, especially in Texas for some reason. But someone who is going to be in a position of authority upholding the law should not be trying to dodge the law themselves. But that is a personal opinion.

Riaz

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
I don't know about you but a member of law enforcement is supposed to be leading by example. I admit that this rarely happens, especially in Texas for some reason. But someone who is going to be in a position of authority upholding the law should not be trying to dodge the law themselves. But that is a personal opinion.

Riaz
AGREED...
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #12
matrix81

Bike(s):
2014 harley 48
2011 yamaha fz8
2013 VROD

Send a message via MSN to matrix81 Send a message via Yahoo to matrix81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Mnemonic
matrix81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #13
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

I scared a guy into paying me. I kept insisting I will sue him and in court he would be fined a lot more then the repair quote for no insurance blah blah blah.
Basically I played a great poker bluff and won! I kept his contact info and included it on top of all corespondance. I did get a quote from a dealer at no cost.

I got paid.

the two or three scratches you can hardly see on the bottom of my bumper, yeah, they are still there.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 1000, Honda CB750K DOHC

I'm pretty sure Pete can confirm this.. Starting sometime in the next few months when ever 5-0 runs your plates they will know weather or not you have insurance. So all the fake insurance cards /cards from canceld policies will get you in even more trouble.....
RaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #15
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Send a message via AIM to ravenitup
Quote:
Danny call your insurance company and give them the information that you have including a copy of the police report. It is up to you whether or not you want to divulge that you have already made contact with the at fault drivers insurance company. Then let your insurance companys lawyers do the talking for you. I am not sure if this will work, but it is an avenue to explore.

At minimum call your agent and explain the situation and ask for their advice (that's part of the service you pay them for and can be done without opening a claim on your behalf).
i talked to my insurance and they said that my options were to:

a) claim it under uninsured motorist again
b) call the guy and see if he'll pay out of pocket
c) take it small claims

it just seems like their should be something else that could be done. if your card shows that that your covered within a certain time frame then it you should be covered. that way people like me who get hit by idiots like them can get covered. then...their insurance can go after them to seek payment. seems fair to me. this way my insurance wouln't be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
ravenitup is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement