MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #21
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

600RR I think I'll be going that route soon myself.......

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Cycle Gear south 9/1 6-9p bike night/bike wash Ilean Events, Meets and Rides 11 09-01-2011 06:49 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #22
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

I'm not sure what they have in stock, but from what ive heard they're really small, with only a few employees. Guess that helps them with their prices. Give them a call... Its pretty far, but closer than alabama

Freedom Motorsports (979)265-9283
1800 N BRAZOSPORTS BLVD HWY 288B
RICHWOOD, TX 77531
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #23
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Freedom hooked me up right. Price was awesome, no need to haggle, was in and out of the dealership in 10 minutes (and i was taking my time, wanted to enjoy new bike purchase experience).
FWIW they are discounting the new 600 rr as well.

PM me and I will be happy to tell you OTD price w/state sales tax.

As far as gsxr vs cbr....
I chose the gsxr because I prefered the low slung side exhaust to the undertail and for the comfort factor. In addition the gsxr does come with a slipper clutch, the cbr does not. The gsxr also works out to be about an ohlins shock cheaper than the cbr. If the frame breaks when you wreck it, that is what insurance is for.
So ultimately it is whatever floats your boat (and budget).
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #24
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Bike(s):

I called the freedom the other day and they quoted me $9746 OTD give or take a couple bucks
Old 05-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #25
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I'd go with the HONDA - I would also go new - you cannot get a used bike with the technology of the 07 cbr 600. Get it / take care of it / you and your buddies will be worn out before it will if you keep it "buttered side up", if not - like Patrick said:they survive crashes better, and yes I'm biased toward Honda - I spend a lot of hobby time working on both brands and Yami's - Honda is king with respect to quality. My 2 cents.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #26
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

todd get the honda that gixxers gonna break in half first wreck.. and vfrracer has a point on spending some dough prepping it for track, i dont know anything about your budget but www.wera.com might be a good place to look for one track ready but then again i havnt seen any tracked 07's for sale. goodluck
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #27
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
http://daytonpowersports.com/

Give these guys a chance if you lean towards Suzuki....never had a better experience with a dealership. They sell mostly four wheelers, so they are ready to deal on the street bikes
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #28
sweeney1186

Bike(s):
00 SV650 superbike
06 FJR 1300

I would rec a used racebike.Unless your the next ty howard-your not going to be able to use the added perf of the newest 600-most of us cannot.You will save huge $$ by buying used.T. Chason just had an 04 600 w/ all the goodies that he could not sell for $8000 & it had about $18k in it.Good ones are out there.Don't forget you have to find spares as well.
CMRA # 78, Team EDS #56 F2 Endurance
sweeney1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #29
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Dude, aside from Brandon, I would bet that there isn't one person on this board who could tell the difference between an '05 and '07 CBRrr or any other bike for that matter.
Have you read the reviews on this bike? Or even road it yet?

Ive road it a very short distance and the bike is amazing. Have you even had a chance to sit on one? Feeling how light it is?

05 and 07 are night and day!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #30
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z
Have you read the reviews on this bike? Or even road it yet?

Ive road it a very short distance and the bike is amazing. Have you even had a chance to sit on one? Feeling how light it is?

05 and 07 are night and day!
Can you really push an 05 to it's limits? if not IMO you'd be better going with the slower/a little heavier bike as it would more than likely let you be faster or at least beccome faster. I went from an 06 750 to a 02 sv650 and let me tell you I'm way faster when up to speed with the SV than I ever was with the Gixxer. Maybe it's just me because I suck at riding but whatever the 1k I was playing with on 3090 was like when he saw me catching him through the turns
Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #31
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Bike(s):

You cant really push any bike to its limits on the street. But the 07 is totally revamped, it kills everything out there. Not just power, but fun wise.

Only reason I say this is because thats what he said he wanted. And he wont go wrong if he gets it. I didnt see him mention anything about racing, but the 07 does it all.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #32
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z
You cant really push any bike to its limits on the street. But the 07 is totally revamped, it kills everything out there. Not just power, but fun wise.

Only reason I say this is because thats what he said he wanted. And he wont go wrong if he gets it. I didnt see him mention anything about racing, but the 07 does it all.

of course the 07 is totally revamped etc..... but guess what with a little work on a 03 cbr 600 rr(ohlins rear, SS brake lines, rebuilt front etc...) or even your F4i you would smoke a stock 07 through the turns and still have $$ in your pocket after your 1st wreck
Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #33
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I'm not sure, but I don't think he is planning on 2 bikes - the way I read it they are going to get one bike for track days and endurance use - he can clarify. I suggested the New Honda, and did mention technology etc. My reasons for suggesting new was not to be faster, it is to have a fresh - nice - new - reliable, and most of all fun bike. If money is not a huge issue to these guys - who wouldn't want a new one. If money is a big issue they most likely wouldn't be looking @ new in the first place. You are always rolling the dice when you buy a used one, especially if you don't know the history, and even if you do - most likely you are buying it "as is". I guess what I'm trying to say is: New is Nice!
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #34
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
I'd got with the CBR, it's lighter, more powerful and crashes better.
+1

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #35
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Get ahold of Gabe McLendon (sp?), the '07 RR's are showing up at the auctions already. With what you save vs. new you can get all the go fast goodies and still come in under the new price. It will probably have a salvage title but for a race bike it won't matter. Insurance usually totals them out for cosmetic damage so you USUALLY get a good platform to build on and can make a few bucks towards parts by selling off teh street plastics and other stock stuff you won't be using. I read an article the other day where the RR beat the 600cc Honda test track record by a full second the first time around, right out of the box. And it's dominating WSS!! I'd paint it as close to factory as possible.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #36
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Dang I miss the edit button.................

On another note, look for a used Penske or Ohlins rear shock to save some dough. The dementions are the same, but you will need to get an eye end as the '07 uses the eye instead of the older clevis design. Should save you 500.00 or so. (I've been looking at an '07 as well:icon_bigg )
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #37
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Money is only somewhat of an issue... BUT ONLY BECAUSE THERE ARE 4 GUYS SPLITTING THE COSTS! Otherwise, I could only be looking to get a used bike.

The main reason we wanted to stay away from used is because you have no idea if the thing has been totally ragged out and is on its last legs, or maybe you get a good one... you just don't know!

If anyone has info on a good, clean, reliable track/race bike, please PM me with that info!!

And I guess its far too early to know anything about the '08 bikes (ie... CBR1000 and GSXR600)...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement