MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

making a quick getaway from COTA

After last yrs. MotoGP I got stuck in the roadblock leaving COTA. Actually getting away form COTA wasn't a big deal Once I left (headed south) on FM 812 however I ran into the police stopping the traffic to let the offsites parking lots empty. So I hit the shoulder behind some other people and took the first right that I could and headed one block over. Worked great, once I got off 812 it was like a country drive without any traffic.

So I was just looking at google maps and I saw that if you head south on FM812 then right on Burkland Farms Rd. you can also turn left on Moore Rd. and it will take you to the toll rd. or all the way to US183. If it's anything like it was last yr I'd definitely suggest these as options.

Check it out on Google.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/30.1...3ddac8!1m0!3e0
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weekend getaway ride and muddy fun!! Lil Sweet Pea Events, Meets and Rides 6 01-21-2012 03:59 PM
N Friday getaway! Schmidie Events, Meets and Rides 0 09-06-2011 01:51 AM
WTF?!? Robber used Craigslist in heist and inner-tube as getaway? CubanGIXXER Off Topic 12 10-01-2008 08:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Last year the stinkin cops were directing traffic and seemed to making matters worse. You could only go one way on some streets for some reason, either way we hit traffic on 21 going into Bastrop. I dont think it will really make a huge difference either way when you have so many people leaving that one area...

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

the only difference it made to me was going from a dead stop in traffic to 65+mph with no traffic around

and here's the original map I meant to show.

Last edited by The BeastMaster; 04-06-2014 at 12:09 PM.
The BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BeastMaster View Post
After last yrs. MotoGP I got stuck in the roadblock leaving COTA. Actually getting away form COTA wasn't a big deal Once I left (headed south) on FM 812 however I ran into the police stopping the traffic to let the offsites parking lots empty. So I hit the shoulder behind some other people and took the first right that I could and headed one block over. Worked great, once I got off 812 it was like a country drive without any traffic.

So I was just looking at google maps and I saw that if you head south on FM812 then right on Burkland Farms Rd. you can also turn left on Moore Rd. and it will take you to the toll rd. or all the way to US183. If it's anything like it was last yr I'd definitely suggest these as options.

Check it out on Google.
your right, but I'll base what happens on Saturday a little different for sunday. Your way will be best on sunday for sure, and will probably take that back north

Advertisement