MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
racer43

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trey Walker TWS (Texas World Speedway) Race Report and Thanks!!

Due to school commitments Trey wasn’t able to attend Friday practice. The grades have to come first.

Saturday morning practice started off a little rough with what turned out to be a plugged fuel tank vent causing Trey to only get a couple of laps in on the KX65 motard in Mini practice. Lightweight practice went much better on the RS150R but it was clear that the long front strait would put him at a disadvantage to the 250s. Through the infield Trey can run with anybody on the Ride Smart but on long straits the little 150cc motor just doesn’t have the legs. Trey asked me after practice if I had changed anything on the Ride Smart. He told me that it felt smaller. I reminded him that he had grown about an inch since MSRH! That was the end of the questions. It was time to go racing. Up first was Formula 5 and 6 on the KX65 motard on the short course. Trey rode to a 1st in F6 and a 2nd in F5. Up next was the ESS race on the RS150R. Starting 21st on the grid due to my screw up at MSRH Trey got a very good start and worked his way through the field to finish 5th. His last race of the day was Formula 4. After a slow start Trey spent the entire race trying to make up ground. He would eventually finish 7th. When he pulled into our pit after the race he pulled off his helmet and said two things. I blew that start and I’m hungry! I hear the second a lot!!

Sunday started off cool and damp after a cold front passed through overnight. Trey chose not to practice on the Ride Smart instead he wanted to concentrate on the SV650. Trey made one lap and the rain started to fall so he came in rather than take a chance on throwing it away in practice. The second round of practice was dry and Trey got up to speed quickly. The D Superstock Novice race was up first. Starting from the second row Trey got the first of several very good starts and at least from where I was standing it looked like he led the group into T1. I have to note that you don’t know what nervous is until you watch your child lead a race into T1 at TWS (Texas World Speedway)! Trey rode a good race finishing 3rd. In formula 2 Novice Trey started 3rd and after another great start and smooth race he finished in 3rd. This being the first time riding the SV at TWS (Texas World Speedway) I kept asking him if the bike was Ok and every time the answer was “yes its fine”. For his third race of the day Trey was back on his RS150R for the formula 3 race. Trey was starting third but with the smallest 4 stroke in the field he knew it would be a tough race. He would eventually finish 8th with a best lap of 2:14. Starting 8th in Lightweight Twins Novice Trey would charge to a 4th place finish with a fast lap of 2:01.304. As usual he would go a little faster every race. D Superbike Novice would be Treys final race of the day and his best. After another great start Trey rode hard and eventually finished 2nd turning 2:00.446 on the last lap for his fastest lap of the race and the day. I mentioned earlier that I asked him several times during the day if the bike was OK. Well I asked him one last time and he said “I’m pretty sure I was topped out at the finish line”. I told him maybe next time tell me a little sooner. Oh well at least he is talking to me.

I can’t express how proud I am of him.

He was hoping to go to NOLA this weekend to qualify for the Sportsman classes at the GNF but Star Testing (and my empty wallet) put a damper on those plans but he is really looking forward to ECR!

Trey had a great weekend and some very good results, he would like to thank all that made it possible.

Many thanks to the CMRA staff and cornerworkers
Many thanks to my fellow riders
Thank you Shawn Wright for the fast SV650 for this season
Thank you Steve McNamara and Lone Star Track Days
Thank you John Hutchinson and South Central Race Center for the amazing Pirelli Tires
Thank you Jimmy Cambora for the suspension work and the magic bounces
Thank you Mike Paterson and Totally Graphic Designs
Thank you Eric Wood and Woodcraft
Thank you PSR
Thank you Vesrah brakes
Thank you VP fuels
Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA)
(254) 644-9393
racer43 is offline   Reply With Quote