MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"It is not a 'speed' thing - it's a 'situational' thing. There are indeed situations where 186 mph is acceptible. About 46% of all motorcycle accidents are from the rider driving off the rode - typically from riding beyond one's limits or the particular situation."

See my commentary above... '186' acceptable... the track, that's pretty much it.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #22
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
read it and agree
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #23
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
'186' acceptable... the track, that's pretty much it.
That's my point - speed doesn't kill - bad judgement does..
kozmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #24
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
It comes down to many many things. Most important is ride within your limitations. This encompasses many things, your skill level, the road surface, weather, traffic, street/track, the list is endless...

Other than alcohol the common denominator seems to be total disregard for the limits of the situation. I am not pointing fingers, just gaining some perspective. We are all guilty of riding beyond our limitations...I know I have.

Riaz

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #25
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmic
That's my point - speed doesn't kill - bad judgement does..

Speed doesn't kill...it's that sudden stop that does you in:BangHead:
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #26
soap4life
Reverend

Bike(s):
z1000

Send a message via AIM to soap4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05
Look Summers isn't even here yet and look at all the friends and fellow riders we have lost! Some may not agree with what I'm about to say and that's ok! I'm just saying this because it's how I feel and I think Enough is a Enough!! BangHead: Alot of young riders are buying sport bikes and have no clue what they have sitting under them! I'm not talking about some of you who grew up riding mini bikes then moved up to dirt bikes but to those who just bought one and dont even know where the lock is to release the back seat or what the ram air is for, or wonder why your GSXR or R1 or CBR only has one head lamp come on when youstart it up! Take the MSF class it just may save your life and others you ride with! I think some may agree with me I will only ride with older riders that have been riding a while and have owned a bike or 2 other than the one they now own. Don't get me wrong guys and gals there are some 19,20 yr olds that can ride and ride well! I'm not talking about them, I talking about the one's like I said earlier who don't know their kill switch from their hi beam switch. There's a young man on here who just joined and he's 18 I helped him get his 1st bike A Katana 600 he come's by my house to see my son and when I walked out to say hi we was very proud to tell mew he just finished his MSF course! Made me feel real good aout helping him get his bike. I'm just saying and I maybe only speaking for myself but I want to see more riders, more MH members but NOT more Death's or more MH members losing their life! I don't care if your 18 just be smart enough to get some good instructions like a MSF course or anything equal. Be SAFE I want us to have alot to talk about this Summer other than deaths.

should of seen me, after msf i didnt get onto the streets for like 3 months. i stayed in my neighborhood.

Advertisement