MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #141
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypunk
And if a criminal runs (yes you are a criminal the moment you run) you say let him go and noone gets hurt, and the cops are supposed to knock on his door the next day and ask him to go voluntarily with them so that he doesn’t get hurt.
why yes, your finally starting to get it.

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"dirtbike" riders running from the cops ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-13-2010 11:22 PM
Cops: I-Phone app that warns you about traffic cameras and speed traps is "cowardly". Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-18-2009 02:21 AM
The "cops words" stright out of there mouths about sport bikes Lee General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 12-25-2006 01:18 PM
fyi: for the "runners" amongst us. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-08-2006 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #142
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"For example, I saw a cop use the pitstop manuever on two girls that were under 20 that ran for speeding. It crippled one and killed the other girl. Total ABUSE of power when they could have just got their plates and those two kids would be alive today."

Precisely HOW would any LEO know WHY someone RAN?
by the same token those 'girls' would be fine if they had pulled over instead of trying to run. The fault was not that of the officer, but of the girl driving the car.
how bout this, unless they know why the fu<k they are running, why the h3ll would they smash into them in attempt to stop them? now if a piggy is cruising next to a person and recongizes them as being wanted for a triple murder, by all gotda.mn means, shoot the bas.tard. but is a person runs and the cop has no more on them than a misdemeanor traffic violation, whats the point in wrecking into them risking not only the runners life, but the cops and bystanders. cops chase because most of the time you will be caught, and like i said before thats $$$ in the states pocket. thats why HPD hasn't passed the no chase policy. they're too greedy.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:41 PM   #143
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
i'm going to put this as respectfully as possible, FVCK COPS! I ate lunch with my aunt today who I love dearly but unfortunatlly she is a Harris County Sherrif.
She must be so proud of you....
Old 05-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #144
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

you know its allways great to have an amusing conversation with 3 year olds. :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6

The notion that someone that runs from the cops on a speeding ticket, will surrender the next day once he faces not only the speeding ticket but alson a felony for running really makes sense

You are soooooooooooooo right.

You are above the law and should continue to evade at high speeds, endangering others, every time they try to get you to voluntarily stop in the first place. This will help the prolife movement. :laughing6

cya.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #145
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

For those who do not know.... MH has A LOT of respect for the men and women in blue(or black, or brown etc) There is a ZERO tollerance policy dealing with people making statements like "**** the police" etc. There are alos several officers that ride...that are members of the site.....a few of them also posted in this thread. You can have your opinions about the police.....but dont make comments LIKE "FTP!" "PIGS SUCK" etc etc For all of those who have done so in this thread...this is your final warning.

For the record, this thread REALLY has to do with politics and law making.... not LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Do the crime, do the time....
You have to pay to play

Ive got several citations in the past...never have I ran, never have I been mad at the cop for pulling me over DOING his job.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #146
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 05-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #147
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 05-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #148
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

imo the use of deadly force should be a jugdement call. First of all i dont care who's anybody is a cop, cuz my best friend who is like my brother is a cop, and he has to hear ftp every time we see a cruiser. Second, most cops are ego maniacs and idiots/bums which could not land a job so they take the free 6 month class in which they get paid to attend. Because most of these officers are of lower intelligence, they dont have a clue about using their judgment to use deadly force(comon teenage girls??? are you f**n kiddn me?) They are ego maniacs which love to play cowboy. BTW i'm a firefighter and whenever we have a fallen brother/sister, we never want to hear pitty for dying doing our JOB. The same way i hate it when police officer about getting shot at. You get paid to wear a shiny badge and shoot people so shut up. Getting shot at is part of the job. I'm sure they taught that at the police academy.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 AM   #149
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
For those who do not know.... MH has A LOT of respect for the men and women in blue(or black, or brown etc) There is a ZERO tollerance policy dealing with people making statements like "**** the police" etc. There are alos several officers that ride...that are members of the site.....a few of them also posted in this thread. You can have your opinions about the police.....but dont make comments LIKE "FTP!" "PIGS SUCK" etc etc For all of those who have done so in this thread...this is your final warning.

For the record, this thread REALLY has to do with politics and law making.... not LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Do the crime, do the time....
You have to pay to play

Ive got several citations in the past...never have I ran, never have I been mad at the cop for pulling me over DOING his job.
Well I will just back off on this thread because I have respect for you Chris and your site. I think most people know my stance on this dumb law and I really hope people that think it is ok don't get taken out one day unexpectingly by some bubblegum light cager with a $4.00 shiny badge when they think you are running but you never even saw them until their cop bumper goes up their .
Old 05-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #150
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
The ruling occurred at a time of increased national debate about high-speech police chases, which have resulted in more than 350 deaths annually in recent years.
How can this be a dumb law? Tell me that? If one reckless person, whose by HIS choice decides to get into a risky maneuver such as running from the law, gets injured, then so be it.

I am totally with Patrick on that.

And to the ones stating "They said I was running and I didn't know...", did you run several red lights, lane split and kept speeding up? If not, then you weren't 'running'. A cop will not pull a dangerous calculated stunt on you until you actually ran from him. If you notice several cop cars behind you, a helicopter and road blocks, it may be your last chance to slow down.

Geez. Grow up.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #151
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
How can this be a dumb law? Tell me that? If one reckless person, whose by HIS choice decides to get into a risky maneuver such as running from the law, gets injured, then so be it.

I am totally with Patrick on that.

And to the ones stating "They said I was running and I didn't know...", did you run several red lights, lane split and kept speeding up? If not, then you weren't 'running'. A cop will not pull a dangerous calculated stunt on you until you actually ran from him. If you notice several cop cars behind you, a helicopter and road blocks, it may be your last chance to slow down.

Geez. Grow up.
Just curious say you are doing 110 or so on a divided bridge and you see a cop coming the other way. He turns his lights on and points at you. Are you going to stop and wait until he gets turned around? Be honest.

I know I said I wasn't going to say anthing else but I think this is VERY dangerous law when it applies to motorcycles(unless they are used in a deadly crime not just speeding)
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #152
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Just curious say you are doing 110 or so on a divided bridge and you see a cop coming the other way. He turns his lights on and points at you. Are you going to stop and wait until he gets turned around? Be honest.

I know I said I wasn't going to say anthing else but I think this is VERY dangerous law when it applies to motorcycles(unless they are used in a deadly crime not just speeding)
First, I don't do 110 unless I am on the track. But, let's say hypothetically speaking I was, isn't 110 on a divided bridge dangerous in itself? So, okay, I sped and he caught me. Honestly, I would slow down to speedlimit and if he came up to me, I'd point at the miserable pull-over opportunities and kept slowing down to let him know I wasn't running and do pull over at the next decent place.

Simple as that. I don't understand WHAT the problem is here exactly? :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Old 05-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #153
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

By the way, it did happen to me once in my truck. I couldn't really find a good place to pull over so I kept slowing down and had my hazard lights on. I gave her the 'I don't know' hand gesture out of the window and she came back over the speakers to pull over as soon as the fence ended. I did and she walked up and I told her I was sorry for not having pulled over sooner and she said "Yeah, don't worry, I have this problem here all the time."

Just cooperate. They are people too.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #154
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
First, I don't do 110 unless I am on the track. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
I've been watching and reading this post - trying not to get involved, but come on - you've NEVER GONE 110MPH except on the track????:laughing6 I'm guessing that 99.99% of the people on this board have - most likely you included have at some time in their driving motorcycles have gone 110mph. If you want to be believeable - shoot straight, and yes I have gone 110mph on the streets in my 42 years of riding - maybe only once but I HAVE.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #155
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
I've been watching and reading this post - trying not to get involved, but come on - you've NEVER GONE 110MPH except on the track????:laughing6 I'm guessing that 99.99% of the people on this board have - most likely you included have at some time in their driving motorcycles have gone 110mph. If you want to be believeable - shoot straight, and yes I have gone 110mph on the streets in my 42 years of riding - maybe only once but I HAVE.
Point was, I don't ride that fast. My general speed is limit +15 max.

I have only been riding for a bit over a year and ask my riding buddies, the only time I ever went faster than 100 was on a straight county road with no intersections (FM529 or a stretch of FM362) for a short spurt and it probably maxed out right at 110mph. I am still a noob so I try to restrain myself from making the street my own private racetrack.

Take it as you please.

Yeah, so maybe once or twice. These are short spurts and usually don't last longer than a mile. I think it is a far stretch from going 110mph over a divided bridge with traffic and all and most importantly, consistently.

//threadjack off.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #156
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Point was, I don't ride that fast. My general speed is limit +15 max.
So 15 over is OK - is 16 over ok - 17 over - etc etc --- You criminal you - if I were a cop I'd run you off the road.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #157
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
So 15 over is OK - is 16 over ok - 17 over - etc etc --- You criminal you - if I were a cop I'd run you off the road.
LOL Then back up and run over him again to make sure he can't sue. :icon_bigg

110? Do people on sportbikes really go that slow? Heck that is harley speed for me. :icon_bigg
Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #158
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

I skipped from page 1 to 9, Man you guys really don't have much to do
Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #159
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerT
I skipped from page 1 to 9, Man you guys really don't have much to do
Well man you missed all the meat of the discussion. I think this has been a good controversial thread. Threads like these make message boards entertaining and provocative.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #160
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Now you are just being provocative, but fine. Going 10 or 15 over will often just get you a warning. If not, so be it. No matter how stupid speedlimit laws are (I grew up in Germany - with driving on autobahns, so trust me, it takes TONS of constraint), someone made the law.

Unless people decide with their vote and other issues that may make streets safer to actually go fast, I guess we all have to suck it up and check the speedometer ever so often. It is society, these are public streets, so be it.

A cop will NOT run you off for going 17 over the speedlimit. :BangHead: However, they can now run you off the road if you are evading arrest by fleeing and are a danger to innocent bystanders by being a maniac let lose. Maybe you need to check your riding because if you don't know the difference between actually fleeing from a cop and just speeding, then ..... :confused1
Closed Thread

Advertisement