Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #121
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"The only way we will ever stop people from killing other people with guns is to stop making them. Anything less is damage control."

No you'd have to find and destroy/lock up every gun in the states... then make sure none came in via the blackmarket... then you've still got 'zip' guns to try to get rid of and home-made ammo.... and what do you get?

Criminals with weapons (guns) vs civilians without.

More and more 'protect people from themselves' instead of forcing people to deal with harsh reality of life and learning to deal with the results of your actions.

"Mandatory tracking device like lojack for all new vehicles? Yeah, I know, big brother..."
and have you considered the logistics of that alone....and do you know if the lojack system is even capable of that kind of coverage/scope? :-)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"dirtbike" riders running from the cops ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-13-2010 11:22 PM
Cops: I-Phone app that warns you about traffic cameras and speed traps is "cowardly". Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-18-2009 02:21 AM
The "cops words" stright out of there mouths about sport bikes Lee General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 12-25-2006 01:18 PM
fyi: for the "runners" amongst us. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-08-2006 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2007, 06:32 AM   #122
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I'd rather deal with the very slim "possibility" that the police may run me over and cover it up before I'd voluntarily have a black box that monitored all of the movements of a law abiding citizen.

That's a slippery slope, however it's not the topic here.

Actually it's become pointless to continue debating this.

The few who are going on about the possibility of being "maliciously run down by the police", aren't going to change their opinion on the subject no matter how rationally it's explained, and the rest of us more reasonable people are not going to change our opinions either.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 AM   #123
TheDanno
Ruler of the free world

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2000 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Now, how long until a cop hits a bike for running?
HAHA They can't hit what they can't catch...:laughing6
Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #124
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Put a device to slow down or kill your vehicle if a cop sees fit? ARe you freak'n crazy? Man, you people trust cops and big brother waaaayyy to much. I mean why do you think our forefathers gave us the right to bear arms. Not to defend ourselves from other countries but to defend ourselves against our own government that gets to big for its britches.

Read my story again(about the fire), most cops aren't real bright otherwise they wouldn't be cops. So I don't want to give the picked on in school wimps that want to be cops so they can push people around more power to run me or any of my biker friends off the road be cause they thing we are fleeing instead of just hauling and not seeing them. But if a guy uses a sportbike in a crime like robbery, murder or rape go ahead and run him off the road. But don't run him off the road for speeding or popping wheelie. Come on.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #125
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Put a device to slow down or kill your vehicle if a cop sees fit? ARe you freak'n crazy? Man, you people trust cops and big brother waaaayyy to much."

Go re-read the thread Gix... the one that came up with that, is the guy(s) arguing the same side as you. :-)

Now don't you think you're being a bit melodramatic & paranoid to presume that all of a sudden LEO's are going to go on a Mad-Max style rampage of ramming every car & motorcycle they see that doesn't pull over and stop within the first 5 seconds of pursuit.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #126
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"Put a device to slow down or kill your vehicle if a cop sees fit? ARe you freak'n crazy? Man, you people trust cops and big brother waaaayyy to much."

Go re-read the thread Gix... the one that came up with that, is the guy(s) arguing the same side as you. :-)

Now don't you think you're being a bit melodramatic & paranoid to presume that all of a sudden LEO's are going to go on a Mad-Max style rampage of ramming every car & motorcycle they see that doesn't pull over and stop within the first 5 seconds of pursuit.
No, I don't think they all will. But you can have some hothead cowboys that do and that is why it shouldn't be in their arsonel to hit a bike for just running because of speeding. The rider is going to be seriously hurt if a cop car hits the bike to make him crash. Like I said the punishment FAR exceeds the crime. For example, I saw a cop use the pitstop manuever on two girls that were under 20 that ran for speeding. It crippled one and killed the other girl. Total ABUSE of power when they could have just got their plates and those two kids would be alive today.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #127
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"For example, I saw a cop use the pitstop manuever on two girls that were under 20 that ran for speeding. It crippled one and killed the other girl. Total ABUSE of power when they could have just got their plates and those two kids would be alive today."

Precisely HOW would any LEO know WHY someone RAN?
by the same token those 'girls' would be fine if they had pulled over instead of trying to run. The fault was not that of the officer, but of the girl driving the car.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #128
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
"The only way we will ever stop people from killing other people with guns is to stop making them. Anything less is damage control."

No you'd have to find and destroy/lock up every gun in the states... then make sure none came in via the blackmarket... then you've still got 'zip' guns to try to get rid of and home-made ammo.... and what do you get?

Criminals with weapons (guns) vs civilians without.
Um... then you'd have to find and destroy all of the knives, hachets, axes, sticks, stones, balled-up fists...

Gawd - the 'distroy all the guns to prevent violence' crowd drives me freaking nuts...

DR. DEMENTO READ: IT'S NOT THE GUNS - ITS IT'S THE PERSON(S) USING THEM FOR VIOLENCE - IF THEY CANNOT GET GUNS, THEY WILL USE THE NEXT BEST TOOL FOR THEIR MISDEEDS - YOU CANNOT REMOVE EVERY TOOL FROM SOCIETY - BUT YOU CAN REMOVE THOSE WHO WOULD USE TOOLS FOR HARMING OTHERS.

I really need to stop reading this thread already. :BangHead:
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #129
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

I think it's just time to follow Patrick's example Koz.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #130
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
"For example, I saw a cop use the pitstop manuever on two girls that were under 20 that ran for speeding. It crippled one and killed the other girl. Total ABUSE of power when they could have just got their plates and those two kids would be alive today."

Precisely HOW would any LEO know WHY someone RAN?
by the same token those 'girls' would be fine if they had pulled over instead of trying to run. The fault was not that of the officer, but of the girl driving the car.
No the FAULT was with the officer he killed a young girl and crippled an innocent teenager that was in the passenger seat. They should bring that pig up on murder charges. The girls were young and young people don't use their brains because they have not matured enough. That is why the stupid pig should have just got there plate and arrrested them later but he was freakn' hothead that used a dangerous manuever for a speeding offense.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #131
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"No the FAULT was with the officer he killed a young girl and crippled an innocent teenager that was in the passenger seat. They should bring that pig up on murder charges. The girls were young and young people don't use their brains because they have not matured enough. That is why the stupid pig should have just got there plate and arrrested them later but he was freakn' hothead that used a dangerous manuever for a speeding offense."

If they were 'just' speeding, why run? Answer the previous question Bill...

"Precisely HOW would any LEO know WHY someone RAN?"
There's a WHOLE lot of possibilities there...

The fault of the accident is in the hands of the driver that ran, not the officer who tried and apparently succeeded in preventing them from taking anyone else out. IF they had not matured enough to have proper judgement/decision making, then they had no business behind the wheel of a car or other street legal vehicle in the first place.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #132
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
They should bring that pig up on murder charges.
Its people like you that are the problem, not law enforcement....
Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #133
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1
Its people like you that are the problem, not law enforcement....
Like me? What are you talking about? Just because I think an officer took to aggresive of a manuever against the car(which didn't hit any other pedestrian btw and had a helicopter tracking the girl so they could have easily got her when she ran out of gas) so I don't think he deserves the name of officer but a pig. A pig is a cop that abuses his authority(in case you didn't know) I have respect for cops that do their job and don't abuse their autority this cop did and why I used the name "pig". I hope the family of the girl that was mamed for life sues the out of the "cop" so other cops will think twice about using the pit stop manuever against just a speeder.

You should see the video then I think you would change your mind but maybe you are the type person that always takes the cops side and don't think they screw up.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #134
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

No sir, I am the son of a fallen officer, and the only people who refer to them as pigs are the criminal element. period.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #135
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1
No sir, I am the son of a fallen officer, and the only people who refer to them as pigs are the criminal element. period.
I am sorry about your father but I asure you I am not a part of the criminal element. I speed and pop wheelies every once in while but I don't rob convenience stores and I pay a of lot money in taxes. Just curious what do you call bad cops or cops that misuse their authority(you know the ones that take bribes, deal conficated drugs and things like that)?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #136
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

parking lots rule!

private property 1
pigs 0
Old 05-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #137
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Mnemonic
parking lots rule!

private property 1
pigs 0

Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #138
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
cops dont like me.. hehe.. they are all (90%) pigs towards me. and most stunters.. one of the nicest stunters i know went to jail the other day. no wheelie, not speeding, just pulled over bc the bike LOOKED like it had been wrecked i guess (it was street fightered.) and went in for having an expired license. :BangHead:

just bc the bike had a cage and 12 bar and not front fairing? cop darted off the freeway onto the feeder cuttin off several cars to go pull him over.

i have only seen a handfull of cops that just do their job and dont try to play captain america / billy the bully bad .
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #139
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Just curious what do you call bad cops or cops that misuse their authority(you know the ones that take bribes, deal conficated drugs and things like that)?

Inmates
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #140
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Mnemonic
cops dont like me.. hehe.. they are all (90%) pigs towards me. and most stunters.. one of the nicest stunters i know went to jail the other day. no wheelie, not speeding, just pulled over bc the bike LOOKED like it had been wrecked i guess (it was street fightered.) and went in for having an expired license. :BangHead:

just bc the bike had a cage and 12 bar and not front fairing? cop darted off the freeway onto the feeder cuttin off several cars to go pull him over.

i have only seen a handfull of cops that just do their job and dont try to play captain america / billy the bully bad .
i'm going to put this as respectfully as possible, FVCK COPS! I ate lunch with my aunt today who I love dearly but unfortunatlly she is a Harris County Sherrif. Shes a great person but when shes behind that badge, shes not my aunt anymore. as far as i'm concerned, shes just another piggy. i've heard some of her work stories and they aren't exactly the most rational or ethical. 90% of the cops i know do some pretty crooked a$$ shyt on a daily basis. they are scum with shields and until the number of cops that "serve and protect" me out number the co<k suckers that give me tickets, fu<k um' all!

Closed Thread

Advertisement