MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #101
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
No, they passed it because they are more in favor of criminals rights than law abiding citizens.

So now, if I live in L.A., I can rape / rob someone, jump on my bike and I know I can get away because they're not allowed to chase me.

Sounds like reasonable logic is being used in L.A. to me....:confused1 :confused2
did i read the article wrong my bad.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"dirtbike" riders running from the cops ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-13-2010 11:22 PM
Cops: I-Phone app that warns you about traffic cameras and speed traps is "cowardly". Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-18-2009 02:21 AM
The "cops words" stright out of there mouths about sport bikes Lee General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 12-25-2006 01:18 PM
fyi: for the "runners" amongst us. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-08-2006 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #102
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
did i read the article wrong my bad.

No, you read it correctly, I'm just responding to zeros post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
but , i guess L.A., the most populated city in the nation, passed a no chase policy just for shyts and giggles, huh.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #103
mammothmc

Its not that people don't screw up & need a thumping for stupidity sometimes.........All I'm saying is that sometimes cops screw up too & to have complete immunity from responsibility for those screw ups is just sending the wrong message.

If your actions were justified, someone will back you up. Cops can be sure that statement is true....... the average citizen isn't so lucky. Even though this one went to the supreme court, the right decision was made. I in no way am defending the stupid punk that got himself injured. But to give police officers complete immunity from consequences........all might break loose.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #104
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

easy fix. don't run. been driving 25+yrs.......never been "PITTED" :shrug
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #105
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
Since it is so easy to build a case get a law degree or become a detective and show everyone how it is done.
thought about it but the employment rates too low...go figure. one would have better luck becoming a cop.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #106
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Sounds like reasonable logic is being used in L.A. to me....:confused1 :confused2
no, just common sense, ethics, and morals. they might have to put a little investigation time in but i bet they have a higher rate solved crimes. what are your views on the death penalty???

Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #107
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 05-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #108
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
TABC was hiring which would kinda be cool, regular clothers?, g-ride, and get to go to bars and titty bars and get paid!
good lookin out. which temp. agency do you use???

Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #109
zero_cool

Member Garage

BS

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...y.651325c.html
even fired a cop for voicing his opinion on h-towns chase policy
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5242542

Old 05-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #110
zero_cool

Member Garage

so what happens when the cop pulls a PIT on a speeder and his car goes out control killing a busload of nuns? oops

Old 05-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #111
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Please show me examples of wrongful deaths caused by police officers involved in a chase.

I can guarantee for evey ONE you're able to present, I can present 1000 where the drunk / reckless driver killed themselve or worse, someone else, because of their actions, with out any "police influence".

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 05-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #112
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Please show me examples of wrongful deaths caused by police officers involved in a chase.

I can guarantee for evey ONE you're able to present, I can present 1000 where the drunk / reckless driver killed themselve or worse, someone else, because of their actions, with out any "police influence".
i never said the cop was dirrectly at fault as if they rammed the person fleeing. i'm saying if they gave up persuite once the person began to flee, less damage to property and people would occur.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #113
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
i never said the cop was dirrectly at fault as if they rammed the person fleeing. i'm saying if they gave up persuite once the person began to flee, less damage to property and people would occur.
less damage to property and people ?

Please quantify that statement.

How many innocent bystanders are killed injured by idiots (let's use that term for the time being for drunks and reckless drivers) with absolutely no police influence?

How many innocent bystanders are saved by police intervention?

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #114
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"no pressure, well say he was going 80 in a 45. any traffic violation accept for like 2 are arrestable and maybe he couldn't afford the ticket or the jail time. no matter what the fvck anyone says, had that cop not attempted to persue Bryan, he would most likely be here today. plain and fvcking simple. he would have seen the lights and once they disappeared slowed down. if someone is going 75 in a 70 and they don't stop for a cop, big goddam.n deal."

In most cases a 'cop' isn't going to pull someone over for 75 in a 70... 80 in a 45 is a different matter... and in that situation he was jsut as likely to have had the same accident. Math.. 80 in a 45 compared to 120 when most traffic is doing 75-80? But sure it's the cops fault because...plain and simply the kid went into idiot mode.

"Its not that people don't screw up & need a thumping for stupidity sometimes.........All I'm saying is that sometimes cops screw up too & to have complete immunity from responsibility for those screw ups is just sending the wrong message. "

Really where is this 'complete immunity from responsibility'... the arguement sounds more like paranoia.

...and to be really blunt and crude, in essence Zero. Darwinism in action.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #115
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
less damage to property and people ?

Please quantify that statement.

How many innocent bystanders are killed injured by idiots (let's use that term for the time being for drunks and reckless drivers) with absolutely no police influence?

quantified:
if a cop discontinues chasing a fleeing criminal, the motherfvcker might get away but noone will be harmed. with some good old fashion investigative effort, they might even catch him the next day and throw some additional charges at him. still, noone dies

Quote:
how many are harmed by letting the guy escape and catching up with him later? either way, one side has to loose. i'm just stuck on this whole pro life thing.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #116
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
Quote:
LMAO!!!:laughing6

zero, gixxerbill, et al;

The family man who died HAD NO decision in the matter, the idiot speeding did.
Fair enough.

The problem I have is how it can be used as an excuse to cover up mistakes on the part of law enforcement. When it is available and the opportunity presents itself law enforcement will protect its own even if it is in the wrong. Accountability only comes in to question when there is no other option or something was caught on video tape. Even Ray Charles can see that.

I do not condone the actions of those who knowingly break the law then go the extra step by endangering others with a high speed pursuit. However, what concerns me are cases where an officer mistakenly assumes someone to be fleeing when they really are not. At what point does the person realize that the officer is attempting to run them off the road that there is no other choice but to actually run?

However, I am going to tread in an area that will draw a lot of controversy. If safety is such a concern then why don't they not make a law that all new vehicles much be equiped with a receiver that allows law enforcement to kill the engine or slow its speed? Why do we even allow the sale of motor vehicles that can so easily break the law? I fail to see why any law abiding citizen would have a problem with one of those options. This is much like gun control. The only way we will ever stop people from killing other people with guns is to stop making them. Anything less is damage control.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #117
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"if a cop discontinues chasing a fleeing criminal, the motherfvcker might get away but noone will be harmed. with some good old fashion investigative effort, they might even catch him the next day and throw some additional charges at him. still, noone dies."

That's called a dodge... no actual data, just speculation.

If it's a stolen vehicle, how do they 'locate' the guy the next day? Or do you somehow believe that it's "Just" speeders that don't want a ticket that run?

"how many are harmed by letting the guy escape and catching up with him later? either way, one side has to loose. i'm just stuck on this whole pro life thing."
Good question...how many are harmed by an armed robber/murderer/serial rapists that gets away? Particularly(sp?) if they don't know what he looks like?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #118
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Quote:
Lol, google.com is your friend. I've seen dash cam video while in the academy of officers using excessive and subsquently fired. Rodney King come to mind?
Only because it was caught on video tape and there were witnesses? Don't get me wrong, it was said he was less than cooperative so perhaps a little beating was in order? But then again, did they even try to use taser?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #119
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Trackdays: 3

If you are stuck on the pro-life thing then the choice is simple.

Obey the laws, and when you break them (i.e. speeding) since I guess you know you are breaking them, acknowledge it and pull over instead of thinking that you deserver immunity from being held responsible for your actions and the laws shouldn't apply to you.

Simply put, don’t like being pulled over…don’t speed, if caught pull over. Don't run, if you do accept the consequences.

If you are pro life, then value your life and that of the other individuals in the roads by not running, since by doing so you are going at high speed and reckless driving, emphasis on reckless. That is what you want the cops not to do right – be reckless?

If you are saying that they are the ones causing the high speed chases, think again, first you need a high speed fleeing suspect.

If running is a normal reaction to being pulled over or seeing the lights behind you, then maybe the cops should just stop pulling over people altogether so that nobody runs.
And if a criminal runs (yes you are a criminal the moment you run) you say let him go and noone gets hurt, and the cops are supposed to knock on his door the next day and ask him to go voluntarily with them so that he doesn’t get hurt. After all its not like he has a record of obeying the law right.

Does your idea apply just to speeders (and of course the cops are supposed to know that he is not running for some other reason since they have supernatural abilities) or does it also apply to armed/dangerous criminals that might kill some more people waiting for the invitation to come in and surrender?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #120
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
That's called a dodge... no actual data, just speculation.

If it's a stolen vehicle, how do they 'locate' the guy the next day? Or do you somehow believe that it's "Just" speeders that don't want a ticket that run?
Mandatory tracking device like lojack for all new vehicles? Yeah, I know, big brother...

Advertisement