MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #81
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Maturity SUX will do that noise when I have a cane and some nurse wiping my . :icon_bigg
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"dirtbike" riders running from the cops ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-13-2010 11:22 PM
Cops: I-Phone app that warns you about traffic cameras and speed traps is "cowardly". Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-18-2009 02:21 AM
The "cops words" stright out of there mouths about sport bikes Lee General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 12-25-2006 01:18 PM
fyi: for the "runners" amongst us. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-08-2006 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #82
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
You've watched too much CSI. It must be that easy, "getting the gun or a specimen". What if the evidence is tainted or the suspect got rid of it? How will you tell the lady who was just raped that "yea we were chasing him but we didn't want to hurt him so we let him go, sorry".
if i'm not mistaken 20 year old Bryan Walsh of motohouston.com was killed last Wed. while supposedlly running from the police, i'm sure for some hanus crime like rape or murder. maybe you should share your views on police persuite policies with his mother and father.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #83
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
if i'm not mistaken 20 year old Bryan Walsh of motohouston.com was killed last Wed. while supposedlly running from the police, i'm sure for some hanus crime like rape or murder. maybe you should share your views on police persuite policies with his mother and father.
The cops ran him off the road? What happened?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #84
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
The cops ran him off the road? What happened?
i'm not sure if its true but i heard from a few people it was a group running from the cops. might be bs though, you know how people like to spice stories up. i heard he cliped the front of a semi while running.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #85
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"if i'm not mistaken 20 year old Bryan Walsh of motohouston.com was killed last Wed. while supposedlly running from the police, i'm sure for some hanus crime like rape or murder. maybe you should share your views on police persuite policies with his mother and father."

Perhaps someone should discuss the basic concepts of accepting responsibility for one's own actions.

Based on the information provided... Bryan chose to break the speed limit, chose to 'run' instead of pulling over. Bryan hit the truck/rig as a results of his choices/actions... The 'Cops' didn't do it.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #86
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

I like how the same guys are choosing to act like VICTIMS for crimes they COMMITTED. Its kinda like the story I heard of a burglar sueing a homeowner because she left a knife on the island below the skylight and he fell while breaking in and cut himself. How the can he sue her while committing a crime. But thoughts like these how the cops are wrong when someone gets hurt trying to evade them, causes stupid stuff like the burglar getting rewarded for breaking the law. I wonder why the government has to pass laws like this?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #87
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"if i'm not mistaken 20 year old Bryan Walsh of motohouston.com was killed last Wed. while supposedlly running from the police, i'm sure for some hanus crime like rape or murder. maybe you should share your views on police persuite policies with his mother and father."

Perhaps someone should discuss the basic concepts of accepting responsibility for one's own actions.

Based on the information provided... Bryan chose to break the speed limit, chose to 'run' instead of pulling over. Bryan hit the truck/rig as a results of his choices/actions... The 'Cops' didn't do it.
and thousands of Jews wouldn't have died had Hitler not ordered it. whats your point?

plain and simple...if the cops wouldn't have been on his tail, there would have been no pressure to run wrecklessly going 100+mph endangering innocent bystanders and himself.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #88
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
and thousands of Jews wouldn't have died had Hitler not ordered it. whats your point?

if the cops wouldn't have been on his tail, there would have been no pressure to run and wrecklessly going 100+mph endangering innocent bystanders.
wow dude...seriously, how dumb does that sound when you read that back to yourself? No pressure to run? what the f.uck????? No one is pressured to run, they choose to entirely on their own!!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #89
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
wow dude...seriously, how dumb does that sound when you read that back to yourself? No pressure to run? what the f.uck????? No one is pressured to run, they choose to entirely on their own!!
+1 [was just thinking the same thing - I'm like, 'huh?']
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #90
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"
if the cops wouldn't have been on his tail, there would have been no pressure to run and wrecklessly going 100+mph endangering innocent bystanders."

WAKE up...why do you 'think' the cops tried to pull them over in the first place...because they were wearing white after labor day?

Your comment displays an issue with the basic concept of cause and effect.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #91
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"
if the cops wouldn't have been on his tail, there would have been no pressure to run and recklessly going 100+mph endangering innocent bystanders."

WAKE up...why do you 'think' the cops tried to pull them over in the first place...because they were wearing white after labor day? Your comment displays an issue with the basic concept of cause and effect.

LMAO!!!:laughing6

zero, gixxerbill, et al;

Stop trying to blame the cop for doing his job just because YOU want to break the law.

I can see it now, by your way of thinking if I want to rob banks, lets make it where it's legal to do so, that way I won't get in trouble doing it.....

Also, from what I understand, Bryan was not evading anyone, just riding too fast.

zero, how about another scenario?

A police officer has to apologize to a family that their father was killed by a recklessly speeding motorcyclist, which the officer DID NOT pursue because it was his departments policy not to. Several miles up the road the motorcyclist lost control of his bike and rammed a car in the drivers door, instantly killing the driver.
The family man who died HAD NO decision in the matter, the idiot speeding did.

FWIW, that's a true story of a good friend of mine, Glenn Taylor, a father of 2, that happened in N.O., almost 15 years ago.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 05-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #92
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

i think the reasoning behind NOT chasing a speeding motorist is that when there are no longer cops behind him he will then slow down and not endanger other lives.
kinda like run away from a fight today to live to fight another day
michael
88 v-max
Old 05-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #93
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460
i think the reasoning behind NOT chasing a speeding motorist is that when there are no longer cops behind him he will then slow down and not endanger other lives.
michael
I think the reasoning behind chasing the person is because they broke the law and are already endangering lives... kind of like if you do wrong there will be consequences.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #94
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460
michael

Michael, look at what you wrote, "chasing a speeding motorist".

If he wasn't speeding in the first place why chase him?
If he is speeding why would he slow down?

The logic is flawed.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #95
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
[sarcasm] You know you're right, I ought to just get out my rifles, go on down to the Piggly Wiggly and then start shooting at people I don't like the look of.
After that I'll start looking up the addresses of the people online that I don't like, and I'll start shooting them too. Maybe I'll finish it up by blowing up a few things, seems a little too quiet around here lately.[/sarcasm]

I wonder if you'll let me use that brilliant response as part of my defense at my trial.:laughing6
that means i would get shot.

713-212-tips

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #96
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Not likely, but I do already have your address.:laughing6

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 05-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #97
kozmic
Are all cagers blind?

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha FZ1

Old 05-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #98
paniro187

ahem ex offender and even i can't find a reason for them to not pass this law. if you don't want to be ****ed with don't run. that's pretty simple.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 05-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #99
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
no pressure, well say he was going 80 in a 45. any traffic violation accept for like 2 are arrestable and maybe he couldn't afford the ticket or the jail time. no matter what the fvck anyone says, had that cop not attempted to persue Bryan, he would most likely be here today. plain and fvcking simple. he would have seen the lights and once they disappeared slowed down. if someone is going 75 in a 70 and they don't stop for a cop, big goddam.n deal. if it bothers the lawdog that bad, investigate the evedence he should have obtained in the video of the attempted stop and build a case. say the cop did catch one of the riders, then what. all that does is make it a little easier for the DA to get a conviction and a lot harder for the runner to get out off and i would bet 10 to 1 the speeding ticket the person was originally running from would never even end in a conviction. but , i guess L.A., the most populated city in the nation, passed a no chase policy just for shyts and giggles, huh.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #100
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

No, they passed it because they are more in favor of criminals rights than law abiding citizens.

So now, if I live in L.A., I can rape / rob someone, jump on my bike and I know I can get away because they're not allowed to chase me.

Sounds like reasonable logic is being used in L.A. to me....:confused1 :confused2

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Closed Thread

Advertisement